GamerGround Let’s talk WoW Classic

11/30/18 2:27 PM
3/5/14
theseanster -
Hurtsogood -
dangerboy12 -

And the coolest part about Warlock is how easy it was to level compared to ther classes. Once you had instant corruption, fear, and a decent wand, you were killing as many mobs at once as you could. Fast.

I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but in vanilla two mobs your level would be all most classes could handle. Then you had to eat or drink. Warlock could take on 4 or 5, lifetap, then drain life lol.

Dude, I didn't start playing until after the BC expansion came out, but the level grinding even then was pretty rough.  My buddies got me into it and I was an orc warrior.  I had no context so I didn't realize that trying to level solo as a warrior back then was one of the hardest ways to go because without a healer and pretty much no ranged attacks you had to be super careful when pulling mobs and I was constantly running for my life trying to hamstring shit just so I could not die. 

My buddy finally mentioned to me when I was almost to level 60 how funny it was I happened to pick arguably the worst class to level with how tough it was back then.

I had no clue the power of a class like warlock either, just like a caveman:  Ogg like hit with big sword!  All of the MMO veterans knew better, it was my first MMO 

Oh I had no clue how an MMO even worked when my friends talked me into trying it out.  The only reason I didn't quit immediately was because my roomate had been playing before me and he started a new character to play with me and basically leveled with me for a long time.  Without him telling me where to go, giving me tips and generally protecting me from getting killed every 5 minutes I would have never made it past level 10. 

11/30/18 2:28 PM
3/5/14

I didn't even realize talent points were a thing until around level 15.

11/30/18 3:33 PM
1/1/01
I might consider reactivating my account for the first time in nine years if there's an accelerated start and the major bugs are fixed (catform range bug, ugh).

Early leveling in Vanilla was literally the most bored I've ever been in a video game.
11/30/18 3:38 PM
3/5/14
Squatdog - I might consider reactivating my account for the first time in nine years if there's an accelerated start and the major bugs are fixed (catform range bug, ugh).

Early leveling in Vanilla was literally the most bored I've ever been in a video game.

LOL, but I think that slow grind is the exact reason why most of the people wanting vanilla servers want to play it.

11/30/18 3:55 PM
1/1/01
The early grind was literally the worst part of the game.

I gave up halfway through the free trial and only continued after I forced myself to lvl19 and started to experience world PVP in Ashenvale, then did an epic corpse run to Ironforge and ran VC for the first time.
11/30/18 3:58 PM
3/5/14
Squatdog - The early grind was literally the worst part of the game.

I gave up halfway through the free trial and only continued after I forced myself to lvl19 and started to experience world PVP in Ashenvale, then did an epic corpse run to Ironforge and ran VC for the first time.

Yea, like I said earlier, I would have quit after 25 minutes without my roomate to help me and tell me how the game worked.  I was completely lost at the beginning and thought it was the dumbest game ever.

11/30/18 5:03 PM
1/1/01
I came from a background of playing DiabloII, so I found WoW to be extremely simplistic, slow-paced and tedious, with very little opportunity for character enhancement or using player skill to increase efficiency.

Want to tackle tougher mobs? Tough shit, all your hits will be glancing while they hit for crushing blows.
Edited: 11/30/18 8:02 PM
5/13/02

The leveling is retarded now, which you wouldn’t really do much of anyway because an account starts at max level -10.  You’d probably like doing high level mythics though.  Druid now compared to Druid old is much, much different and all 3 specs are amazing in PvE and terrifying in PvP in the right hands.

11/30/18 9:51 PM
1/1/01
Squatdog - I came from a background of playing DiabloII, so I found WoW to be extremely simplistic, slow-paced and tedious, with very little opportunity for character enhancement or using player skill to increase efficiency.

Want to tackle tougher mobs? Tough shit, all your hits will be glancing while they hit for crushing blows.

I came from everquest. It was much different for me. I was finally able to gain levels and finish quests without needing at least 5 other players working in perfect harmony.

Thus, I liked the leveling.
12/1/18 7:52 AM
5/13/02
Danger and QNine seemed like the two guys in the guild that knew EXACTLY what they were doing in an MMO and picking a class. Everyone else was an undead rogue or a retarded reroller like me lol
12/1/18 8:18 AM
1/1/01
i can see your messages, I just cant respond yet
Edited: 12/1/18 8:24 AM
5/13/02
You have to add me to Friends list. They have it locked down pretty bad until 10 because of gold sellers and 15 before you can invite people NOT on your friends list.

Anyway, just making sure you got the bags and greens I sent. I'll keep an eye out for more cloth
12/3/18 4:18 PM
6/6/17

Man, I'm going to reroll on the Blizzard vanilla server when it comes online and hit it HARD to try and keep up and level with you guys.  I used to get home way too late from work so could never keep up and run with yall.  Not going to roll on any unoffical server, as I worry I will burn myself out leveling before the real leveling starts.

But I'm with danjerboy - I rage quit Everquest after I died in some shitty dungeon and couldn't get to my body to get my loot back and lost everything - leveling in vanilla was grindy but at least mildly enjoyable to me!

Squatdog, you gotta reactivate and come join us!  

Edited: 12/3/18 5:37 PM
1/1/01
A key milestone for me was hitting lvl42...so I could gank people in enemy settlements and kill the guards.

12/4/18 1:48 PM
5/13/02

Leveling is slowing to a crawl for me Homie. I’m 23 and I get gankee into oblivion on my priest. When I do have time alive I’m grinding since my priest is loaded with SP and spirit tap makes it faster leveling. 

45 I’ll go full shadow. When I’m 60 I’m going to yank every motherfucking orc hunter I ever see. Those fags are THE WORST. 

This sever is fucking PACKED too lol

12/4/18 1:50 PM
5/13/02

Classic I’ll consider Druid again but on LH the shifting lag fucks me up bad and I either CANT shift without hitting my keybind multiple times or it lag shits me in and out, I’m OOM, and die.

12/4/18 2:31 PM
1/1/01
My raid UI looked like a NASA control panel:

Damn you, C'Thun!

12/4/18 2:49 PM
5/13/02

There’s a pretty nice one called pfUI that makes the shit a lot more tolerable.

i wouldn’t recommend Lights Hope unless you’re cool with your toon getting whacked when classic comes out. Also you WILL get raped on the reg here, it’s packed and there’s no mercy. Mercy is for the weak. 100x more PvP than any Blizz server ever

12/4/18 4:45 PM
10/21/14
theseanster - 

There’s a pretty nice one called pfUI that makes the shit a lot more tolerable.

i wouldn’t recommend Lights Hope unless you’re cool with your toon getting whacked when classic comes out. Also you WILL get raped on the reg here, it’s packed and there’s no mercy. Mercy is for the weak. 100x more PvP than any Blizz server ever

Kronos III is more chill.
12/5/18 8:05 AM
5/13/02
Meh. Kinda sucks though I wanted to hit 24 this morning and i'm really close but their patch failed

Got the jump on this orc huntard while I was melded, he saw me run into the trees, as soon as he got near I feared, him and his pet go aggro mobs, I got a mind blast, DoT, smit, another blast, he starts shooting back, bubble heal, have to fade to get mobs off me...can't heal through pushback as I'm trying to run to LOS again, die. Dude kills all of the mobs and looks like he's not even dented healthwise. Only 2 levels higher.

Poopcicles :) Nerf hunterz
12/7/18 9:28 AM
5/13/02

Hit 26, priest has been a blast...no pun intended.  Would be hard to choose between lock and priest, but everyone wants to group with heals

12/8/18 11:58 AM
5/13/02
27...so many deaths
Edited: 12/8/18 12:41 PM
1/1/01

I got to 25 a few nights ago. Won't be able to play any this weekend.

The other day the ganking was so bad, I put on underwater breathing and farmed nagas

Edited: 12/8/18 10:53 PM
5/13/02
Just hit 29. I gave up on Ashenvale. Wetlands is the place to be and Duskwood if it's not packed. Look for groups for stockades too. Just healed that and it went really well, got like 5 or so quests done.
12/9/18 12:25 AM
5/13/02
it's really packed here. i'll run to Org on the Lightbringer server and see how it looks. Low pop though, might be ass...