David Jacobs' BJJGround What is a fair price for your team rashguard

25 days ago
2/28/03

In American dollars 

what would be a price you would want to pay

25 days ago
2/8/08
Assuming its long sleeve, decent quality, and the print isn't awful...about 40-50? Rash guards are expensive and if its supporting the school, you have to expect about 10$ mark up.

Anything less, and I'm gonna think its a cheap rash guard and waste of money, and anything more I would feel ripped off.

This is without looking at anything, and just off the top of my head. So, maybe Im way off?

25 days ago
5/30/03

Depends..if it's branded with a top brand (A&P/SYR), it can push max at 65-70.  If it is just your team, I think $60 is tops.  Most people are willing to pay $50.  

25 days ago
8/28/10

10 years ago in Hawaii I believe I paid 25 and bought probably 3 or 4 of them with each time they released them

25 days ago
11/13/09

I would shoot for $60 and maybe do two for $100

25 days ago
2/8/08
Send me one, and ill write a sweet review on a random blog that no one will ever read.
25 days ago
7/10/09

40-50 is what I would expect to pay and probably purchase 2.  More than that and I might buy 1.  Less and I would buy several.

25 days ago
9/10/13

Ours were $60, told they were compulsory, and then changed to optional after the orders. Don’t do that shit. 

25 days ago
3/18/02

50-60

25 days ago
6/28/11

$40-$50 if a top quality rash guard. Tho I wouldn't be upset if a mark up depending on sleeve length

25 days ago
6/2/05

I think it would be great if they were $30

25 days ago
2/28/03
GB Dave Jr -

I think it would be great if they were $30

That’s our cost 

25 days ago
1/1/01

I just paid like $50 for a long sleeve gym rash guard 

24 days ago
5/17/13

$50 for something high quality 

24 days ago
1/14/08
I am literally ordering some right this minute for my small school. I got the mock ups yesterday and am presenting them to the members tonight.

These are custom long sleeves, with school logo on front and small association logo on back. my cost is $37 dollars each. Selling them on pre-order fo $40. $55 later.

This is my first foray into this, and had no idea what to charge, so i chose a price I thought was fair, then tried to find a rashguard that fit in the spot.

Chango
24 days ago
2/28/03

I can get that price down of you order a thousand dollars worth 

24 days ago
5/30/03
ChangoBravo - I am literally ordering some right this minute for my small school. I got the mock ups yesterday and am presenting them to the members tonight.

These are custom long sleeves, with school logo on front and small association logo on back. my cost is $37 dollars each. Selling them on pre-order fo $40. $55 later.

This is my first foray into this, and had no idea what to charge, so i chose a price I thought was fair, then tried to find a rashguard that fit in the spot.

Chango

You're selling pre-order on a 10% markup?  

Grand Opening

Grand Closing 

24 days ago
8/17/08

$40 for long or short sleeve rashies preordered.  we are a gym not a habadashery.  

24 days ago
11/25/09
The Maestro -
ChangoBravo - I am literally ordering some right this minute for my small school. I got the mock ups yesterday and am presenting them to the members tonight.

Chango

Grand Opening

Grand Closing 

This. You’re basically wasting your time/effort.

24 days ago
11/25/09

$50 for short sleeve

$60 for long sleeve

Edited: 24 days ago
8/15/07
BTTMike - 
The Maestro -

Chango

Grand Opening

Grand Closing 

This. You're basically wasting your time/effort.

The point is get your brand out there and have your members rep the team logo. Not so much to make money. Like the one poster said it's a gym, not a haberdashery. It's one thing if you're marketing your rash guards to the world and expecting to make some cash. It's another to use gym members as a built-in, guaranteed market and expect to profit off of them. It's even worse if you make buying a rash guard is a membership requirement.
23 days ago
6/2/05

If I could buy team/school/gym rashguards for $30, I would probably buy multiples on a routine basis. One for every day of training and then need to only do laundry at the end of the week (6 training days).

23 days ago
5/30/03
Soul Gravy -
BTTMike - 
The Maestro -

Chango

Grand Opening

Grand Closing 

This. You're basically wasting your time/effort.

The point is get your brand out there and have your members rep the team logo. Not so much to make money. Like the one poster said it's a gym, not a haberdashery. It's one thing if you're marketing your rash guards to the world and expecting to make some cash. It's another to use gym members as a built-in, guaranteed market and expect to profit off of them. It's even worse if you make buying a rash guard is a membership requirement.

Get your brand out there?  It's a Ribeiro affiliate! The brand is out there!  You want him to risk inventory costs and upfront capital to build a brand he doesn't own? Lol

You'd go under in less than 6 months. 

Edited: 23 days ago
7/28/02
BTTMike -
The Maestro -

Chango

Grand Opening

Grand Closing 

This. You’re basically wasting your time/effort.

21 days ago
1/1/01

$40 for a good quality one