GamerGround Red Dead 2

11/2/18 10:44 AM
1/1/01
Holy shit there's a KKK induction ceremony in the game.

I was going down the road, early evening time period, straight north of Rhodes. They were just west of the road, between the Kamassa River and the south short of Mattock Pond.

There were about 10 of them there.

I decided to stop, ride by, blow them up with dynamite. Got all but 1 with the dynamite, he went down easy.
11/2/18 12:19 PM
6/8/10
BiggGunn - Holy shit there's a KKK induction ceremony in the game.

I was going down the road, early evening time period, straight north of Rhodes. They were just west of the road, between the Kamassa River and the south short of Mattock Pond.

I decided to stop, ride by, blow them up with dynamite. Got all but 1 with the dynamite, he went down easy.

Should have let the ceremony finish, two of them end up lighting themselves on fire. Pretty funny. I’ve came across them twice now, one for the set up for the ceremony and then during the actual ceremony. 

11/4/18 10:41 AM
1/12/15

I've played every day since release and I am only on chapter 3. I've put so much time into hunting, treasure maps, clothing, and just side quest nonsense. This is what I love about Rockstar games 

11/5/18 1:04 PM
3/6/13
theseanster -
MrHughes1991 - 
theseanster - Starting to burn out pretty hard I guess because I suck at the game

I bought the upgraded quarters for the boss
I got the faggot his leatherworking tools
I restock shit at the camp
I shoot deer, bear, etc and bring the shit back to the butcher

everyone in the camp is cunty and always outa shit, nobody contributes

I shoot like shit. Thank god for aim bot

How do you make money at this shit and how do I travel around faster? I seem to hang out near Valentine and Strawberry. I rode out and opened the map a little and saw the weird Louisiana fucks.

Once in a while a posse rides up and rapes my shit in 2 shots no warning
Hunting doesn't bring in cash

How do you make money

Tips for hunting: use your binoculars to see the star rating of animals and get one with 3 stars. Also if you click info it'll tell you how to take down the animal for a perfect pelt. You have to find a trapper to sell the skins

Thank you Mr. Hughes!!!

You're welcome. This game is incredible so far. I'm still in chapter 2 for fucks sake and I think I've got about 15 hours in. I almost, ALMOST, skipped sex to play more the other day. And the next few days of working 12 hour shifts are going to be misery lol

11/5/18 2:47 PM
3/18/02

I hit the major bug where John Abigail and Sadie are missing from my camp. Retried the first mission in valentine bc I beat up the dude messing with Tully. Looks like I have to restart. Luckily still only in chapter 2

11/8/18 1:34 PM
10/1/12

I struggle so hard with doing story missions. I love doing these missions, but there is just an unreal amount of things to distract you from doing what you intend to do. 

11/8/18 2:24 PM
1/1/01
Kentonnnnn - 

I struggle so hard with doing story missions. I love doing these missions, but there is just an unreal amount of things to distract you from doing what you intend to do. 

Just wait till shit goes CRAAAAAAAZY. You'll know when you get there.
11/18/18 3:38 AM
10/27/05
theseanster - Also since I shoot so bad I just in close and double barrel shotgun people's faces off. Or distince I'll use the carbine and aim bot, stock up on potions and dead eye shit

So using dead eye successfully helps ramp it up and increase your DE level so it lasts longer.

Using a double barrel is probably why you're getting rekt. I stick with my revolver, and a repeating rifle (whatever the best one you can get at the time.

Realize that weapons degrade with use, and they require either cleaning them yourself with gun oil or letting a gun smith shop clean them for cheap.

Making money, well unfortunately hunting doesn't net a ton of money considering the amount of time you have to invest tracking, hunting, skinning, and carrying it somewhere to be sold.

Usually as you progress through the game you'll get options for side missions that will net cash. For instance I'm in act 4 and I routinely spend money (prob spent $600 paying off bounties), buying guns, ammo, clothes, horses, gambling, and donating to the camp for multiple upgrades but I still have about $3k on me now and I never did the gold glitch.

Always kill any opposing gang and make sure you loot every body you kill. Once you have access to a fence you can sell all the shit you pick up like belt buckles/rings/etc.

You get an option to fence wagons/coachs at one point, sell horses (not extremely lucrative) and robbing trains.

The down side to engaging in crime not associated with side missions is you often get a bounty or increase the chance even if you have your mask on if you can't get away before the law arrives.

Fast travel is an upgrade you do to your characters sleeping quarters but it's one way only. I don't fast travel because you miss out on all the random events you stumble across that could net cash.

Just be patient, it takes time to level up, but IIRC you can increase stamina and life by running around, completing tasks, being successful on side missions and increasing your positive perk by doing good things like chores around the camp.

Once the intial chapter was available I simply explored, hunted, and gambled for about 20 hours and opened up the entire map (that you can access at that point).

At this point I've decided to play through the rest of the game before I start going for total completion, I'll finish all the big game hunting/challenges/compendium once I'm done with main/side missions. At that point I'll have all the best perks and weapons.

11/18/18 3:41 AM
10/27/05
T Sauce - 
BiggGunn - Holy shit there's a KKK induction ceremony in the game.

Should have let the ceremony finish, two of them end up lighting themselves on fire. Pretty funny. I’ve came across them twice now, one for the set up for the ceremony and then during the actual ceremony. 

Just witnessed that earlier today, what's even better is after the ceremony is over and two of them burn up, if you loot them one was taking the minutes (hilarious) and one of the bullet points was "less flammable outfits"

11/19/18 6:26 AM
11/19/18

Love this game so far. Really enjoyable.

11/26/18 11:18 AM
8/10/11

Bought it last week, played for 4 days, and immediately sold it to recoop my losses. 

Controls were horrible, and the gameplay mechanics just didnt do it for me. Riding my horse, hitting a tiny rock on the side of a hill, flying off my horse to my death, and then my legendary skin is gone. Fuck you game. 

11/26/18 5:20 PM
6/6/17

Can you fuck with people in this game?  I never played the first one, but my buddy says you could totally fuck with people.  He had some sniper rifle and would lay there and cap people coming to this spot to do a quest or whatever over and over again.  He said one guy got pissed and chased him half across the entire map before giving up lol.  My kind of game if this stuff goes on!

11/28/18 4:57 PM
6/8/10
Homeslice -

Can you fuck with people in this game?  I never played the first one, but my buddy says you could totally fuck with people.  He had some sniper rifle and would lay there and cap people coming to this spot to do a quest or whatever over and over again.  He said one guy got pissed and chased him half across the entire map before giving up lol.  My kind of game if this stuff goes on!

The online multiplayer portion of the game just released this week, but I’m sure stuff like that will happen. 

11/28/18 7:18 PM
8/19/13
ClevelandCursed -

Bought it last week, played for 4 days, and immediately sold it to recoop my losses. 

Controls were horrible, and the gameplay mechanics just didnt do it for me. Riding my horse, hitting a tiny rock on the side of a hill, flying off my horse to my death, and then my legendary skin is gone. Fuck you game. 

Your legendary skins are actually never gone, If you lose them you can find them at the trapper and make your legendary clothing with it. Only penalty is you lose the money earnt from selling the pelt to him. Thank me when you re buy the game :)

11/28/18 7:20 PM
8/19/13
Homeslice -

Your buddy is going to make online unplayable unfortunately. I think everybody is going to be trolling like that, that itll be damn near impossible to actually do the quests and earn cash.

12/11/18 1:18 PM
4/9/16

Can you just do team death match or grab the bag yet?  I’m not big on free roam, I just want to play pvp style online games.  

Edited: 12/16/18 4:59 PM
7/24/16

I bought it a few nights ago and it's easily the coolest game I've ever played. Granted, I don't play a lot of video games, but this is the most fun I've had with one since the first Halo came out and we'd set up two, 8-man teams on different floors in my college dorm and play all night. This game is the shit and I'm looking forward to and hoping we get a ton of awesome DLC as time goes on.

12/23/18 3:32 PM
12/30/03

Griefing is the only thing to do online other than fish and hunt while others grief you.