GamerGround Let’s talk WoW Classic

11/15/18 1:24 PM
5/13/02

I likely in for this shitfest this summer and I don’t remember a lot about vanilla anymore except I sucked at warrior just to find out later how awesome PvP was on a shaman dropping wind fury and following the warriors around as resto/elem.

Was warlock a drain tanker like in Lich King? I came to love that class later but bailed after they took away mana drain.

Druid was fun but I think priest is probably the better healer option.

Anyone planning on putting on the rose colored glasses this summer for a few months before unsubscribing again?

11/16/18 2:04 AM
1/7/09

Its possibly the best game of all time. Undead rogue ftw

11/16/18 9:23 AM
5/13/02

Dangerboy - if you’re out there, how was lock in vanilla? SL/SL was tbc right?

11/16/18 10:16 PM
7/22/05
11/16/18 10:17 PM
2/25/06

11/17/18 1:48 AM
5/13/02
Yeah...that video and pic above got me to thinking...

I'm definitely rolling a priest!
11/19/18 1:32 PM
10/24/11

I can’t wait for this and am planning on using some PTO to crack out during launch. Im Leaning towards UD mage at the moment but I’m not sure yet. 

For the horde!

11/20/18 9:22 AM
5/13/02

Nice, mage fits in everywhere. I checked out a private server Lightshope and went through the whole “ohhhh, right I forgot about that” thing for all of the classes I considered.  The tough part for priest is having to constantly find better wands, so I think grouping is the only way to fly. Warriors are very popular so I’ll find one and healbot, or just deal with wand grinding because shadow is pretty good leveling.  

Its been fun to actually group up with peops and quest plus everyone is running by throwing buffs and some save your ass as your dazed running away from the extra mob you aggrod 

graphics aren’t as crisp though

11/20/18 12:00 PM
10/21/14
i played on Kronos III for a bit to prep for Classic. Quite an experience to go back to that. It's fun, but there is no hand holding. Even questing level 1-10 you have to be careful on your pulls of just mobs out in the world. One murloc is ok, two i can maybe handle, three murlocs and i'm running. You definetly have to pay attention compared to levelling in today's WoW.

stopped playing though as i realised it would take 6-7 months to hit level 60 and don't want to start all over when Classic comes out.
11/20/18 4:54 PM
5/13/02

Classic debut slots are going from 2 to 16, so I wonder how that changes raid spots

11/21/18 2:27 AM
10/24/11
theseanster -

Classic debut slots are going from 2 to 16, so I wonder how that changes raid spots

8 to 16. I am curious as well. It should give mlre

variety of specs/classes but I wonder if they’ll buff the raids 

11/21/18 5:16 PM
5/13/02

Oops yeah sorry meant double, not sure

11/24/18 4:53 PM
1/1/01
Lock in vanilla was all over the place.

Inpve I think you sacrificed your succubus and took the double crit damage talent in destro to do monster shadow bolts.

In pvp i liked plain affliction dot kiting. The other cool thing to do was the searing pain talent and spam searing pain.

Then you could do cool stuff with soul link.

It was very fun. I didn't raid, but the raid spec was the sacrifice ruin spec. PvP you could basically do whatever you wanted with the succubus out. There wasn't any diminishing returns on CC.
11/24/18 6:42 PM
1/1/01

And the coolest part about Warlock is how easy it was to level compared to ther classes. Once you had instant corruption, fear, and a decent wand, you were killing as many mobs at once as you could. Fast.

I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but in vanilla two mobs your level would be all most classes could handle. Then you had to eat or drink. Warlock could take on 4 or 5, lifetap, then drain life lol.

11/26/18 6:59 PM
6/6/17

You go Priest seanster, I'm bringing the droood back.  They were weak as hell in vanilla, but I don't give a fuk.  

11/26/18 8:11 PM
1/1/01

I say we all do druids and locks. They work good together.

11/27/18 10:15 AM
5/13/02
dangerboy12 -

And the coolest part about Warlock is how easy it was to level compared to ther classes. Once you had instant corruption, fear, and a decent wand, you were killing as many mobs at once as you could. Fast.

I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but in vanilla two mobs your level would be all most classes could handle. Then you had to eat or drink. Warlock could take on 4 or 5, lifetap, then drain life lol.

No, it’s a big deal. I just tried one on Lights Hope and it’s imp at level 2 and kill kill kill. Druid did 15 levels of moonfire, hit with staff for 30 sec, rejuv, repeat...to moonfire, bear form, mail, repeat. Very sloooooooow.

Miss, Parry, resisted, lol. Still fun but very grindy 

11/27/18 10:39 AM
5/13/02
Homeslice -

You go Priest seanster, I'm bringing the droood back.  They were weak as hell in vanilla, but I don't give a fuk.  

Yeah without powershifting and lag I can Druid. The only upside is tanking and healing when you level but nobody really wants a Druid healer at least on Lights Hope because you can’t rez, but brez and intervate is cool and MOTW is best buff in the game.

still priest is easier leveling, Rez, better heals.

funny - wow was my first MMO so I didn’t appreciate Shaman because I didn’t appreciate casting vs melee so I rerolled warrior thinking “hit stuff hard good” and ultimately went back to shaman and got invited to MORE PvP and raids to fill slots. Shamans have so much utility: warrior and rogues love Windfury, mana totems, grasp totem, poison and disease cleanse, Rex, self Rez, interrupt shock, ice shock to kite with, fire weapon with dagger and shield to level.

im either priest or shaman again before I’d ever consider a Druid TBH

11/27/18 11:47 AM
10/21/14
theseanster - 
dangerboy12 -

No, it’s a big deal. I just tried one on Lights Hope and it’s imp at level 2 and kill kill kill. Druid did 15 levels of moonfire, hit with staff for 30 sec, rejuv, repeat...to moonfire, bear form, mail, repeat. Very sloooooooow.

the grind is real. took me a good two nights just to get to level 10. you forget about resists, misses, blocks and having to level up weapon skill. you actually have to use first aid lol. and so much walking hehe. anyways Kronos III is pretty good right now. Stable and high pop as once they announced classic was over 6 months away, I think everyone started a new toon there to wet their 'classic' appetites.
11/27/18 1:36 PM
6/6/17
theseanster - 
Homeslice -

Yeah without powershifting and lag I can Druid. The only upside is tanking and healing when you level but nobody really wants a Druid healer at least on Lights Hope because you can’t rez, but brez and intervate is cool and MOTW is best buff in the game.

funny - wow was my first MMO so I didn’t appreciate Shaman because I didn’t appreciate casting vs melee so I rerolled warrior thinking “hit stuff hard good” and ultimately went back to shaman and got invited to MORE PvP and raids to fill slots. Shamans have so much utility: warrior and rogues love Windfury, mana totems, grasp totem, poison and disease cleanse, Rex, self Rez, interrupt shock, ice shock to kite with, fire weapon with dagger and shield to level.

I hear you.  I remember when I first rolled my druid in the Tauren starting zone.  I asked some question to the entire zone, and someone replied, "The correct answer is to delete your druid and roll a shaman" lol.  Shamans were tits.  But I just couldn't give up the stealth ability for ganking!

I need to look around, but has Blizzard said anything as to how they are going to implement this?  Are they literally going to just go with the latest vanilla patch and let it roll?  Or try and change some stuff up?  What will people do when they have all the best gear?  I would just go ganking lowbies and AFKers over and over and over, but I understand most people don't find that fun.  I would think Blizzard would have to try and keep the never ending treadmill of new gear and what not going.

And, the most important question - will the great Gord and Billy Zane be coming back as sworn eternal enemies of the Angry Lazer Monkeys?  I must have my revenge!

11/27/18 3:45 PM
1/1/01
Gord and Billy Zane must die again
11/27/18 6:22 PM
5/13/02
tumbleweed -
theseanster - 
dangerboy12 -

the grind is real. took me a good two nights just to get to level 10. you forget about resists, misses, blocks and having to level up weapon skill. you actually have to use first aid lol. and so much walking hehe. anyways Kronos III is pretty good right now. Stable and high pop as once they announced classic was over 6 months away, I think everyone started a new toon there to wet their 'classic' appetites.

That’s what I did. There was a whole lot of “oh, yeah I forgot about that” moments for me. Especially getting lost in Orgrimmar of all places...changed A LOT!

Is KRONOS 3 better than Lights Hope? I like Lights Hope, and you can’t beat the price of FREE lol

11/27/18 6:30 PM
5/13/02
Homeslice -
theseanster - 
Homeslice -

I hear you.  I remember when I first rolled my druid in the Tauren starting zone.  I asked some question to the entire zone, and someone replied, "The correct answer is to delete your druid and roll a shaman" lol.  Shamans were tits.  But I just couldn't give up the stealth ability for ganking!

I need to look around, but has Blizzard said anything as to how they are going to implement this?  Are they literally going to just go with the latest vanilla patch and let it roll?  Or try and change some stuff up?  What will people do when they have all the best gear?  I would just go ganking lowbies and AFKers over and over and over, but I understand most people don't find that fun.  I would think Blizzard would have to try and keep the never ending treadmill of new gear and what not going.

And, the most important question - will the great Gord and Billy Zane be coming back as sworn eternal enemies of the Angry Lazer Monkeys?  I must have my revenge!

I’m not sure. Last I heard they are going to try to use the old databases with the new code, so basically all of the polish with the old rule sets.  It sounds like it’s patch 1.12 with extra fixes making it 1.13ish. So they added more slots for debuffs. The old limit put warlocks in a bad spot, so most DPS slots were mages,rogues, and warriors. I’m getting a lot of this info secondhand from raiders on the private vanilla server.

im sure druids a fine class. Squatdog raided to Naxx with one I think. If you like it play it!

for me it’s more of a personal taste thing and I like the Afro dump of fade, rez, etc more than shifting. Stealth is king though for PvP.

11/27/18 6:40 PM
10/21/14
theseanster - 
tumbleweed -
theseanster - 
dangerboy12 -

That’s what I did. There was a whole lot of “oh, yeah I forgot about that” moments for me. Especially getting lost in Orgrimmar of all places...changed A LOT!

Is KRONOS 3 better than Lights Hope? I like Lights Hope, and you can’t beat the price of FREE lol

Kronos 3 is supposedly more stable and while lower population, all the pop are actual people. Light's Hope has a lot of bots from what I have read. Also Light's Hope plans to shut down when Classic comes out while Kronos 3 might move onto TBC. Either way you will probably play Classic anyways so that last part might not matter.
11/27/18 9:12 PM
5/13/02
Yeah I don't really care I guess. Light's Hope people are pretty cool. People actually group up to kill names, chat each other up, throw out buffs and save you from dying as you run dazed away from a mob with 10% HP lol