David Jacobs' BJJGround Hugo Duarte: Luta Livre

28 days ago
1/1/01

I originally watched to see lee van cleef karate chopping fools, but stayed for the prime demi moore, and then she didn't appear in any more episodes after the pilot/made for tv movie. Typical bait and switch screw job

Edited: 28 days ago
1/1/01
The Stewed Owl -
mongrel 911 - 

Haha I remember the Master!

Jesus! I wasn't the sanest or most squared away cat to ever come down the pike before watching that, but after being subjected to that master ninja theme song video, i'm barking mad! Mad as a fucking hatter! the last gossamer strands of rationality that were keeping me tethered to sanity have snapped and i'm rocketing skyward into the wild blue yonder of crazy like a bat out of hell.

28 days ago
8/20/16
The Stewed Owl -
mongrel 911 - 

Haha I remember the Master!

This show was the greatest thing ever.

28 days ago
1/2/20

Is there any online version of this show?

28 days ago
1/1/01

This is at least as ridiculous as mystery science theatre. Uploaded by swampgift. Nothing denotes legitimate more than a swarthy new yawk guido drenched in hai karate aftershave and draped in gold chains with zodiac sign medallions

Edited: 28 days ago
1/1/01

a couple of fetching little wenches though. If this were the olden days, i would stroll right in, knock giuseppe in the head, throw a wench over each shoulder and be barricaded inside my rusticated fortress before the super mario bros even knew there was clusterfuckery afoot

27 days ago
8/20/16

Edited: 27 days ago
1/1/01

both of those chicks look to be mid 20's, i didn't include the young chick with the elton john foster grant glasses.

'Master' Jerry Denson of the Afrocentric Sanuces ryu. I reckon they're training for the final countdown where the black muslim "supermen" will defeat the "white devils" once and for all. These damn honkeys created by yakub in his laboratory, have been nothing but trouble and will be annihilated to the last man and male child. I wish them luck on that score, as they'll need it, and instead of fulfilling the prophecy, more than likely they will be given an advanced tutorial on how a handful of Europeans defeated and colonized the continent of Africa. Uploaded by the master himself. I will come riding with the devil, laying waste to their supply of african tribal print hakama and those head sock things, thereby completely destroying morale, and in fact,  even the will to live

27 days ago
1/1/01

Watching the United studios news clip ja a blast from the past. Feathered hair, goofy karate and you would never hear today a news reporter saying "are you girls single", haha the good old days.

27 days ago
1/1/01

that there is chinese shaolin kenpo! LOL. I have no idea how places like that retain any adults, it's mind boggling! Their task force(TransportedAfterSchoolKarate) is a damn cash monster though, surpassing even their parent org, fred villari mawshal awts.

26 days ago
1/1/01

Carlson Jr with hair and letao jr

uploaded by prontopraguerratv

26 days ago
1/1/01

Crezio de souza also^

Edited: 26 days ago
1/1/01

Last 4 post=only me talking to myself bumping my own thread. Pathetic!

Circa 1986. Benny has some interesting stories.

26 days ago
1/1/01

Mr. Urquidez always told these great stories at his seminars. He talked about fights, growing up and had alot of celebrity stories. 

VU! buddy.

26 days ago
1/9/20

The entire 7-VHS tape set of Rob Kaman's kickboxing instructionals are up on Ebay right now

Edited: 26 days ago
8/20/16
de braco -

This was a shock until I realized they were training Olympic wrestling. Does anyone know how much wrestling training Carlson Jr. had? I've never heard anyone talk about it. (Wait, those moves weren't legal in the Olympics. What the hell did I just watch?)

25 days ago
1/1/01

Not an instructional but a pretty cool interview with one of my favorite sport karate guys from my youth. The awesome Keith Vitali. 

25 days ago
1/1/01
blabbermouth -
de braco -

This was a shock until I realized they were training Olympic wrestling. Does anyone know how much wrestling training Carlson Jr. had? I've never heard anyone talk about it. (Wait, those moves weren't legal in the Olympics. What the hell did I just watch?)

If you can believe Peretti, on the inaugural extreme fighting he says jr is something like a 12 time brazilian greco champion

25 days ago
1/1/01
Fast Pitch -

Not an instructional but a pretty cool interview with one of my favorite sport karate guys from my youth. The awesome Keith Vitali. 

I never really kept up with the "open" tournament scene, but i would always read steve andersons retarded diatribes whenever he would lose to vitali or McCallum. To sum them up, "THAT'S WACIST!!!!!!!! All these damn klansmen trying to keep Nasty anderson down." I never really expanded my mind to the whole "open" tournament thing until mouse came of age, and then it was more due to being an old lecher and pervert, than for any appreciation for the "art" (and i use that term loosely,) of it. I recall Anderson and billy blanks throwing down for realsies and it ended up with anderson managing to bite blank's thumb while they ineffectually rolled around on the floor. And that was the top two ranked "fighters" (and again i use the term loosely,) in the whole circuit

Edited: 25 days ago
1/1/01

Another great tape by Scott Sonnon, circa 2002

The Rob Kaman set is so good that not even Niko Toshogu press could fuck them up! They were distributed in north america by panther, but produced in holland by bas boon's company, niko toshogu. The company is named for a famous shrine in japan. Boon partnered up with fredrico lapenda and rio videos in the 90's and had the uncanny ability to take insanely good talent(such as Bas Rutten, hugo duarte, peter aerts, Igor vovchanchin... et al), and turn their instructionals into a shit sandwich. A few exceptions being the kaman, francisco bueno and fabio gurgel sets. I've never seen the pele chuteboxe set.

25 days ago
1/1/01
de braco -

The Rob Kaman set is so good that not even Niko Toshogu press could fuck them up! They were distributed in north america by panther, but produced in holland by bas boon's company, niko toshogu. The company is named for a famous shrine in japan. Boon partnered up with fredrico lapenda and rio videos in the 90's and had the uncanny ability to take insanely good talent(such as Bas Rutten, hugo duarte, peter aerts, Igor vovchanchin... et al), and turn their instructionals into a shit sandwich. A few exceptions being the kaman, francisco bueno and fabio gurgel sets. I've never seen the pele chuteboxe set.

That's cool, did Sonnon ever produce a clinch specific video or material?

1/1/01
de braco -
Fast Pitch -

I never really kept up with the "open" tournament scene, but i would always read steve andersons retarded diatribes whenever he would lose to vitali or McCallum. To sum them up, "THAT'S WACIST!!!!!!!! All these damn klansmen trying to keep Nasty anderson down." I never really expanded my mind to the whole "open" tournament thing until mouse came of age, and then it was more due to being an old lecher and pervert, than for any appreciation for the "art" (and i use that term loosely,) of it. I recall Anderson and billy blanks throwing down for realsies and it ended up with anderson managing to bite blank's thumb while they ineffectually rolled around on the floor. And that was the top two ranked "fighters" (and again i use the term loosely,) in the whole circuit

I didn’t get to train in Kyokushin and wasn’t aware of the full contact Kyokushin scene until my 20s. In my teens “American” sport karate was the only thing I was exposed to, thanks to the magazines.  But yeah I hear ya on that. Point karate was just a game with few consequences compared to other stuff out there. 

25 days ago
12/26/02
de braco - 

I've been enjoying the videos, but in a single page this managed to get both creepy about women and also racist with a threatening undertone.  Maybe it's worth considering these as reasons why the conversation stopped? 

25 days ago
1/1/01
mongrel 911 -
de braco -

That's cool, did Sonnon ever produce a clinch specific video or material?

I've seen quite a bit of the clinch on one of his tapes, who knows what kind of nomenclature he used for it, probably along the lines of, "isogonic line engagement/disengagement'

1/1/01
twinkletoesCT -
de braco - 

I've been enjoying the videos, but in a single page this managed to get both creepy about women and also racist with a threatening undertone.  Maybe it's worth considering these as reasons why the conversation stopped? 

This is a C L A S S I C  response. The philosophical jkd brain in action, firing on both cylinders