David Jacobs' BJJGround Hugo Duarte: Luta Livre

11 days ago
1/1/01
blabbermouth -

Also this:

Mr. Militech has in my opinion the best striking instructional it was titled "striking strategies". It was under Paldin Press. Its worth locating!

11 days ago
8/20/16

Just for De Braco:

11 days ago
8/20/16
mongrel 911 -
blabbermouth -

Also this:

Mr. Militech has in my opinion the best striking instructional it was titled "striking strategies". It was under Paldin Press. Its worth locating!

Either you've said that before or I've heard someone else praising that tape.

Edited: 11 days ago
8/20/16

Damn, what a gold mine. They've also got some silat, Mac Young, and arnis videos that I'm not posting. They've also got a Bart Vale... fight? Pro-wrestling match?... that is almost impossible to watch becaue of the poor tape quality.

Here are the last of the videos I'll post from that channel:

11 days ago
1/1/01
blabbermouth -
mongrel 911 -
blabbermouth -

Also this:

Either you've said that before or I've heard someone else praising that tape.

Corecto mundo, I really love his striking strategies, his century mma series was fine, but the Paldin series only 2 discs were a solid 10.

11 days ago
1/1/01

Boom shaka laka,

11 days ago
1/1/01

jeff neil impostor and the rolling smoke amanda peet, i like it a lot

1/1/01
mongrel 911 -
blabbermouth -

Also this:

i wonder how i forgot the pat miletich tapes from paladin, that must have been during my drunken buffoon phase

Bujin has a lot of interesting stuff, most of it is trader dubs though, so the quality leaves a little something to be desired.

1/1/01
blabbermouth -

Just for De Braco:

Candles raise my desire
Why I'm so far away
No more meaning to my life
No more reason to stay
Freezing feeling, breathe in, breathe in
I'm coming back again

I'm not the one who's so far away
When I feel the snake bite enter my veins
Never did want to be here again
And I don't remember why I came

vu-doooo vu-dooooo

vudoo vudoo

VU-DOOO VU-DOOOOO

I'm not the one who's so far away
When I feel the snake bite enter my veins
Never did want to be here again
And I don't remember why I came

DE-FANG THE SNAKE,

DE-FANG THE SNAKE

And remember, as per vudoo doo , paw the ground several times before each commited attack and bop the tip of your nose with the back of your gloves when you're going to throw a power shot. The majick of jkd!!!!

11 days ago
8/20/16
mongrel 911 -

Boom shaka laka,

I really like that. Not enough people teach moving the head off the centreline to kick, imo.

11 days ago
8/20/16

This popped up on my youtube and I had to share it.

11 days ago
9/14/13

ah yes. tonfa strikes to the nutsack, defence to an awkwarkd cuddle and restomping the groin

10 days ago
1/1/01

they're working on so many levels there, the synth jews harp music is a nice touch

10 days ago
1/9/20

I'm going to put this out here, just in case any of you were wondering what to do if a horde of angry assailants come charging after you in slow-motion throwing overhand rights at 1/4 speed. 

10 days ago
1/1/01
mbetz1981 -

I'm going to put this out here, just in case any of you were wondering what to do if a horde of angry assailants come charging after you in slow-motion throwing overhand rights at 1/4 speed. 

If Frank Cucci hadn't introduced JKD concepts to the Seal Teams this would have continued.

9 days ago
1/1/01

i can't even begin to recount the amount of times i've been set upon in a sanguinary ambuscade by knotheads armed with broom handles in an 87' wrangler with the aftermarket smittybuilt grill bling. It got to the point where, that upon seeing that chrome insert grill headed my way, i'd just head for the timber as fast as i could go

9 days ago
1/1/01
The eternal question:

SCARS vs SAFTA, who is the REAL king of Kung Fu San Soo derived Navy SEAL fighting Tactics?

9 days ago
1/1/01

SCARS cause of the cool name.

9 days ago
12/26/02

I thought I posted this but I guess it didn't show up...

That Krav Maga video confuses me.  

I got into KM in 2002.  I have trained intermittently since then, but am getting back into it lately. There are some things about it I really, really like.  

I do understand that JJJ forms some of its basis.  But that video above looks nothing like any KM I've ever done or even seen.  That looked like some kind of athletic aikijujitsu demo done by Ernie Reyes' demo team. I just don't know what I was supposed to take away from all that flipping about.  All the crazy ukemi just seemed so out of place. 

:::shrug:::  I guess I'm not the target audience...

9 days ago
1/1/01

SCARS actually managed to weasle their way into a contractor job, so i'd have to go with scars. It's as much bullshit as the rest, obviously.

On a completely unrelated note, the 2nd tape of the excellent series from 2002. The secrets of the wondrous strange, the fucking Dalai lama watches this shit for enlightenment, such is the power of the content

Edited: 9 days ago
1/1/01

I found this to be relevant to my interest, a story on Roberto Leitão from the sportv Sensei show hosted by flavio canto.

Uploaded by daniel milazzo

my Portuguese is on the level of a drunken half-wit, but just the animation with which Leitão tells his stories makes them understandable, such as relating the carlson and santana fight by imitating the old ufc mascot hammering the globe while yelling bang bang bang!!

Edited: 8 days ago
1/1/01

A Leon Jay seminar uploaded by Dillman himself

and a 1987 wally jay small circle summer camp uploaded by dejan stojiljkovic

8 days ago
12/26/02

I met Leon Jay a couple times.  I found him to be an excellent seminar presenter.  He was also very down to earth to talk to outside of the session. 

8 days ago
1/1/01

I'm glad he didn't give you the hadouken!

8 days ago
9/14/13

Fucking dillman man, i wish he'd buy so far into his bullshit to get blasted like those taichi masters in china