David Jacobs' BJJGround Just bought Seph Smiths 1/2 guard shell/RDLR DVD

4 days ago
5/17/13

Well actually the stream, Im only about 1/2 through the 1/2 guard section but man Seph is a fantastic instructor. Im liking the techniques so far

4 days ago
12/25/05
Im interested in this set as well so any insight into the techniques would be greatly appreciated.
4 days ago
4/24/08
applicable no gi? or gi dependent?
3 days ago
9/7/17
falsecrack - applicable no gi? or gi dependent?

Much like Ryan Hall's dvds it's applicable to both. There are some parts where he shows how if you're wearing a gi how you can use it to your benefit but Seph is a very strong no gi rdlr player and that technique is shown on this set.

3 days ago
4/24/08
mata_leaos - 
falsecrack - applicable no gi? or gi dependent?

Much like Ryan Hall's dvds it's applicable to both. There are some parts where he shows how if you're wearing a gi how you can use it to your benefit but Seph is a very strong no gi rdlr player and that technique is shown on this set.

right on thanks, I'll give it a try
Edited: 1 day ago
9/12/06

I promised myself at the end of 2017 that I'd only buy another instructional in 2019. I've already broken that promise a bunch of times this month what with father's day and a birthday (I pretended that if my kid was a bit older and knew my PayPal password then this is what he'd be buying me) but they've all been sets that deal either with strengths, weaknesses, or both in my overall game. 

This set is a bit of a puzzler; AFAIK I've never played rdlr in my life but my whole game is half variations, dlr and a tiny bit of slx, so on the other hand maybe rdlr is a missing piece of the puzzle. 

Hmmmmmmmm. 

1 day ago
1/9/18

What do you do when they force knee slide while playing DLR?  

1 day ago
2/9/09
purplehaze -

What do you do when they force knee slide while playing DLR?  

You go to RDLR. But Im liking RDLR more than DLR at this stage. Will look into it

1 day ago
1/9/18

Ha .yeah I know to go to RDLR. I was asking vidavaletudo. He says he plays DLR and Half, but has never been to RDLR.  It is almost mandatory IMO if playing DLR.

1 day ago
9/12/06
purplehaze -

Ha .yeah I know to go to RDLR. I was asking vidavaletudo. He says he plays DLR and Half, but has never been to RDLR.  It is almost mandatory IMO if playing DLR.

If they stuff my leg and try to knee slide I'll plant my dlr foot on the ground, kick them in the butt with my "stuffed" foot and either take slx or deep half from there. 

7 hours ago
10/14/03
vidavaletudo - 

I promised myself at the end of 2017 that I'd only buy another instructional in 2019. I've already broken that promise a bunch of times this month what with father's day and a birthday (I pretended that if my kid was a bit older and knew my PayPal password then this is what he'd be buying me) but they've all been sets that deal either with strengths, weaknesses, or both in my overall game. 

This set is a bit of a puzzler; AFAIK I've never played rdlr in my life but my whole game is half variations, dlr and a tiny bit of slx, so on the other hand maybe rdlr is a missing piece of the puzzle. 

Hmmmmmmmm. 

I'm glad to know someone else is breaking their promises to buy less instructional stuff :)
7 hours ago
5/17/13
falsecrack - applicable no gi? or gi dependent?

He shows both, Im pretty sure he trains both 50/50....