GamerGround Monster Hunter World?

2/4/18 4:35 PM
9/29/05

Been playing for a couple days and have had trouble getting other hunters to join up.

If you're playing on Xbox, add me if you need help killing a monster:

Tonberry224

2/8/18 3:39 PM
12/12/02
When do you upgrade armour? Still only HR 4 or 5. Do you upgrade armour as you can(currently using the Origins pre-order set), or keep the armor spheres for a later date when you switch to something fancier?
2/8/18 4:25 PM
5/4/11

Just use what you get as you go, the further you get the better upgrade mats you get, the stuff you have now becomes irrelevant

2/8/18 4:35 PM
3/5/14
BaldTony - When do you upgrade armour? Still only HR 4 or 5. Do you upgrade armour as you can(currently using the Origins pre-order set), or keep the armor spheres for a later date when you switch to something fancier?

Yea, you get better armor upgrade things later and need the better ones for the better armor.  Just make armor as you go to fit your style and what you're struggling with. 

2/8/18 6:04 PM
12/12/02
thanks both
2/9/18 11:55 AM
1/1/01

Capcom says that MHW is it's fastest selling game ever.

So glad that the game is doing well but it's confusing to me to see MH "fans" try to downplay it's success. I understand that people are upset that it's not on handheld/Nintendo but I always felt the series needed to leave those behind to fully grow.

2/9/18 3:32 PM
12/12/02
Did anybody manage to collect the 5 Million bonus in game? Supposed to get a lot of free stuff due to it selling so many copies. But it isn't listed under the Redeem Bonus option with your House Cat.
2/9/18 3:47 PM
1/1/01
BaldTony - Did anybody manage to collect the 5 Million bonus in game? Supposed to get a lot of free stuff due to it selling so many copies. But it isn't listed under the Redeem Bonus option with your House Cat.

I think there was a problem with it. They said it is fixed in the latest update and I think that they extended the period to get it.

2/9/18 3:57 PM
3/5/14
cleophus -

Capcom says that MHW is it's fastest selling game ever.

So glad that the game is doing well but it's confusing to me to see MH "fans" try to downplay it's success. I understand that people are upset that it's not on handheld/Nintendo but I always felt the series needed to leave those behind to fully grow.

There's probably a little bitterness because they liked it being on a Nintendo platform and maybe felt their loyalty to the franchise when it was very obscure isn't being rewarded, but I'm personally pumped its selling well on a different platform. I'm not going to get it on PS, Xbos or PC just because I wouldnt' play it enough, but those platforms selling succesfully just means that MH actually has a future in the US and I love it.  If it sells well here there will not doubt be a new monster hunter on the Nintendo Switch in the near future considering the huge install base Nintendo has already grown in less than a year.  The more people that enjoy the franchise the better in my opinion considering its one of the more unique and interesting lesser known games out there.

2/9/18 4:45 PM
12/12/02
cleophus - 
BaldTony - Did anybody manage to collect the 5 Million bonus in game? Supposed to get a lot of free stuff due to it selling so many copies. But it isn't listed under the Redeem Bonus option with your House Cat.

I think there was a problem with it. They said it is fixed in the latest update and I think that they extended the period to get it.

Installed the patch, and it's now there as a login bonus along with the normal voucher etc.
Cheers
2/9/18 4:46 PM
11/11/11

Although I am just a bear, I really really want to play this game. Though I am scared of it coming to the switch because I know I will buy it and the game is such a time sink

2/9/18 5:51 PM
12/12/02
Bears are an apex predator. These monsters are trying to steal your place on top of the tree. You need to stop them now before it's too late!
2/9/18 6:35 PM
11/11/11
BaldTony - Bears are an apex predator. These monsters are trying to steal your place on top of the tree. You need to stop them now before it's too late!

Lolz! Its just a game. Admittedly I feel guilty playing it because I feel it promotes inter species intolerance.

-_-

Edited: 2/9/18 6:39 PM
2/19/03
Is there a PS4 team?<br /><br />Ive done both solo and team hunts and team hunts are way faster and more fun.<br /><br />I just started the other day so I'm only HR4 though.
Edited: 2/10/18 2:03 AM
5/4/11

People are salty about its success because it's not a hipster thing anymore, MH was always that niche game for hardcore players, and now it appeals to the casual gamer too, and they hate it. I personally think capcom have done a great job at bringing in new players but keeping the challenge alive. Nergigante is the skill cap that separates players. 

I never got round to setting up a squad so if nobody has done it yet, can do one today for PS4.

2/10/18 7:07 AM
11/13/14

still can't get over the horrible controls

2/10/18 7:44 AM
1/1/01
BenjoBandito -

People are salty about its success because it's not a hipster thing anymore, MH was always that niche game for hardcore players, and now it appeals to the casual gamer too, and they hate it. I personally think capcom have done a great job at bringing in new players but keeping the challenge alive. Nergigante is the skill cap that separates players. 

I never got round to setting up a squad so if nobody has done it yet, can do one today for PS4.

Well this is just a base MH game I'm sure that there be more of a challenge when g-rank releases.

2/10/18 11:31 AM
5/4/11

Definitely, I think it's fine as is right now. Obviously the speed runners have got it to a point where there isn't much for them to do right now, but I think the aim is on breaking in the new wave of players - and they've done a great job. The whole interface is about a multiplayer experience this time around, and I think that those "events" hunts are going to become a big part of the community at a later date. 

Also looking forward to deviljho and bazelgeuse trading blows.

2/10/18 12:19 PM
1/1/01

The other thing to remember is that as much as this is gen 5 of the series it really is a total reboot. They couldn't just reuse assets from the games like before. Overall I'm pretty happy about the number of monsters for the game just wish it had more variety of types. I really hope the the g-rank/ultimate expansion doubles the total numbers but I doubt there will be that much.

PS fuck capcom for putting Kirin in this game

2/10/18 1:13 PM
5/4/11

For me the biggest criticism is the viability of weapons. There isn't enough variety, basically if you want to run the best weapon just go the nergigante route, better sharpness than anything else, better raw, solid dragon element with slots. There's literally no reason to use anything else unless you run element builds - and even then it's basically one weapon path for each element. No variety at all. (There is also a shortage of water element weapons in general with almost every weapon types water path capping out at upgrade rank 6.)

I use the Val hazak and bazelgeuse Lance just because I don't want to play the game the same way everyone else does - that's not MH, but the bloody sharpness lasts about 10 pokes.

2/11/18 5:07 PM
11/28/07

Slowly getting into it. Maybe I'm getting old, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by everything. 

2/11/18 5:35 PM
11/11/11
bonersaurus -

Slowly getting into it. Maybe I'm getting old, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by everything. 

The game is definitely overwhelming. Havent played world yet but the others definitely have a steep learning curve. Watch gaijin hunter videos on YouTube to learn weapons.  

2/11/18 8:14 PM
1/1/01
bonersaurus - 

Pretty sure I have you on my friend's list. If you want to hit me up and I'll help you out.

Other than Gaijin Hunter, Arekkz Gaming has some pretty good tutorials as well. They both only have a couple up so far cause it looks like they are both doing like one a week. Nice thing is so far they have covered different weapons.

2/12/18 4:38 AM
6/8/08
cleophus -
bonersaurus - 

Pretty sure I have you on my friend's list. If you want to hit me up and I'll help you out.

Other than Gaijin Hunter, Arekkz Gaming has some pretty good tutorials as well. They both only have a couple up so far cause it looks like they are both doing like one a week. Nice thing is so far they have covered different weapons.

I say Arekkz and like the way he narrates.

I have been using the Charged Blade for 5 hours now, but still have a hard time. I like the complexity over just "hitting shit", but

a) I find it really hard to do the Shield charge move. I go into a discharge, and hit R2, but almost everytime, he finishes his motion and does not transfer it to the shield. I tried hitting R2 right at the beginning, then also later. That's all I'm doing while fighting, and it takes alot of time and attention of the fight away...

b) First I need to charge the thingies to red. I do that as per video, with my sword and shield. Usually the charge attack, ending it with another one, since it's fastest. But this is almost impossible for any fast moving prey. I need to run close to it (well walk, else he'll put my weapons away) all the while not being overrun/hit/poisoned/electrocuted. THEN I need to do a successfull charge attack. And again... I need 2 perfect ones to be fully charged. Then I get to transfer to shield, and do it AGAIN to charge the blade..

in the meantime the rest of the team do the actual work lol, and when the mob is killed, I'm done charging and am ready to go - unless there is no team, then I will have died by then....

Apart from that I played Longsword. Like it, but not too complicated/tactic heavy.

Also played the Wu-Shu-Flyaround Spear lol. Also like it. didnt get the glave insect part too well though, I just send it off and collect, but getting 3 different colours in all that madness... hmm....

that's about it. I might look into Bow (after seeing Arekkz Video), I just like having to stay busy with tactics and mechanigs to succeed, don't like it, when its just too straight forward.

On my interest list for another time: Dual Blad (but probably will not like it, because of the reason I just stated last), Axe.

2/12/18 7:06 AM
11/13/14

clunky