GamerGround The Division 2 Thread

2/8/19 11:10 PM
1/1/01
Only played a little so far but I'm not really feeling it yet. It feels like the Division but I'm not having as much fun with it like I did when I played the beta for the first game. Only been solo so maybe it'll be different with my friends.
2/9/19 9:34 AM
6/8/10
cleophus - Only played a little so far but I'm not really feeling it yet. It feels like the Division but I'm not having as much fun with it like I did when I played the beta for the first game. Only been solo so maybe it'll be different with my friends.

What system are you on?

2/9/19 10:24 AM
1/1/01
T Sauce - 
cleophus - Only played a little so far but I'm not really feeling it yet. It feels like the Division but I'm not having as much fun with it like I did when I played the beta for the first game. Only been solo so maybe it'll be different with my friends.

What system are you on?

ps4
2/9/19 4:25 PM
1/1/01

Feels like they made the game so that you can't really do missions solo. That sucks cause I really enjoyed playing the first one solo. Guess I'll only be playing with friends.

2/11/19 3:30 PM
6/8/10
cleophus -

Feels like they made the game so that you can't really do missions solo. That sucks cause I really enjoyed playing the first one solo. Guess I'll only be playing with friends.

I was able to do the end game mission solo on normal with the sniper specialization. I got a M44 with decent talents and was dropping purple enemies with one headshot. Solo play is possible it’s just not going to be easy. 

2/12/19 4:19 AM
3/12/07
T Sauce -
cleophus -

I was able to do the end game mission solo on normal with the sniper specialization. I got a M44 with decent talents and was dropping purple enemies with one headshot. Solo play is possible it’s just not going to be easy. 

I did it with the crossbow. I wasn't too hot on the weapon, but it is doable even without the specialized weapon. It takes a lot of patience and good cover/fallback technique, but that's pretty much combat in this game.

2/12/19 7:51 AM
1/1/01

I didn't try the end game mission but now I think part of my problem was that I had shitty weapons. I really didn't have anything for long range and that made it more difficult for me

2/12/19 12:23 PM
6/8/10

Sniping is crazy powerful in D2. But the thing most people are having trouble understanding is that this one is a true cover shooter RPG. Positioning matters way more this time around and I’m a fan of that. 

Also Open Beta has been announced for March 1st-4th. 

2/20/19 6:13 PM
6/8/10
Smirk - 

They ruined the feel of the DZ and making 3 small Dz's is just retarded.  

Not to mention with gear/stat 'normalization' it takes away the incentive to grind for gear and make a build to test out on other players since their gear will be maxed out with no effort as well. 

The entitled PVE crybaby community has ruined yet another game.  

Two months ago I would have agreed with you 100%, but after getting to play the game and more info being released, I've changed my mind.

3 DZs- Hated this at first, but it makes sense. Smaller areas in theory should make for more server stability, better hit registration and less lag since the game won't be trying to load huge areas during gameplay. Also don't forget 1 of 3 will be the "Occupied" DZ every single day. This is more of the old school DZ that veteran players want. No normalization, no flagging to go rogue, no rouge markers on the map, harder NPCs, etc.

Normalization- I thought this was absolutely the worst change when it was announced. But with the changes to gear and the armor and health systems, I get it. The TTK is much lower overall and more consistent in TD2 than it was in the first. There are no more quick burst heals so position and cover are actually things you have to be take into account in PvP. And this actually encourages more build diversity, instead of there being 2-4 meta builds that are widely considered to be the best and everyone is trying to duplicate, you won't get punished for trying out something different. I would imagine that if the organized PvP modes have an adequate player base, non-normalized "competitive" modes would start to be added as well.

At the end of the day, if you want similar face tanking PvP from the Division 1, you won't like this game. This game actually fulfills most of the promises of the first game. It's a semi-tactical cover based looter shooter that benefits from organized team play, communication, and dedicated roles.
2/21/19 7:29 PM
6/8/10
Smirk -
T Sauce - 
Smirk - 

Not to mention with gear/stat 'normalization' it takes away the incentive to grind for gear and make a build to test out on other players since their gear will be maxed out with no effort as well. 

Two months ago I would have agreed with you 100%, but after getting to play the game and more info being released, I've changed my mind.

3 DZs- Hated this at first, but it makes sense. Smaller areas in theory should make for more server stability, better hit registration and less lag since the game won't be trying to load huge areas during gameplay. Also don't forget 1 of 3 will be the "Occupied" DZ every single day. This is more of the old school DZ that veteran players want. No normalization, no flagging to go rogue, no rouge markers on the map, harder NPCs, etc.

Normalization- I thought this was absolutely the worst change when it was announced. But with the changes to gear and the armor and health systems, I get it. The TTK is much lower overall and more consistent in TD2 than it was in the first. There are no more quick burst heals so position and cover are actually things you have to be take into account in PvP. And this actually encourages more build diversity, instead of there being 2-4 meta builds that are widely considered to be the best and everyone is trying to duplicate, you won't get punished for trying out something different. I would imagine that if the organized PvP modes have an adequate player base, non-normalized "competitive" modes would start to be added as well.

At the end of the day, if you want similar face tanking PvP from the Division 1, you won't like this game. This game actually fulfills most of the promises of the first game. It's a semi-tactical cover based looter shooter that benefits from organized team play, communication, and dedicated roles.

Your last paragraph definitely applies to me.  I played the private beta and was very disappointed.  

It will be impossible for solos to do much if there are teams in the same DZ.  I like how in part 1 if my build was maxed out I could take out a team of 4 if their builds were shit and they had bad teamwork.  In TD2 it will be impossible for a solo to hold his own since it takes so long to heal and the movement is a lot slower.  When I got a purple weapon to drop in the DZ it took forever to extract.  I spent most of my time running for my life back to the checkpoint turrets since I knew I stood zero chance against a team of 3 no matter how shitty their gear was.  

If I remember correctly they did say solo players will have a higher chance of getting matched with other solo players in the DZ. But yes, the days of being able take down a full squad by yourself are probably over. We still haven’t seen all of the DZs or been able to test all the skills out either. I could be wrong but I think normalization only applies to base stats like health, armor and skill power. In theory, a really well min maxed build should be powerful if used with good position and smart play. 

Smirk, what do you play on?

2/23/19 8:28 PM
6/8/10
Smirk -
T Sauce - 
Smirk -
T Sauce - 
Smirk - 

Your last paragraph definitely applies to me.  I played the private beta and was very disappointed.  

It will be impossible for solos to do much if there are teams in the same DZ.  I like how in part 1 if my build was maxed out I could take out a team of 4 if their builds were shit and they had bad teamwork.  In TD2 it will be impossible for a solo to hold his own since it takes so long to heal and the movement is a lot slower.  When I got a purple weapon to drop in the DZ it took forever to extract.  I spent most of my time running for my life back to the checkpoint turrets since I knew I stood zero chance against a team of 3 no matter how shitty their gear was.  

If I remember correctly they did say solo players will have a higher chance of getting matched with other solo players in the DZ. But yes, the days of being able take down a full squad by yourself are probably over. We still haven’t seen all of the DZs or been able to test all the skills out either. I could be wrong but I think normalization only applies to base stats like health, armor and skill power. In theory, a really well min maxed build should be powerful if used with good position and smart play. 

Smirk, what do you play on?

I have both systems but all my Division gaming is done on PS4.

Damn I mostly played D1 on Xbox but I’m all PC now. I’ll probably start a clan for all the PC guys on here. 

2/26/19 9:32 AM
6/8/10
Here are the patch notes outlining the changes made between Private and Open Beta. Pretty surprised that so much is being changed in such a short period of time. Open Beta will also have an additional mission, chem launcher can be unlocked, and level cap is being raised from 7 to 8.

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-updates/345044/the-division-2-open-beta-updates-since-private-beta

And Smirk, they are using Easy Anti-Cheat for TD2, not sure how good it is but should be improved over TD1.
2/27/19 11:25 AM
6/8/10

Year 1 Content Trailer:

https://youtu.be/HyXV2XGaFwQ

3/4/19 3:38 PM
11/13/14

So do we have a clan ready for PS4?

3/6/19 6:01 PM
6/8/10
They did their weekly State of the Game stream today and dropped a shit ton of info on the endgame. The game is going to launch with a ton of end game activities ready to roll. Tuesday can not get here fast enough.
3/12/19 6:35 PM
12/13/12

Anyone playing on PC?

Got a free copy off a friend from work who just built a new PC and had two codes for the same game. I’m liking this a lot more than I did the first game. They lost me before they pushed out the really good fixes.

Clan system looks pretty cool, and it looks like there is a lot of shit to do. I’ll reserve judgment until the honeymoon period is over, but so far so good.

3/12/19 10:18 PM
1/1/01

I thought about it, but Anthem just released and there's Apex Legends so I was thinking about passing on this game.  I liked the first one but other people I play wiht didn't like it and stopped playing.  It wasn't as much fun without playing with people you don't know.

3/14/19 10:34 AM
6/8/10
Hit level 30 last night after a lot of grinding on Tuesday and Wednesday. Not surprising but I'm having a lot of fun with the game, but interested to see how things change now that I'm at endgame. I haven't had any server issues or game crashes on my end which is a major positive in my book, but that might change when the full launch hits on Friday. There is a lot of different activities to do and the world really feels much more alive than TD1. I've ran quite a few different types of builds while I leveled up and it's fun mixing and matching different sets. Haven't messed with the DZ or the PvP modes yet since I wanted to get to 30 ASAP. A buddy and I tried one of the strongholds last night and we made it to the last section before we just felt like we had to give up. We were both under the recommended level for it and that may have been our problem. Planning on trying them out again tonight.

If anyone is playing on PC, my UPlay name is TWSauce, feel free to add me. I'll be on most days between 6-11PM CST.
3/24/19 4:40 PM
8/11/12

Anyone know how to fix the black screen on xbox? This is fucking terrible. 

3/31/19 10:35 AM
1/1/01
I'm a singleplayer-only PC player. Worth it to get this game? I've heard it's good but heard mixed things about solo play.
4/1/19 9:57 AM
6/8/10
Tomato Can - I'm a singleplayer-only PC player. Worth it to get this game? I've heard it's good but heard mixed things about solo play.

I would say yes. I play a good bit solo and have been leveling my second character completely solo. If you are even remotely interested in the game I would say go for it. There will be some content that you’ll struggle with and if you want to do the raid you’ll need to find a group but I would say 80% of the content can be done solo. 

You could even make the case that enemy group scaling is somewhat broken. My main build has been shredding everything solo but as soon as one of my buddies jumps on, it’s noticeably weaker. Armor needs some tweaking, because unless you’re running one very specific build, you’re better off going full damage right now. 

4/1/19 10:56 AM
6/8/10
Smirk -

A great PVE game but sucks for people that loved the DZ in part 1.

There is absolutely no reason to farm the DZ now.  You can loot up just walking around the map and finding loot crates or clearing control points.  Half the time I go to the DZ im the only person in there.  

The participation trophy cry babies on Reddit complained so much about the DZ in part 1 that the devs actually made the DZ more friendly to them in part 2 and they dont even go in there.  Some gear pieces should be DZ drops only.  It way too easy to max your build out.  Fuck this game.  

I agree with the vast majority of what you’re saying. PvP in general is in bad shape right now. There are two builds that are king right now and you’re at a severe disadvantage if you aren’t running one of them, especially in conflict. I haven’t spent a ton of time in the dz but I’ve rarely found one empty, usually it’s just rogues everywhere. I completely agree about the dz needing to have items you can only get in the dz though.