GamerGround Apex Legends

2/22/19 9:52 AM
6/8/10

If you haven’t checked this game out, you need to. Free to play Battle Royale game. I’m not a huge fan of the BR genre but holy shit this game is amazing. I was looking for something to hold me over until The Division 2 launches but this is going to stay in my game rotation for a very long time. 

2/22/19 4:34 PM
7/7/11

I concur - it’s a fun one!

2/22/19 7:20 PM
12/5/17

I’m level 6 — have not gotten a single kill

2/22/19 7:38 PM
8/20/09

Game is fucking great, hard tho

2/22/19 9:57 PM
6/8/10

I hated it for probably the first 5 or 6 games but once it clicked, I’ve started getting kills left and right and really started enjoying the game. Just play super aggressive until you learn what weapons you like, the more aggressive I played the better I started doing. We’re winning 1 or 2 games every 2-3 hours, obviously is helps to have others to play with. If anyone is on Xbox, add me: TW Sauce, we usually have a full group but sometimes need a 3rd. 

2/27/19 9:38 AM
3/5/14

Game is fun, but its kind of annoying to me because its super competitive and you have to sink a shitload of time into it to get better.  I've played many FPS's and even when you start off bad in COD or Battlefield for example, you can quickly get back into combat within a minute or two and pick the game up quickly. Because its a battle royal game, you many times just get knocked almost instantly when combat starts and if your squad is wiped, it might take you another 20-30 minutes of starting a new game, landing, looting and moving to actually get into another fire fight. 

It feels like its just not worth my limited free time to play this game over others that respect my time more.  Its legit one of the most polished free games and probaby the best battle royal game out there right now, but fuck spending 15-20 hours just trying to get to the point of knowing how the guns handle and becoming competent in combat.

2/27/19 12:23 PM
2/6/11
Hurtsogood -

Game is fun, but its kind of annoying to me because its super competitive and you have to sink a shitload of time into it to get better.  I've played many FPS's and even when you start off bad in COD or Battlefield for example, you can quickly get back into combat within a minute or two and pick the game up quickly. Because its a battle royal game, you many times just get knocked almost instantly when combat starts and if your squad is wiped, it might take you another 20-30 minutes of starting a new game, landing, looting and moving to actually get into another fire fight. 

It feels like its just not worth my limited free time to play this game over others that respect my time more.  Its legit one of the most polished free games and probaby the best battle royal game out there right now, but fuck spending 15-20 hours just trying to get to the point of knowing how the guns handle and becoming competent in combat.

Thid sums up the game perfectly. 

2/27/19 1:21 PM
3/5/14
The Ghost of Eatonbeever -
Hurtsogood -

Thid sums up the game perfectly. 

I've had some really fun matches with a couple buddies when we actually wipe out a few squads and finish in the top 2-4 teams and those games were really enjoyable, but man, I've had serious runs of 5 or 6 straight games where I die in the first firefight and barely even get to return fire or do anything.  That's easily an hour of playing a game and doing nothing worthwhile.  Maybe if I was 15 and had zero other responsibilities I could GET GUD and get into it,  but I find that if I start playing and get killed right away in the first couple games I just lose all interest.  I'd rather play something else. 

2/28/19 12:15 PM
9/15/07
T Sauce -

I hated it for probably the first 5 or 6 games but once it clicked, I’ve started getting kills left and right and really started enjoying the game. Just play super aggressive until you learn what weapons you like, the more aggressive I played the better I started doing. We’re winning 1 or 2 games every 2-3 hours, obviously is helps to have others to play with. If anyone is on Xbox, add me: TW Sauce, we usually have a full group but sometimes need a 3rd. 

This is what happened for me. Trying to play tactically was getting me killed quickly by guys just going balls out. Once I just said "fuck it" and started just going for kills I started getting 3+ kills a game and finishing top 3 in squads.

2/28/19 1:30 PM
6/8/10
kabukimono -
T Sauce -

This is what happened for me. Trying to play tactically was getting me killed quickly by guys just going balls out. Once I just said "fuck it" and started just going for kills I started getting 3+ kills a game and finishing top 3 in squads.

Luckily the buddy I always play with is really good so I can play hyper aggressive and if I can get 1 knockdown he can usually come in and clean them up. My absolute favorite thing in the game is getting down to that last squad, launching a smoke at them and then rush in with a peacemaker with the digital sight and just destroying them. 

Edited: 3/7/19 7:02 PM
11/23/05

I’ve been playing on ps4, not close to being good but at least halfway competent. It’s amazing for a free game (I would’ve bought if it wasn’t free, it’s better than a bunch of games I’ve bought, looking at you For Honor!) ...

3/28/19 3:57 PM
12/30/03

Xbox GT: Creed Was Ok 

I'm not bad at all. I got better by only landing dropship or the hot zone for about a week. I'd rather die right away than loot for twenty minutes and get shot in the back in my first firefight then die.  Like all battle royale games, this is really the quickest way to improve. You're going to end up in 10x more fights than if you try to learn the game while still trying to win by avoiding conflict. 

Even now, I play to fight every single group I come across. Third party every firefight I hear near me until its down to the last 3 squads. At that point, I try to let the other two fight for a bit then jump the winner while they are all hurt. 

5/21/19 8:33 PM
1/30/13

Anyone still playing this one? I love it! I'm an average player so it's nice to get carried by good teammates every now and then.

Not sure how much fun it's for them haha. :) 

Anyway I like the concept more compared to single player versions and been playing this when I have free time to relax. 

6/10/19 3:44 PM
11/8/09

I like the top 5 thing. It’s hard to get over 3 top five finishes in a row. Geez. 

6/11/19 6:56 AM
1/30/13
King Trav -

I like the top 5 thing. It’s hard to get over 3 top five finishes in a row. Geez. 

It is! I've managed to get two so far. Seems like they are now bringing some improvements to the game finally. Season 2 soon as well? 

6/11/19 10:01 AM
11/8/09

I watched a video about the new character, Watson. She looks pretty fun. She’ll be good to team with caustic for the campers. 

6/11/19 8:20 PM
1/30/13
King Trav -

I watched a video about the new character, Watson. She looks pretty fun. She’ll be good to team with caustic for the campers. 

Yeah, interesting skills. I usually play with wraith even though she doesn't have the best skills but I kinda like the passive skill.

My Xbox gamer tag is soshje if someone wants to play some day. 

Edited: 6/22/19 9:13 PM
1/9/18

Anyone hunting flyers?  I try and drop so I can cap one straight away.   

I felt the 1st season started to get a little boring, but my skills got much better during the grind.  I'm looking forward to season 2!   

This is the only game my heart starts racing and my palms sweat while playing.  

6/22/19 9:40 PM
11/8/09

I haven’t dropped one yet. I didn’t know you could. 

7/3/19 10:50 AM
11/8/09

Season 2 is pretty cool. The map changes are fun and the alternator is a beast now with the disruptor rounds. 

7/9/19 10:40 AM
11/8/09

Who would've ever thought the alternator and the p2020 would be the best guns in the game...?

22 days ago
11/8/09

New season with a new map and character comes out tomorrow. 

12 days ago
1/30/13

I like the new map! Lot of action. I still suck haha. ??

11 days ago
11/8/09

Yeah. The new map is fun. Found a key to open one of those loot rooms last night. That was pretty sweet. There’s a Halloween themed event starting soon. That’ll be cool.