David Jacobs' BJJGround Most disliked Gracie?

9/26/15 7:04 PM
1/1/01
Who is your most disliked Gracie and why? For me it's Rorion for suing his own family and try to control the family being a midlevel(in rank) black belt, also the lies about Carlos Sr. Although Helio and Carlos told a few whoppers themselves.
9/26/15 8:28 PM
3/15/15
I have met Rorion 3 times and all 3 times he was a perfect gentleman, friendly, and helpful. From what i remember, it was HE tat got sued by Carley, so he counter-sued. There are always family politics in large families, especially one from macho Brazilian cultures.

I can't say I hate any of them, but for me Royce was most disappointing a few years ago. I excitedly mentioned to him that I had met him 20 years prior. And he was, as he was signing photos, oh yeah...next. Never trained with him again, nor will I ever.
9/26/15 9:12 PM
5/11/12
Royce
Ralek
Does Cesar count? Phone Post 3.0
9/26/15 9:15 PM
11/11/11
Yeah I heard rorion got sued by Carley first. I don't condone all of rorion's stuff but well that's what happens in business and he's always been a shrewd businessman. Phone Post 3.0
9/26/15 9:37 PM
2/28/03
Reyson Phone Post 3.0
9/26/15 9:47 PM
11/13/09
Royce in the last few years for being a bitter out of touch dude. Ralek for essentially using Metamoris to troll for money/credit cards
9/26/15 10:03 PM
1/1/01
checkuroil - Reyson Phone Post 3.0

Relyson?
9/26/15 11:43 PM
3/15/11
royce for sure. have met him 3 times (twice unintentionally) and he seemed like a dick every time and thats not including all the stupid shit hes said out loud to the press. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/15 12:12 AM
1/1/01
Ralek, for "G in a Gi". Never forget.
9/27/15 12:39 AM
2/8/11
That Herpes Gracie had few friends.
9/27/15 1:15 AM
8/7/08
onyx2002 - Royce in the last few years for being a bitter out of touch dude. Ralek for essentially using Metamoris to troll for money/credit cards
I can't even stand hearing this. So far... It's basically "rorion and royce..." More or less, the two faces of BJJ in America! (Don't get all nuts yet... Keep reading).

Rorion risked the family reputation and started the ufc specifically to show how badass BJJ is to the world. Did they pick rickson to hepresent?! No. They chose the skinny guy to prove a point. He could've blown everything....

But he didn't. And he fought like a fucking warrior. I got my blue from Royce and am still not a big fan of his personality, politeness, whatever... But I would never hate on him or Rorion for the simple reason of, "if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have walked into a jiu Jitsu academy."

I thank Relson for keeping me there after 14 years. You fucks... Have some appreciation for history and achievements. Stop bitching because they never said "how was your day? Oh that's wonderful! It is MY absolute pleasure to meet you," etc. this isn't grade school. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/15 1:21 AM
3/15/11
The Professional -
onyx2002 - Royce in the last few years for being a bitter out of touch dude. Ralek for essentially using Metamoris to troll for money/credit cards
I can't even stand hearing this. So far... It's basically "rorion and royce..." More or less, the two faces of BJJ in America! (Don't get all nuts yet... Keep reading).

Rorion risked the family reputation and started the ufc specifically to show how badass BJJ is to the world. Did they pick rickson to hepresent?! No. They chose the skinny guy to prove a point. He could've blown everything....

But he didn't. And he fought like a fucking warrior. I got my blue from Royce and am still not a big fan of his personality, politeness, whatever... But I would never hate on him or Rorion for the simple reason of, "if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have walked into a jiu Jitsu academy."

I thank Relson for keeping me there after 14 years. You fucks... Have some appreciation for history and achievements. Stop bitching because they never said "how was your day? Oh that's wonderful! It is MY absolute pleasure to meet you," etc. this isn't grade school. Phone Post 3.0
this thread is specifically to bitch about people. its called most disliked gracies. if you dont wanna participate and it bothers you that much then leave. dont tell me you came in here expecting people not to mention rorion and royce. people know what they did for the sport. doesnt change the fact that they have the capacity to be dicks or be disliked. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/15 1:48 AM
1/1/01
I've meet Rorion twice and been to the Gracie Academy 2 times and Rorion was awesome personally and I should of said registered the name GJJ so no other family could use it then Carley sued him. Renzo was the nicest by far then Rener & Ryron. I use to talk to Reylson when he had the school in Florida before Las Vegas, super nice guy but shady on business/rank so it seems.
9/27/15 2:20 AM
9/10/12

I like em all.

If I had to pick, it would be Ralek.

9/27/15 5:18 AM
5/7/06
Reyson is cool by all accounts. It's Reylson that's the weirdo. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/15 5:48 AM
4/11/14
Ralek for sure. No real cred in BJJ except a street fight video and an mma fight against a decrepit shadow of Sakuraba. Scam artist, awful business practices, ginagi, and the backpack. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/15 6:00 AM
10/27/03
It was Helio himself that said, "everyone eats off Rorian's table" Phone Post 3.0
9/27/15 6:59 AM
2/15/14
The Professional - 

Relson is a questionable character.

I was on vacation in Hawaii a few years back and I had met Relson. He seemed real nice and cool. That image was shattered quickly

I went to a local MMA show where Baret Yoshida, a former student of his fought Jeff Curran, whom Relson cornered. Jeff KO'd Baret with a punch. Relson climbed up into the ring, took a camera out and started taking pictures of his unconscious body while pointing and laughing at him as he lay unconscious. Yea, my opinion of him changed forever as well as my respect for him
9/27/15 1:41 PM
11/11/11
Rener. I'm shocked at how no one has mentioned him Phone Post 3.0
9/27/15 2:00 PM
9/10/12
TheBearStare - Rener. I'm shocked at how no one has mentioned him Phone Post 3.0

nah Rener is cool

9/27/15 2:11 PM
3/15/11
ugh that baret relson story annoys the shit outta me. baret is such a nice dude. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/15 3:56 PM
5/15/03
I have only met Royce and Cesar. I know Cesar and have only met Royce in a , shake hands and chit chat about nothing of pertinence, situation. Both are awesome. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/15 3:57 PM
5/15/03
Scratch that Rener and Rorion are awesome too. Forgot I shared a UFC locker room with Rener. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/15 4:09 PM
5/15/03
Goddamn I'm retarded today. Comes from too many naps on Sunday. Renzo is the most gentlemanly of all. Phone Post 3.0
Edited: 9/27/15 5:08 PM
11/11/11
If you are a close friend, have some beneficial connection, or someone famous Rener treats you way different. otherwise Rener talks down to you as a fan or as a mark that needs to be sold on a product.