GamerGround Monster Hunter World?

1/18/18 6:56 AM
5/4/11
Anyone on PS4 want to try and tackle this nergigante tomorrow? I'm a LBG main.
1/18/18 9:09 PM
10/8/12

Ps4 Demo is live, I just downloaded and will be checking it out periodically over the weekend.

1/19/18 3:07 AM
6/8/08
DeJa Fu - Anyone on PS4 want to try and tackle this nergigante tomorrow? I'm a LBG main.

We don't need to know your sexual identity to play with you man!

1/19/18 5:23 PM
1/1/01

Git Gud

1/19/18 6:41 PM
5/4/11
Jesus, I just did the solo nergigante quest (I actually expected him to be a lot harder) I had a few carts so wasted time at 12 mins. First try though, not too bad
Edited: 1/19/18 8:32 PM
1/1/01

I'll probably try it later tonight. Not sure what weapon I want to use yet though. Probably try charge blade and switch axe.

Always been an hammer main but I really wasn't feeling it in the beta. Not sure if it feels bad or just not used to the controller. Either way I want to use different weapons in this game. Definitely going to try gunner now because of the changes and not needing separate gear.

edit: hammer main not axe main

1/19/18 8:29 PM
11/11/11
Lol I remember mh4 was my first monster hunter game and it was like 100 hrs in before I really had a grasp of how to use my weapon. Knowing your weapon isnt just knowing the buttons and combos. Its about knowing the timing of your weapon and how to integrate everything during the actual battle.
1/19/18 8:50 PM
1/1/01
TheBearStare - Lol I remember mh4 was my first monster hunter game and it was like 100 hrs in before I really had a grasp of how to use my weapon. Knowing your weapon isnt just knowing the buttons and combos. Its about knowing the timing of your weapon and how to integrate everything during the actual battle.

I've been playing for 10+ years so I have a pretty firm grasp on a lot of the weapons but spent most of the time with hammer or GS. IN World though pretty much every weapon fees good/fun so I feel like using multiple weapons. I might even give HH a try again. I think the only weapon I don't really want to use is the IG.

1/20/18 7:56 PM
6/8/08

Played through the first beginner...

was pretty easy - of course... but I put it down after that. 

Somehow it felt a bit... stupid? I was using intricate hightech sword and shield weapons to ...

.....hit Dinosaurs that were minding their own business until I turned up and started to slam them with swords weighing as much as a car.

I just had to reevaluate my life lol. It just feld retarded. Maybe I'll give the online option a try later. 

1/21/18 2:08 AM
11/11/11
cleophus -
TheBearStare - Lol I remember mh4 was my first monster hunter game and it was like 100 hrs in before I really had a grasp of how to use my weapon. Knowing your weapon isnt just knowing the buttons and combos. Its about knowing the timing of your weapon and how to integrate everything during the actual battle.

I've been playing for 10+ years so I have a pretty firm grasp on a lot of the weapons but spent most of the time with hammer or GS. IN World though pretty much every weapon fees good/fun so I feel like using multiple weapons. I might even give HH a try again. I think the only weapon I don't really want to use is the IG.

My bad! You are a genuine vet. No new weapons in this game right?
1/21/18 11:38 AM
6/8/08

So, any other first time players trying the beta? 

How do you like it? 

1/21/18 1:09 PM
1/1/01
TheBearStare - 
cleophus -

My bad! You are a genuine vet. No new weapons in this game right?

Nope no new weapons

1/21/18 1:17 PM
5/4/11
Tried hunting horn today, got wrecked so bad.
1/22/18 12:09 AM
1/1/01

I failed nergigante :(

Only tried it a couple of times though with different weapons. Almost had him with the switch axe but he decided to be a cunt and one shot me a couple of times lol. Never got around to trying the hammer though. Thought I had more time with the beta but it's already over.

Can't wait until the game is officially out. Really want to spend time and learn all the new shit and actualy figure a good controller setup. QOL changes to the game are definitely welcomed. No more having to search a wiki page for weapon paths and shit.

1/23/18 2:14 AM
4/4/02
DeJa Fu - Tried hunting horn today, got wrecked so bad.
Isn't that more of a support weapon?
1/23/18 4:43 AM
5/4/11
Bad Moon Rising -
DeJa Fu - Tried hunting horn today, got wrecked so bad.
Isn't that more of a support weapon?
Considered to be, and definitely on the lowest end of the DPS spectrum. But I sank about 100 hours in to mh4u with it and it's underrated as a dose weapon in its own right. It's the best substitute as a knockout weapon to the hammer, and is the best weapon in the game at inflicting exhaust.
1/23/18 3:42 PM
12/12/02
Can you chose any weapon straight off the bat, or do you have to unlock them? (not upgrades, just using the thing)
1/23/18 4:04 PM
1/1/01
BaldTony - Can you chose any weapon straight off the bat, or do you have to unlock them? (not upgrades, just using the thing)
Every weapon is unlocked at the beginning of the game.
1/23/18 4:17 PM
12/12/02
thanks
1/25/18 6:05 AM
5/4/11

9.5 from IGN, 39/40 famitsu, I expect a few of the more western game review sites to dip in at the 8/10's though. Lack of major story, steep learning curves are all fair reasons to hold it down. Seems to be getting universal acclaim for its combat and depth though

1/25/18 7:05 AM
6/8/08

Interdasting.

I really really need a game right now, but after the beta, I know it's not for me. I just hate the dinosaur aspect, it makes no sense to club dinosaurs that are peacefully eating grass on a pasture lol.

But a friend just handed me his copy of Persona 5. Another thing I cannot image making sense - but I'll give it a go. The reviews are all jerking each other off, it's crazy. So while you guys break the knees of Ty Rexes, I'll go be a... schoolboy??? wtf.

1/25/18 8:10 AM
4/4/02
Average -

Interdasting.

I really really need a game right now, but after the beta, I know it's not for me. I just hate the dinosaur aspect, it makes no sense to club dinosaurs that are peacefully eating grass on a pasture lol.

But a friend just handed me his copy of Persona 5. Another thing I cannot image making sense - but I'll give it a go. The reviews are all jerking each other off, it's crazy. So while you guys break the knees of Ty Rexes, I'll go be a... schoolboy??? wtf.

Lol you really can't just make up a little of your own lore to bridge the gap?

They are going to use the meat to feed the homeless and stray animals.

You, a badass warrior, want to test yourself and prove yourself as the baddest mother fucker walking the planet.

They may seem peaceful, but they actually kill many innocent villagers every year. By killing them, you are saving the innocent.

They are actually a metaphor for the wild boar problem in the US. Yeah, they may seem peaceful eating that grass... But that grass is actually someone's crops, and dinosaurs ruin $5 billion in agriculture each year.

There's a few freebies. Now go and enjoy that 9.5/10 game. (seriously though, do you not use a spot of your own imagination when something doesn't make sense in a video game, or do you only play games that withstand multiple levels of deep scrutiny and analyzation?)
1/25/18 10:30 AM
2/8/07
Their armor, scales, horns and beyond are valuable ingedients in crafting technology that not only improves your attributes but saves starving children in places where there are no monster hunters, and they roam free destroying villages and munching goats!
1/25/18 11:15 AM
11/11/11
You are hunters from a hunter gatherer tribe! That's why you club the monsters. You then get the gathered materials to make more material to make better equipment.
1/25/18 5:01 PM
8/28/02

Great reviews so far

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/monster-hunter-world/critic-reviews