David Jacobs' BJJGround Sink Swim presents a JT Torres mini profile.

21 days ago
5/15/09

I shot this in December 2017 after a seminar at David "The Rock" Jacobs Jiu Jitsu Academy in Vienna, Virginia. I shelved it for a long time, but decided to go ahead and finish it up and publish it. Check it out and enjoy.

https://www.sinkswimjiujitsu.com/jt-torres-12102017

21 days ago
7/30/10

In

18 days ago
11/10/05

cool... thanks.

18 days ago
5/15/09

Up for one of the mentally strongest/most positive grapplers out there competing

18 days ago
4/26/13

Sub 

17 days ago
11/10/05

I respect his take on the loss to kron in adcc. It's a tough thing to instil in kids. It's great to have elite guys and videos of them setting this example

17 days ago
5/17/13

JTs academy is about an hour from me, back when it was being built he would come in and train with us all the time. 1) He’s a super nice guy off the mats 2) He’s a monster on them, its unreal just how good he is. 

15 days ago
5/15/09
Meatgrinder -

I respect his take on the loss to kron in adcc. It's a tough thing to instil in kids. It's great to have elite guys and videos of them setting this example

Thats what I was trying to get across more or less when cutting it together. It was a small part of the intervierw but struck a chord with me. I was just hoping it didn't seem too out of place in the context of the video given that I had very little b-roll to work with (hence why it was shelved for so long- wanted to make it to Essential before publishing it but never got the chance due to life stuff)

15 days ago
5/15/09
GaspareBJJ -

JTs academy is about an hour from me, back when it was being built he would come in and train with us all the time. 1) He’s a super nice guy off the mats 2) He’s a monster on them, its unreal just how good he is. 

I felt the same way. I was mentally prepared for him to be maybe a little cocky or high on himself, because that's been my experience with some prolific grapplers in the past that I've worked with and interviewed. He couldn't have been kinder, more accommodating or down for whatever I had in mind as far as shooting and interviewing him. Just a genuinely awesome guy.

14 days ago
3/7/14

Nice video. I met JT this past weekend at a NAGA tournament. He was very nice and stopped to talk to me for a while. Very approachable and was great to meet him. I saw him play that de la riva/x-guard game years ago and threw it into my game and it's worked great.

2 days ago
5/15/09

Up one last time. It's tough to get people to watch things you make. Haha.