GamerGround Monster Hunter World?

3/1/18 8:53 AM
6/8/08

I'm on the Hunting Horn - mostly for fucks sake, because nobody uses it. Ok no wrong, now I'm on it, because it's fucking awesome and I make myself (and the team, if somebody tags along) to somebody who doenst really care if he misses a doge or not, because I don't feel pain anymore.

Also people stop to gesture thank yous for healing or because they can't believe the type of damage they start doing.

My secondary is the fly through the air like a motherfucking eagle stick.

3/1/18 10:16 AM
9/29/05
Nut Kicker -
tonberry - I'm hunting Rathian and Diablos in story mode now.

How far away am I from the end game? I'm tired of watching cutscenes and having to wait for guys I'm hunting with have to do solo quests.

At the same spot right now. Using this time to upgrade my swords so I'm ready for the ass  whipping I hear they put on you. Was also wondering where I am at for the story.

You're towards the end of "training mode" lol. Diablos was a bastard... until I started fighting the monsters after the main story.

3/1/18 10:19 AM
3/5/14
Average -

I'm on the Hunting Horn - mostly for fucks sake, because nobody uses it. Ok no wrong, now I'm on it, because it's fucking awesome and I make myself (and the team, if somebody tags along) to somebody who doenst really care if he misses a doge or not, because I don't feel pain anymore.

Also people stop to gesture thank yous for healing or because they can't believe the type of damage they start doing.

Yea, I've heard hunting horn is sweet when playing in a group, but its tough when going solo.  Is that your experience?

3/1/18 3:35 PM
3/11/12
tonberry -
Nut Kicker -

How far away am I from the end game? I'm tired of watching cutscenes and having to wait for guys I'm hunting with have to do solo quests.

At the same spot right now. Using this time to upgrade my swords so I'm ready for the ass  whipping I hear they put on you. Was also wondering where I am at for the story.

You're towards the end of "training mode" lol. Diablos was a bastard... until I started fighting the monsters after the main story.

I whipped them both lol. Rathalos gave me more of a problem then diablos did. Got them both first try though. 

3/1/18 4:23 PM
9/29/05
Nut Kicker - 
tonberry -
Nut Kicker -

I whipped them both lol. Rathalos gave me more of a problem then diablos did. Got them both first try though. 

Well, hello, Mr. Fancy Pants.

Good luck on the Black Diablos.
3/1/18 11:45 PM
3/11/12
tonberry -
Nut Kicker - 
tonberry -
Nut Kicker -

Well, hello, Mr. Fancy Pants.

Good luck on the Black Diablos.

Lol I was well prepared. Everyone said how much of a pain they are so I got my weapons to the highest tier that I could go and had decent armor on. Don't get me wrong they are tough. Yay can't wait.

Edited: 3/2/18 3:06 AM
6/8/08
Hurtsogood -
Average -

Yea, I've heard hunting horn is sweet when playing in a group, but its tough when going solo.  Is that your experience?

Actually I don't know. Since I think my armor is WAY too shitty for where I'm at right now... I get one shotted (shoved, coughed at, looked at) by the monsters I am supposed to get in my story quest, on the regular.

I use SOS flares and then more or less stand back and let everyone do right now, in order not to die 3 times and spoil the party. I can be super careful, play the buffs and BOOOOOOM a rush and I'm dead. Only expection: When I have the defense buff running on the horn I use presently. If I play the encore and move it from L Defense to XL, I can take full on fireballs and hits, and lose about 15% of my health. It's amazing.

So I guess before my armor is not where it should be, I cannot say much about my current level. But when I took it up, I had fresh armour and soloing was... well... easy? The horn hits so freaking hard, its amazing. I was expecting it would suck offense wise, because you get all those buffs. Soloing was just like the guy describes the horn in the video below.

I'm just trying to get to the end of the story and dont want to grind shit now, that's why my armour is probably in need of a big upgrade. I'll have a look.

Hunting Horn: just a support weapon?

3/2/18 8:31 AM
5/4/11

Just got in to gunlance. Having a bunch of fun with that. I've done all the quests now so if someone needs any help I can lend a hand. 

3/2/18 9:31 AM
6/8/08
BenjoBandito -

Just got in to gunlance. Having a bunch of fun with that. I've done all the quests now so if someone needs any help I can lend a hand. 

what is there to do at that point?

Just get ALL the loot ALL the time?

3/2/18 9:57 AM
5/4/11
Average -
BenjoBandito -

Yeah just build optimizing and trying out new weapons and stuff. I still enjoy the game after finishing all of its quest content. I like just jumping in people's SOS games

3/2/18 11:57 AM
11/28/07

I feel like I've barely played but when I check the clock I've got over 12 hours in. Cleophus helped me out a ton on some early quest stuff but I even enjoy just going out on the expeditions and doing whatever. I wish I had time to play more, I can tell this will be my go to fame for awhile. 

3/2/18 3:48 PM
12/12/02
When you complete the main quest, have you met all the Monsters in the game?
3/2/18 5:12 PM
12/12/02
Thanks
3/4/18 11:21 AM
10/8/12

Just hit HR45. Played the story using only the Charge Blade, but have been using the hunting horn more in end-game. My next weapon will likely be the Lance.

3/4/18 7:07 PM
1/1/01

I did it! 

150 hours and story is over lol

3/5/18 2:34 AM
6/8/08
BenjoBandito -
Average -
BenjoBandito -

Yeah just build optimizing and trying out new weapons and stuff. I still enjoy the game after finishing all of its quest content. I like just jumping in people's SOS games

So I guess, my days with this game will come to an end soon lol.

After beating it, I'm sure I'll play a bit more, see some new monsters, but I won't put another 30-100hrs in, that kind of are "for nothing". More games are waiting for me!

Has been fun so far though, which kind of is hard to understand, since I've been doing the same shit since hour one. somehow, they build it, to still stay fun, they really did a great job.

3/5/18 5:02 PM
7/16/15

It's at GameStop for 44 dollars pre owned should I buy it or wait.  Already Have a hundred other games I need to play thru lol

3/14/18 11:02 AM
1/1/01

First free update coming next week. 

Deviljho, spring blossom fest, weapon balances and a voucher to edit your character. 

3/14/18 11:06 AM
1/1/01

Oh faster load times too

3/14/18 11:18 AM
6/8/08

did the last monsters last weekend...

... and what I suspected happened. I kinda don't see a reason to play anymore lol. Maybe get that next great Hunting horn, but then there too, I've got the best one as well as the best switchaxe... so....

Was fun while it lasted. I wish that game would just be a part of a larger game. Maybe MMO, but the this kind of combat. More life, bigger maps, also more challenges on those maps. Roaming hordes of low level mobs that will shred you if you don't make it to higher ground on time, take the paralysis and sleep etc out of the weapons, but keep the stun/slice and knock over. Move sleep and other crowd control to actual caster types, and have being a caster be challenging the same way as archery has been made challenging.

Just everything in a bigger scale, and less tunnel vision feeling when it comes to what you can do. At first it seemed like "soooo many things" but if you look under the hood, you basically just do the same things again and again.

Still, fun game it was.

3/14/18 12:20 PM
10/8/12

^ I was kind of feeling the same way after killing the last monster and getting my armor sets optimized for the weapons I like rolling with.

Was playing last night just helping out a buddy because I had no fire left for the game and decided to try out a Gunlance just because I was bored with hunting horn/charge blade. Totally re-lit my fire playing with a new weapon with a totally different style. 

Might be worth trying out.

3/16/18 4:48 AM
6/8/08
MDubya -

^ I was kind of feeling the same way after killing the last monster and getting my armor sets optimized for the weapons I like rolling with.

Was playing last night just helping out a buddy because I had no fire left for the game and decided to try out a Gunlance just because I was bored with hunting horn/charge blade. Totally re-lit my fire playing with a new weapon with a totally different style. 

Might be worth trying out.

Good post.

I'll hang around for the DLC and play some more. Nothing great going on on PC at the moment, and nothing great on Console, so I guess I can do some more monster.

Is any major release due soon? Man, was waiting for Red Redemption (quit work, divorce, unfriend all, play) but yeah, that's far away now. That ol' Star Citizen looks great on every demo, but seems like that game is just about "being in development" for the rest of our lives. So yeah...

3/17/18 1:06 PM
7/16/15

Bought it this morning, killed the jagras in the first quest. Picked the sword/axe shifting thing but the controls were tricky on it. The twin blades felt the most natural to me as a dark souls veteran who used them in those games but I wanted a different experience so chose the axe/sword and shield. Might switch to using the dual swords anyway though since it’s most natural

3/17/18 1:16 PM
1/1/01
Bearhugger - 

Bought it this morning, killed the jagras in the first quest. Picked the sword/axe shifting thing but the controls were tricky on it. The twin blades felt the most natural to me as a dark souls veteran who used them in those games but I wanted a different experience so chose the axe/sword and shield. Might switch to using the dual swords anyway though since it’s most natural

Check out these links for some weapon tutorials. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/ArekkzG/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

3/17/18 9:21 PM
7/16/15

Do you guys use the lock on function? Game seems to love locking on to something 500 yards away and behind you  while a monster is barreling down on you lol