4/8/19 10:04 PM
1/25/04

?

4/8/19 11:11 PM
2/25/06

Ya. Forum is pretty dead these days. 

4/9/19 1:54 PM
4/7/19
I still like forums but seems most people have moved to social media and things like reddit
4/10/19 9:01 PM
2/25/06

Soooo, what everyone is saying is, yes, this forum is dead. 

4/12/19 2:52 PM
8/19/12
Smirk -

I havent actually 100%'ed a game in years.  They all suck and dont hold my attention anymore.  The current generation ruined gaming as well as developers trying to make games that appeal to everyone instead of a loyal hardcore base of players.  A perfect example is what they did to the Fallout franchise.  

Yep, and battlefield. 

4/12/19 4:12 PM
6/4/10
TheHaunted2 -
Smirk -

I havent actually 100%'ed a game in years.  They all suck and dont hold my attention anymore.  The current generation ruined gaming as well as developers trying to make games that appeal to everyone instead of a loyal hardcore base of players.  A perfect example is what they did to the Fallout franchise.  

Yep, and battlefield. 

I'm 88% on res evil 2 remake, I want to 100% it so badly but I played it almost every day for too long and burnt out... It's nowhere near as bad as you guys are making out. Granted, all the old guard big devs have fallen very far from grace, but there are still good games.

4/13/19 6:08 PM
8/20/09

Division2  is great,  dangerous driving is real fun too

4/14/19 5:01 PM
3/6/14

aprt from overwatch then apex I haven't enjoyed a game release in ages  I've bought a bunch but gve up halfway through them.

4/15/19 10:15 AM
1/1/01

There are so many good games right now that I can't keep up with them all.

Forum is dead because there was so many trolls and shit posters here for years. No one wants to have console wars or come in to a thread where the same guy shows up every other day to say a game sucks. There are other places to discuss games where that shit isn't allowed or just doesn't happen.

4/15/19 1:59 PM
3/5/14
Smirk -

LOL.  This is currrently the golden age of gaming.  There has never been a time with more excellent games coming out at a faster pace.   Every amazing game that has ever been made still exists and can be played any time and the amount of fantastic new indies and AAA games that are of an extremely high quality is crazy right now.

People who say this kind of crap are hilarious to me.  If this is how you feel about the industry right now, you clearly don't follow it anymore and don't actually play video games at anything more than a casual level.

4/16/19 2:33 PM
11/8/11
cleophus -

Forum is dead because there was so many trolls and shit posters here for years. No one wants to have console wars or come in to a thread where the same guy shows up every other day to say a game sucks. There are other places to discuss games where that shit isn't allowed or just doesn't happen.

I'm sure Redeye will be back for the nextgen console war and isn't Akron still around to say every game sucks asshole?

4/16/19 3:35 PM
3/5/14
Eisenberg -
cleophus -

I'm sure Redeye will be back for the nextgen console war and isn't Akron still around to say every game sucks asshole?

Yea, that's his point.  This subforum is dead because there are far more insightful and active places to discuss video games. Not just in general, but specific ones as well.  There's basically a sub reddit for every single new game that gets released to discuss it in detail and larger general sub reddits where people discuss the industry and new games as well.  They are mostly well moderated, which is sometimes a buzzkill, but it gets rid of the dumbasses like you mentioned who offer nothing of substance and just say things like, "Game sucks donkey ballz!"

Akron will randomly start threads here about an upcoming or recently released game, post once saying, "this game sucks," then never return to the thread.

4/16/19 9:45 PM
11/8/11

Yeah. I look at the ''Games'' subreddit pretty often now, but it was nice when this forum was more active. There is no sense of community on reddit, it's too big.

4/18/19 12:27 PM
8/10/11

I just havent gotten sucked into a game recently. Spent like 30 minutes last night scrolling games I have to play and none of them gave me a sense of want to. 

4/26/19 11:31 PM
1/1/01

We have an OG/GG discord that a lot of us are on. 

4/30/19 8:48 AM
2/8/07
Hurtsogood - 
Smirk -

LOL.  This is currrently the golden age of gaming.  There has never been a time with more excellent games coming out at a faster pace.   Every amazing game that has ever been made still exists and can be played any time and the amount of fantastic new indies and AAA games that are of an extremely high quality is crazy right now.

People who say this kind of crap are hilarious to me.  If this is how you feel about the industry right now, you clearly don't follow it anymore and don't actually play video games at anything more than a casual level.

Golden Age? I'd like to see your list of GOLDEN AGE games, instead of just seeing you make the statement and talk shit about people who are sick of playing the same fucking reskinned games over, and over, since 2006.
4/30/19 12:16 PM
3/5/14
Harlow's Rhesus -
Hurtsogood - 
Smirk -

Golden Age? I'd like to see your list of GOLDEN AGE games, instead of just seeing you make the statement and talk shit about people who are sick of playing the same fucking reskinned games over, and over, since 2006.

I legit listed out over 50 games in about 8 minutes and then accidently closed my stupid window on my computer.  Its insane how many great games I came up with that fast.  If you don't like playing games anymore that's more of a personal problem than a problem with the gaming industry.

4/30/19 12:43 PM
1/25/04
Hurtsogood -
Harlow's Rhesus -
Hurtsogood - 
Smirk -

I legit listed out over 50 games in about 8 minutes and then accidently closed my stupid window on my computer.  Its insane how many great games I came up with that fast.  If you don't like playing games anymore that's more of a personal problem than a problem with the gaming industry.

You just listed games you like to play. That does not mean we are in the “golden age” of gaming. 

For those who spend all day playing video games year after year after year, we’re always in the “golden age” of gaming. 

4/30/19 1:02 PM
3/5/14
Jack Carter -
Hurtsogood -
Harlow's Rhesus -
Hurtsogood - 
Smirk -

You just listed games you like to play. That does not mean we are in the “golden age” of gaming. 

For those who spend all day playing video games year after year after year, we’re always in the “golden age” of gaming. 

No, not at all, I had maybe played 40%  of the games listed before I accidently deleted them all.  It was a list of beloved games since about 2009 ranging from big AAA games to well reviewed indies and everything in between.

What exactly would you consider superior about any other era of games considering you can still play essentially every game that's ever existed right now?

What era of games do you consider to have more fantastic games come out in a shorter period of time?  I'm not talking about 1 year that had amazing classics, I'm talking about an entire generation of quality games that trump today's releases and output?

4/30/19 1:08 PM
3/5/14

Shit, 2018 alone had:

Monster Hunter World

Smash Bros Ultimate

Celeste

Into the Breach

Subnautica

Octopath Traveler

God of War

Spiderman

Red Dead Redemption 2

Moonlighter

Donut County

Gris

Dead Cells

Sea of Theives

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Just to name a few.  I haven't even played half of those.

4/30/19 1:28 PM
3/5/14

Honestly, maybe we should turn this thread into a recomendation thread for recent gems of games that maybe weren't well known to a lot of people.  Might be more useful for some of you guys looking for games that you find different and interesting.

4/30/19 9:24 PM
10/8/07

I'm thinking about picking up Mordhau. Looks a lot like Chivalry with 64 player medieval battles.

5/1/19 9:14 AM
3/5/14
The Destroyer88 -

I'm thinking about picking up Mordhau. Looks a lot like Chivalry with 64 player medieval battles.

Oh man, that game looks interesting.  I always thought about getting Chivalry, but I guy I know said it was really unbalanced and had issues that took away from the potential. 

5/1/19 10:21 AM
11/8/11
Hurtsogood -
The Destroyer88 -

Oh man, that game looks interesting.  I always thought about getting Chivalry, but I guy I know said it was really unbalanced and had issues that took away from the potential. 

Chivalry was fun for like 10 hours, then you realize how bullshit it is. This type of game has a lot of potential but nobody has been able to do it right yet. Maybe Mordhau is the one?

5/1/19 10:22 AM
3/5/14
Eisenberg -
Hurtsogood -
The Destroyer88 -

Chivalry was fun for like 10 hours, then you realize how bullshit it is. This type of game has a lot of potential but nobody has been able to do it right yet. Maybe Mordhau is the one?

I might end up checking it out.