GamerGround Red Dead 2

10/26/18 12:21 PM
6/8/10

Releases today and didn’t see a thread so figured I would start one. I stayed up and played for an hour last night. Game looks incredible and ran pretty smooth. Would have called in sick to work today if I didn’t have an event I have to run this afternoon. Can’t wait to play the shit out of it this weekend. 

10/26/18 12:26 PM
8/10/11

Is it still the GTA style controls? Dont love how those games handle. Feels very antiquated. 

10/26/18 1:13 PM
1/12/15

Waiting for Amazon to deliver my copy so I can run home for lunch and get it installing. I usually get digital but the disc install is 100 GB compared to the digital download of 150 GB.

10/26/18 1:27 PM
8/10/11
malf922 -

Waiting for Amazon to deliver my copy so I can run home for lunch and get it installing. I usually get digital but the disc install is 100 GB compared to the digital download of 150 GB.

150gb?? Goddamn, I have comcast and they give us a 1TB limit monthly. This shit with games is getting out of hand. 

10/26/18 1:56 PM
1/13/10
ClevelandCursed -
malf922 -

150gb?? Goddamn, I have comcast and they give us a 1TB limit monthly. This shit with games is getting out of hand. 

Fuck that noise.... I called the loyalty department and got that changed. Never was a data cap explained to me when signing up with them. It’s a cheap way for them to make extra money.

10/26/18 1:58 PM
6/8/10
ClevelandCursed -

Is it still the GTA style controls? Dont love how those games handle. Feels very antiquated. 

Yeah still the same controls. The aiming felt smoother than I remember gta5 feeling though. And the horse controls are improved over RDR 1. 

The digital version was only a 88GB download on Xbox. 

10/26/18 2:17 PM
1/1/01

Played about 5 hours. Amazing game. It’s so much fun. Seeing a big brown bear is pawsome! Going into town was trouble. So much interaction with anything that moves.

10/26/18 5:37 PM
3/21/07
T Sauce -
ClevelandCursed -

Yeah still the same controls. The aiming felt smoother than I remember gta5 feeling though. And the horse controls are improved over RDR 1. 

Trying to get over this currently. Going from pubg to this just feels so bad. 

10/26/18 7:00 PM
6/8/10
charmbar -
T Sauce -
ClevelandCursed -

Trying to get over this currently. Going from pubg to this just feels so bad. 

I’ve been playing a ton of COD. Keep crouching every time I try to sprint. 

10/26/18 10:43 PM
8/19/13

Started off a little slow but as soon as you leave the snowy mountain area and set up camp, you are allowed to free roam. My God does this game shine and feel new. It manages to make the world feel alive which is so hard to do in a video game. Switching between first and third person is awesome too. Cant recommend it enough so far.

10/28/18 11:06 AM
3/18/02

I like the controls. Guns and horses feel smoother but in terms of the other controls, I like the controls being so divvied up. In other games with a lot of move sets but a lot of shared controls it seems like you get close to doing what you intended but not necessarily exactly what you wanted. Spider-Man is an example of that. The controls are awesome but sometimes I don’t do exactly what I intended. Rd2 seems like you get more specificity for what you intend. 

10/28/18 4:12 PM
10/1/12
IronWill -

Started off a little slow but as soon as you leave the snowy mountain area and set up camp, you are allowed to free roam. My God does this game shine and feel new. It manages to make the world feel alive which is so hard to do in a video game. Switching between first and third person is awesome too. Cant recommend it enough so far.

What situations do you use first person? I've been playing in third person pretty much the entire time

10/28/18 7:02 PM
5/13/02
Starting to burn out pretty hard I guess because I suck at the game

I bought the upgraded quarters for the boss
I got the faggot his leatherworking tools
I restock shit at the camp
I shoot deer, bear, etc and bring the shit back to the butcher

everyone in the camp is cunty and always outa shit, nobody contributes

I shoot like shit. Thank god for aim bot

How do you make money at this shit and how do I travel around faster? I seem to hang out near Valentine and Strawberry. I rode out and opened the map a little and saw the weird Louisiana fucks.

Once in a while a posse rides up and rapes my shit in 2 shots no warning
Hunting doesn't bring in cash

How do you make money
10/28/18 7:04 PM
5/13/02
Also since I shoot so bad I just in close and double barrel shotgun people's faces off. Or distince I'll use the carbine and aim bot, stock up on potions and dead eye shit
10/28/18 9:22 PM
8/19/13
Kentonnnnn -
IronWill -

What situations do you use first person? I've been playing in third person pretty much the entire time

Always in third person when riding a horse. I just figured out that If you set a waypoint, begin on your way and get your horse into a gallop, enter cinematic mode and you can sit back and watch the scenery and let your horse auto ride to your destination.

I like to use first person when playing poker, in some intense situations like when I was riding at night and stumbled across a KKK meeting and a burning cross. Ive killed some legendary gunslingers and taken their revolvers and sometimes it's nice to have a shootout in first person and admire the weaponry. Like to fistfight/stab people in 1st and if I'm raiding a house or camp and looking for things to loot I prefer it as well.

10/28/18 9:22 PM
6/8/10

The camp upgrade after Dutch’s campsite will unlock fast travel. It’s not traditional fast travel, you can travel from camp to any city you’ve visited but you can’t travel back, somewhat annoying. Also if you set a waypoint and then toggle the cinematic camera, your horse will stay on path to the waypoint without having you to hold buttons or steer. But if you get attacked or random event pops up, you will get knocked out of cinematic mode. 

If you want to make money, play the story missions. 

10/28/18 11:55 PM
5/13/02
Alright. It's opened up A LOT since I finished Chapter 2. Chapter 2 was weird where I was unsure of what to do and shit spread out. Chapter 3 people are coming at me to get shit done so the game is flowing a little better.

Why won't any of the bath chicks have sex with me?
10/29/18 10:28 AM
10/1/12
IronWill -
Kentonnnnn -
IronWill -

Always in third person when riding a horse. I just figured out that If you set a waypoint, begin on your way and get your horse into a gallop, enter cinematic mode and you can sit back and watch the scenery and let your horse auto ride to your destination.

I like to use first person when playing poker, in some intense situations like when I was riding at night and stumbled across a KKK meeting and a burning cross. Ive killed some legendary gunslingers and taken their revolvers and sometimes it's nice to have a shootout in first person and admire the weaponry. Like to fistfight/stab people in 1st and if I'm raiding a house or camp and looking for things to loot I prefer it as well.

I'll have to give first person a try in those situations. I just upgraded to 4k tv and ps4 pro last week so I've been loving going to cinematic while traveling and just taking it all in. Great feature for this game. 

10/29/18 6:30 PM
1/1/01

Drunk in the saloon with Lenny was pretty funny. Annoying you can’t bang hookers though. And those bastards wouldn’t even let me take a bath after having a beer in the other saloon.

10/29/18 8:39 PM
3/6/13

This game is fucking incredible so far

10/29/18 8:44 PM
3/6/13
theseanster - Starting to burn out pretty hard I guess because I suck at the game

How do you make money at this shit and how do I travel around faster? I seem to hang out near Valentine and Strawberry. I rode out and opened the map a little and saw the weird Louisiana fucks.

How do you make money

Tips for hunting: use your binoculars to see the star rating of animals and get one with 3 stars. Also if you click info it'll tell you how to take down the animal for a perfect pelt. You have to find a trapper to sell the skins

10/30/18 9:53 AM
1/1/01
One of the side quests is to take pictures of 4 older outlaws. When you get to one of the four, you get ambushed by people trying to collect a bounty on her, and they bring in a wagon with a Gatling gun on it. Why wouldn't it let me hitch my horse to the wagon and take the Gatling gun back to camp?

Also, I still suck at dueling, just like in RDR.
10/30/18 10:57 AM
6/8/10

I’ve done that mission as well. Apparently you won’t be able to finish it until chapter 4. 

If anyone wants to get a bunch of gold bars and money, here’s a YouTube video showing a couple of the treasure map missions. You will need the fence to be unlocked to sell them though. 

https://youtu.be/ZY7UIulBmKc

10/30/18 11:42 AM
1/1/01
T Sauce - 

I’ve done that mission as well. Apparently you won’t be able to finish it until chapter 4. 

If anyone wants to get a bunch of gold bars and money, here’s a YouTube video showing a couple of the treasure map missions. You will need the fence to be unlocked to sell them though. 

https://youtu.be/ZY7UIulBmKc

Yeah, I know I can't finish it yet (I looked it up after I couldn't find the guy to complete it), but I still wanted the Gatling gun, dammit!
10/31/18 11:46 PM
5/13/02
MrHughes1991 - 
theseanster - Starting to burn out pretty hard I guess because I suck at the game

How do you make money

Tips for hunting: use your binoculars to see the star rating of animals and get one with 3 stars. Also if you click info it'll tell you how to take down the animal for a perfect pelt. You have to find a trapper to sell the skins

Thank you Mr. Hughes!!!