GamerGround Let’s talk WoW Classic

11/27/18 11:58 PM
10/21/14
theseanster - Yeah I don't really care I guess. Light's Hope people are pretty cool. People actually group up to kill names, chat each other up, throw out buffs and save you from dying as you run dazed away from a mob with 10% HP lol

that's the beauty of vanilla i think. you need people's help. you can't take on a ton of mobs all at once. and forget taking out an elite by yourself lol. should be a good time come June. RHOF.
11/28/18 9:09 AM
5/13/02

Hahahahaha, RHOF

That’s an acronym I’ve not seen in a long time...a long time

11/28/18 5:10 PM
1/1/01

I'm in. I still like current wow, but I reach all the goals I want to reach rather easily. 

I max leveled and near max lvl PvP geared and max trade skill in like 3 weeks last time I played about 8 months ago. I tried completing all old content, getting titles and such, but that didn't hold my interest.

11/28/18 5:12 PM
10/21/14
it will take you 3 weeks to get to level 20 in classic.
11/28/18 10:19 PM
5/13/02
dangerboy12 - 

I'm in. I still like current wow, but I reach all the goals I want to reach rather easily. 

I max leveled and near max lvl PvP geared and max trade skill in like 3 weeks last time I played about 8 months ago. I tried completing all old content, getting titles and such, but that didn't hold my interest.

Install the 1.12 client you can get from a torrent or KRONOS download

Make an account Light's Hope https://lightshope.org/

Roll a character on Northdale (PvP)

FREE

I'd suggest downloading Questie and pfUI and you'll be ready to rock.

I haven't gotten anything past 15 just fucking around but I'll level with you to go ganking
11/28/18 11:01 PM
5/13/02
tumbleweed - it will take you 3 weeks to get to level 20 in classic.

Yeah it's slow. Looking at healers in the early levels it's just so painful to be a druid or paladin, whereas shaman's meh and priest is actually not bad at all especially if you get a wand early and put points into spirit tap and then do wand specialization.

Honestly though, Paladin is THE best PvP healer. Druids a shit healer because everyone just dispels your HoTs. Shaman is pretty fun, I played one, but your heals cost a gazillion mana and you can't cleanse magic like polymorph, etc like a priest or paladin.
11/28/18 11:21 PM
1/1/01
theseanster -
dangerboy12 - 

FREE

I haven't gotten anything past 15 just fucking around but I'll level with you to go ganking

Will do

11/28/18 11:22 PM
1/7/09
tumbleweed - it will take you 3 weeks to get to level 20 in classic.

Stuff like this doesnt bother me. I was never into end game content, so there was no rush. From my perspective, practically every complaint about the game can be resolved just by shifting your focus away from end game content.  The game is fun as hell throughout the leveling process, it only becomes miserable when you turn it into a grindfest. 

Even for pvp, it's way easier to get great items and have a kick ass build at lower levels than it is to try to compete at lvl 60 with all the addicts who will grind endlessly to outgear you. That's just my perspective, I never got the appeal of turning the game into a job and sinking endless not even fun hours into raiding, etc

11/28/18 11:44 PM
5/13/02
turducken - 
tumbleweed - it will take you 3 weeks to get to level 20 in classic.

Stuff like this doesnt bother me. I was never into end game content, so there was no rush. From my perspective, practically every complaint about the game can be resolved just by shifting your focus away from end game content.  The game is fun as hell throughout the leveling process, it only becomes miserable when you turn it into a grindfest. 

Even for pvp, it's way easier to get great items and have a kick ass build at lower levels than it is to try to compete at lvl 60 with all the addicts who will grind endlessly to outgear you. That's just my perspective, I never got the appeal of turning the game into a job and sinking endless not even fun hours into raiding, etc

Yeah I agree. I can get on retail right now and just run into a crowd of 10 mobs, heal once, and then ride off in my chauffeur driven motorcycle. Vanilla is like, hmmm fuck how am I going to do this pull without getting more than 2.
11/28/18 11:49 PM
10/21/14
ya. i am all for it. as turd said, i'm not huge on end game, and that goes double (if not triple) in vanilla. give me a 3 hour AV and some ganking in Hillsbrad and I am a happy camper. as i said, estimates at playing a few hours a night puts level 60 as a 6 month grind. which actually gives your toon a little bit 'importance'. i dare say a level 40 toon in vanilla is more impressive then a level 120 in BfA.
11/29/18 8:33 AM
5/13/02
dangerboy12 -
theseanster -
dangerboy12 - 

FREE

Will do

Sweet! Well I have 4g alliance side and can hook you up with bags and some cloth gear and a wand at 5.

If horse, Im sure Undead lock > all so if you want I can start a UD rogue, UD priest if that’s a good combo for us. Could do Druid too it’s just kinda a pain to shift if there’s any lag

let me know 

11/29/18 8:33 AM
5/13/02

If horse = if HORDE 

11/29/18 12:51 PM
5/13/02
tumbleweed - ya. i am all for it. as turd said, i'm not huge on end game, and that goes double (if not triple) in vanilla. give me a 3 hour AV and some ganking in Hillsbrad and I am a happy camper. as i said, estimates at playing a few hours a night puts level 60 as a 6 month grind. which actually gives your toon a little bit 'importance'. i dare say a level 40 toon in vanilla is more impressive then a level 120 in BfA.

Come roll on Light's Hope!
11/29/18 12:57 PM
10/21/14
theseanster - 
tumbleweed - ya. i am all for it. as turd said, i'm not huge on end game, and that goes double (if not triple) in vanilla. give me a 3 hour AV and some ganking in Hillsbrad and I am a happy camper. as i said, estimates at playing a few hours a night puts level 60 as a 6 month grind. which actually gives your toon a little bit 'importance'. i dare say a level 40 toon in vanilla is more impressive then a level 120 in BfA.

Come roll on Light's Hope!

i gotta pass. i put some good time in on Kronos but realized two things....

1) I really like the Classic gameplay

2) I don't want to level in Classic more then once

Playing on Kronos just confirmed number 1 and made me aware of number 2. So I will just wait till June! Thanks though!
11/29/18 2:52 PM
5/13/02
I totally get it
11/29/18 4:25 PM
1/1/01
theseanster -
dangerboy12 -
theseanster -
dangerboy12 - 

FREE

Will do

Sweet! Well I have 4g alliance side and can hook you up with bags and some cloth gear and a wand at 5.

If horse, Im sure Undead lock > all so if you want I can start a UD rogue, UD priest if that’s a good combo for us. Could do Druid too it’s just kinda a pain to shift if there’s any lag

let me know 

I'll roll a gnome. My first Warlock before I rhof was a gnome.

11/29/18 4:26 PM
1/1/01

But I doubt I need much assistance. I'm a beast at grinding for some reason.

11/29/18 5:21 PM
5/13/02
Yeah...because you're a warlock lol.

OK, you need to add me to your friends list or you can't whisper me.

They don't let you whisper or invite until you have a 15 on the server. You can't talk out loud until you're 10.

Otherwise it just says [Error]

i'll look for you, assuming you're using your name
11/30/18 12:18 AM
1/1/01
11/30/18 9:50 AM
5/13/02

^^^ LMFAO - the final straw pic that got me to buy WoW when I was home sick with the flu

I prob should have read the fucking manual then DemonClown and Jonwell wouldn’t have groaned every time I logged in. “Oh hai gusy wherez the Kranal Fiss shaman quest at I been in the orange zone for 2 hours”

11/30/18 11:43 AM
3/5/14
dangerboy12 -

And the coolest part about Warlock is how easy it was to level compared to ther classes. Once you had instant corruption, fear, and a decent wand, you were killing as many mobs at once as you could. Fast.

I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but in vanilla two mobs your level would be all most classes could handle. Then you had to eat or drink. Warlock could take on 4 or 5, lifetap, then drain life lol.

Dude, I didn't start playing until after the BC expansion came out, but the level grinding even then was pretty rough.  My buddies got me into it and I was an orc warrior.  I had no context so I didn't realize that trying to level solo as a warrior back then was one of the hardest ways to go because without a healer and pretty much no ranged attacks you had to be super careful when pulling mobs and I was constantly running for my life trying to hamstring shit just so I could not die. 

My buddy finally mentioned to me when I was almost to level 60 how funny it was I happened to pick arguably the worst class to level with how tough it was back then.

11/30/18 1:07 PM
1/1/01
theseanster - Yeah...because you're a warlock lol.

OK, you need to add me to your friends list or you can't whisper me.

They don't let you whisper or invite until you have a 15 on the server. You can't talk out loud until you're 10.

Otherwise it just says [Error]

i'll look for you, assuming you're using your name

I'm installing it now. I'll post my name here when I create my guy

11/30/18 2:03 PM
1/1/01
allright im a gnome named Dangierboy

ill be on off and on this weekend
11/30/18 2:06 PM
5/13/02
Hurtsogood -
dangerboy12 -

And the coolest part about Warlock is how easy it was to level compared to ther classes. Once you had instant corruption, fear, and a decent wand, you were killing as many mobs at once as you could. Fast.

I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but in vanilla two mobs your level would be all most classes could handle. Then you had to eat or drink. Warlock could take on 4 or 5, lifetap, then drain life lol.

Dude, I didn't start playing until after the BC expansion came out, but the level grinding even then was pretty rough.  My buddies got me into it and I was an orc warrior.  I had no context so I didn't realize that trying to level solo as a warrior back then was one of the hardest ways to go because without a healer and pretty much no ranged attacks you had to be super careful when pulling mobs and I was constantly running for my life trying to hamstring shit just so I could not die. 

My buddy finally mentioned to me when I was almost to level 60 how funny it was I happened to pick arguably the worst class to level with how tough it was back then.

I had no clue the power of a class like warlock either, just like a caveman:  Ogg like hit with big sword!  All of the MMO veterans knew better, it was my first MMO 

Edited: 12/24/18 5:19 PM
5/13/02
I'll look for you