David Jacobs' BJJGround I'm learning a lot from watching this

Edited: 23 days ago
8/20/16

This Kosen Judo is blowing my mind. I see so many situations that I get stuck in and these guys are just grabbing and going. I thought I was doing something wrong all this time -- no, i was on the right path, but didn't know what the next step was.

EDIT: here's the same video, but edited down to be more BJJ-centric

Edited: 25 days ago
8/20/16

A perfect example is the 1:26:12 mark. i dread getting stuck there playing open guard and they pull directly to it on their path to a hook guard sweep.

25 days ago
1/1/01

It's great stuff that is 98% identical to old-school BJJ.

23 days ago
5/8/11

this gives me robobear nightmares 

23 days ago
8/20/16

23:14 -- there's a cross choke to armbar that might change my life.

23 days ago
8/20/16

Some really cool stuff here. The Judo groundfighting invented in the early 1900s:

23 days ago
8/20/16

23 days ago
1/1/01

the guy who "invented" that wasn't with the kodokan and was their main rival, they had to adopt it to survive. The high school duel meets were perfect for tanabe and handa as they started on their knees, the reasoning behind this is there were less injuries to youngsters with just newaza. We do the opposite now, which is fucking retarded. The old saying of "it's all been done, and likely better" is definitely true in this case

23 days ago
1/1/01

Well, i've killed another one with my handa bullshit. LOL, NO REGRATS!!!!

Edited: 23 days ago
8/20/16
de braco -

Well, i've killed another one with my handa bullshit. LOL, NO REGRATS!!!!

lol the madness continues

Starting on their knees would be a totally different sport! I wonder how many Judo throws translate to the knees. It can't be many. The forward throws, I guess.

23 days ago
8/28/10
fnunderful -

this gives me robobear nightmares 

I haven't had a chance to watch it, is it just pressure you from side control until your eyeballs pop out of your head type stuff? Or dump you on your head, pass your guard, and pressure you in side control until your eyes pop out your head stuff? Because that's robobear type shit lol