GamerGround Monster Hunter World?

3/17/18 10:36 PM
9/29/05

Great game. One of the best I've played in a long time. 150 hours for me, too.

I'm on a crazy work schedule and sometimes only got to play late at night. The guys I was matching up with were awesome (Japan/Korea maybe) and I learned a ton from them. As the hunts get tougher, everyone needs to really know their class, and group survival was key.

They were putting two or three health boosters down in a triangle and having their tanks engage the monster there. DPS guys were doing damage, flanking, distracting, and setting traps. The ranged guys were healing, taking power shots and knocking people out of stun. You felt like a badass crushing a tough monster in 10 minutes lol.

Huge difference when playing with a group that's disorganized and everybody is just trying to get theirs and not die. 

3/18/18 10:45 AM
10/8/12
Bearhugger -

Do you guys use the lock on function? Game seems to love locking on to something 500 yards away and behind you  while a monster is barreling down on you lol

I do not use the lock on function. I tried a bit, but it never worked the way I wanted it too so I've stopped trying. I do not miss it.

Edited: 3/18/18 1:59 PM
7/16/15

Anyone have tips for getting people to respond to your sos flares? I can join other people’s hunts no problem but whenever I shoot a flare myself no one comes. Just killed the juventus (spelling) and barroth singlehandedly but had flares up the entire time and no one came. Something with my internet? Not sure how the online works in this game at all, 

3/18/18 6:55 PM
9/29/05
Bearhugger -

Anyone have tips for getting people to respond to your sos flares? I can join other people’s hunts no problem but whenever I shoot a flare myself no one comes. Just killed the juventus (spelling) and barroth singlehandedly but had flares up the entire time and no one came. Something with my internet? Not sure how the online works in this game at all, 

When are you shooting the flare, and can you confirm you created an online session that lets anybody join? You might have a setting that's filtering too many people out .

3/18/18 8:19 PM
7/16/15
tonberry -
Bearhugger -

When are you shooting the flare, and can you confirm you created an online session that lets anybody join? You might have a setting that's filtering too many people out .

How am I supposed to confirm it? I’m shooting a flare when I’m supposed to and it’s going on the air during hunts. Somethings fucked up and it’s pretty much gamebreaking unless I can figure it out 

3/18/18 8:29 PM
7/16/15

Just killed a Tobi kadachi solo just like every other boss so far, had no time to spare on it and hand was going numb bc of how long it fucking took because my fucking flares don’t attract anyone.

3/18/18 8:35 PM
7/16/15
tonberry -
Bearhugger -

When you start a game, what are you selecting? 

The thing is that I can join others hunts any time I want. And when I create a session, It isn’t private either. 

3/19/18 3:24 AM
6/8/08
Bearhugger -

Just killed a Tobi kadachi solo just like every other boss so far, had no time to spare on it and hand was going numb bc of how long it fucking took because my fucking flares don’t attract anyone.

Ok look, here's what you gonna do.

Go to the quest board. There, you can find a new online session. Use the option to set a filter instead of automatic matchmaking. 

Then, set level to beginners, since this is your "age group". 

Search.

You'll get a list. Now go ahead and select a server that is almost full. More people = more people hanging out at the base, looking at SOS Flares. When you get higher, make sure you take the highest level leader of the servers that are almost full (11 people at least). Higher leader tends to have higher people on that server in general, but it's not science. 

So, now you're on a server that has close to max people instead of just 6 or so, and they too are after the similar monsters you are after. You will get SOS responses in no time. 

Also, you can use the SOS right when you land in camp. Don't wait until you've tracked the monster etc.. 

3/19/18 6:47 PM
6/8/08

ttt

Edited: 3/19/18 8:30 PM
7/16/15

Still nothing. Been googling and researching the problem for two days and nothing works. Shame. My online Works with every other game, nat type is open and everything good to go other than people being able to enter the world. Wish I didn’t waste 60 dollars for it. 

3/19/18 8:55 PM
10/8/12

You are sure you are using the SOS flare and not the signal flare?

3/20/18 3:33 AM
6/8/08
MDubya -

This!

Do you see a flare going up with a trail of smoke behind it?

Edited: 3/21/18 11:35 PM
10/8/12

Deviljho is live, dropped a few hours ago

3/22/18 5:05 AM
6/8/08
MDubya -

what do we do, once we get back in?

3/22/18 6:32 AM
5/4/11

Got a deviljho gem on my first kill of him last night, rng be with me. He's not as bad as I thought they'd make him, his turf wars are amazing though 

3/22/18 9:47 AM
7/16/15
Average -
MDubya -

This!

Yeah shoots straight in the air. On xbox

3/22/18 12:25 PM
10/8/12
Average -
MDubya -

you have to have completed 7 star quest (minimum). After that you will see a prompt to the lower right of the screen saying that deviljho has been sighted and that he will appear randomly.

open up your map and cycle locations reviewing the available monsters in that area until you see a ??? monster. enter that location and find the tracks until you have filled up the first research bar.

head back to town and get a cut scene, rinse and repeat until you get the quest.

3/22/18 12:32 PM
10/8/12
Bearhugger -
Average -
MDubya -

This!

Yeah shoots straight in the air. On xbox

It may just be that people are not responding to Low-rank SOS flares. I know after hitting end game I rarely do unless prompted by a buddy.The best thing you could do would be to go to https://adoptahunter.org/ and sign up as a rookie Hunter. Someone other player will contact you and you can team up/learn the ropes. It's better than throwing away a $60 game, that does get pretty fun when you figure out the intricacies.

3/22/18 12:33 PM
10/8/12
BenjoBandito -

Got a deviljho gem on my first kill of him last night, rng be with me. He's not as bad as I thought they'd make him, his turf wars are amazing though 

lucky dog. His Gem is not at the melder so the only way to get it is through RNG

Edited: 3/22/18 12:59 PM
7/16/15

Was able to summon guys today for the first time and after fighting him for a little while it randomly said canceled sos flare returning to base but I hadn’t even died. What the fuck? Did one of the party members did too much or was it my internet? Youd think if it was the internet it’d still let me solo ot.

i like this game when it works but it’s making it hard to keep playing

3/22/18 1:43 PM
6/8/08
Bearhugger -

Was able to summon guys today for the first time and after fighting him for a little while it randomly said canceled sos flare returning to base but I hadn’t even died. What the fuck? Did one of the party members did too much or was it my internet? Youd think if it was the internet it’d still let me solo ot.

when the others die, it's the same thing. 

say the limit is 3 deaths... if the other guys die 3 times, what you described will happen. 

3/22/18 1:44 PM
6/8/08
MDubya -
Average -
MDubya -

you have to have completed 7 star quest (minimum). After that you will see a prompt to the lower right of the screen saying that deviljho has been sighted and that he will appear randomly.

open up your map and cycle locations reviewing the available monsters in that area until you see a ??? monster. enter that location and find the tracks until you have filled up the first research bar.

head back to town and get a cut scene, rinse and repeat until you get the quest.

hmm... went in today, did some sos flares and took expedition and there that thing was every time. Not too hard to beat IMO. 

So....

that's it? lol, I think I'm done here. 

3/22/18 3:18 PM
7/16/15
Average -
Bearhugger -

when the others die, it's the same thing. 

say the limit is 3 deaths... if the other guys die 3 times, what you described will happen. 

I got ya. Seemed to work better for me today, might be my internet that makes it tricky.

3/22/18 11:46 PM
10/8/12
Average -
MDubya -
Average -
MDubya -

hmm... went in today, did some sos flares and took expedition and there that thing was every time. Not too hard to beat IMO. 

So....

Yep, it was a free upgrade to add 1 additional monster, and to balance weapons. 

not bad for the price I would say.

3/23/18 3:06 AM
6/8/08
MDubya -
Average -
MDubya -
Average -
MDubya -

So....

Yep, it was a free upgrade to add 1 additional monster, and to balance weapons. 

not bad for the price I would say.

Well...  hmmm.....

It doesn't really impact the replayability. Not more than... a few more times? Unless you're into hardcore grinding and having to have every weapon etc...

But apart from that, it doesen't really make the game more interesting. It'll go back on the shelf for me. Seen the monsters, the maps. Got the top Switchaxe and Hunting horn...  so yeah.

Good game, I'll be back if they add some more interesting stuff to do.

I would LOVE this game in the newest final fantasy world aka Openworld and as an MMO. with tons more things to do.