GamerGround What are you playing right now?

9/27/18 11:14 PM
5/14/08
Hurtsogood -
Submissable -
Hurtsogood -
Submissable - Just bought a Switch this weekend and got aboard the Zelda hype train. This game is great and Im loving the system. Im now able to ignore the tv or Netflix with my Switch like I do my phone. I got Mario Odyssey as well but havent given it a try yet.

Has anyone had any issues with getting the Switch to play on their tv though? I havent been able to make it work. Id hate to have to go trade it in with how many hours I have put into Zelda already. The support forum hasnt helped. -Connect the cords in a certain order - plug AC adapter into the wall not a surge protector - Turn off switch then plug into the console deck -

Nothing has worked so far.

Plug the power cord into the dock.  Connect the dock to your TV via HDMI cable. Turn TV to proper input.  Put switch securely into dock and start it up.  It should show up on the TV as long as you have the dock connected and have the Switch locked into the dock properly. 

Super simple.  You can then undock it and re-dock it at your leisure.

Well, none of that worked and I got a new HDMI cord. Guess I’m gonna have to take this back and get a new one. Thanks for the advice though. 

That's weird.  May be a defective dock or something

Yep, it was the dock. Not a good enough connection. Which is weird because it still charged. But I’m happy I have a working one now. I tested it to make sure it works but still haven’t played it on the tv lol. I kinda prefer playing it tablet style. 

10/2/18 5:30 PM
11/11/11

MEGAMAN 11 TONIGHT

10/2/18 10:30 PM
1/1/01
TheBearStare - 

MEGAMAN 11 TONIGHT

I'm a big fan of the old NES MM games but this one just doesn't look that interesting. So many good platformers have come out in recent years, I dunno if another boilerplate MM game with updated graphics really does it for me anymore.
10/2/18 11:35 PM
1/1/01

Anyone with psvr? 

Are you playing Astro Bot? Game is supposed to be amazing.

10/3/18 1:42 PM
3/5/14
Submissable -
Hurtsogood -
Submissable -
Hurtsogood -
Submissable - Just bought a Switch this weekend and got aboard the Zelda hype train. This game is great and Im loving the system. Im now able to ignore the tv or Netflix with my Switch like I do my phone. I got Mario Odyssey as well but havent given it a try yet.

Has anyone had any issues with getting the Switch to play on their tv though? I havent been able to make it work. Id hate to have to go trade it in with how many hours I have put into Zelda already. The support forum hasnt helped. -Connect the cords in a certain order - plug AC adapter into the wall not a surge protector - Turn off switch then plug into the console deck -

Nothing has worked so far.

Plug the power cord into the dock.  Connect the dock to your TV via HDMI cable. Turn TV to proper input.  Put switch securely into dock and start it up.  It should show up on the TV as long as you have the dock connected and have the Switch locked into the dock properly. 

Super simple.  You can then undock it and re-dock it at your leisure.

Well, none of that worked and I got a new HDMI cord. Guess I’m gonna have to take this back and get a new one. Thanks for the advice though. 

That's weird.  May be a defective dock or something

Yep, it was the dock. Not a good enough connection. Which is weird because it still charged. But I’m happy I have a working one now. I tested it to make sure it works but still haven’t played it on the tv lol. I kinda prefer playing it tablet style. 

I tend to play mine in handheld more than docked too.  Its nice because my girlfriend can have whatever she feels like watching on the TV while I play a game on the couch next to her when we're just hanging out at night.  So much more convenient than only being able to play on a TV or monitor.

10/3/18 1:44 PM
3/5/14
Tomato Can -
TheBearStare - 

MEGAMAN 11 TONIGHT

I'm a big fan of the old NES MM games but this one just doesn't look that interesting. So many good platformers have come out in recent years, I dunno if another boilerplate MM game with updated graphics really does it for me anymore.

I've never really enjoyed megaman games that much.  I doubt I'll like a new one.  I really liked a lot of platformers over the years, but old school ones feel very dated compared to cool stuff like Mario Maker, Celeste, Hollow Knight.

10/3/18 8:29 PM
1/1/01
Yea modern platformers have come a long way. Mark of the Ninja, Guacamelee, BattleBlock Theater, Shovel Knight, Rayman, etc. So many great examples of the genre that MM doesn't really stand out any more.
10/3/18 8:37 PM
5/3/07

10/3/18 10:02 PM
6/3/10

Gunheart

Bullets and More

All on the HTC Vive

10/4/18 12:20 PM
9/10/13

Lol im actually playing ncaa football 2k14 on 360 

10/4/18 3:17 PM
9/6/11

In going to hijack my sons switch and get octopath traveler.  It made by square enix . Classic turn based rpg . I cant fucking wait . I'm super pumped to play this game . 

10/4/18 3:18 PM
9/6/11

I had been playing super ghouls and ghost on the classic SNES.  It's funny,  I have an xbox one x and haven't played a single game on it yet .I have 4 games still wrapped lol .

10/4/18 3:52 PM
3/5/14
smellslikefishtasteslikechicken -

In going to hijack my sons switch and get octopath traveler.  It made by square enix . Classic turn based rpg . I cant fucking wait . I'm super pumped to play this game . 

I've played the demo for about 1.5 hours.  I think I'm going to pick it up when I see it go on sale at some point.  Its supposed to be good, but I've got plenty of stuff to play right now, so I'll wait for a deal.

10/8/18 8:56 AM
3/5/14

I got Super Mario Party on Switch Friday.  Played a couple of rounds of the board game mode.  Also tried out a few other modes.  Its been really fun so far.  Returned to the board game style they went away from on the Wii U. 

I'm looking forward to some fun gatherings at my house to play and talk shit to eachother until we're no longer friends.

11/9/18 11:29 AM
1/1/01

Excited to play tetris effect today. Never really liked tetris but played the demo for this and it was amazing.

11/9/18 6:25 PM
1/5/11

Rdr2 will be played for months.

Playing through some PS4 exclusives now. Finished Spiderman. Started last guardian, uncharted 4, ratchet clank, until dawn.

Also got horizon, which is a he game I'm actively working on. The chick is ugly, the acting by the guys are very, very effeminately  gay, and not sure what I think so far. Creatures are interesting though.

11/25/18 6:16 AM
5/13/10

Been playing Hunt: Showdown quite a bit with a friend of mine, usually intoxicated. Been having fun but some frustration too, especially with the lag that sometimes goes beyond unbearable. But still, there has been some real good times too. Update 3.0 came a little while ago and now there are decent amount of players too, at least in Europe

12/24/18 8:43 AM
5/22/12

Started playing below on Xbox, it’s a rouge dungeon crawler. Been waiting for it since they showed it 6 years ago, I’m liking it a lot so far.

12/26/18 5:49 PM
1/1/01

Everybody's Golf, Spider-Man, on PS4 and Far Cry 5 on PC. 

God of War, RDR 2, and Horizon Zero Dawn are next.

12/26/18 6:57 PM
11/11/11

Metroid fusion lol of all the random things. Recently needed a metroid fix and realized i could barely remember this game because I ran through it quick in college over ten years ago.

Fire pro world  is an ongoing life long passion

Recently beat megaman 11 and 10.

Occasionally playing smash bros and its awesome.

12/26/18 9:24 PM
4/21/09
DaveFu -

Everybody's Golf, Spider-Man, on PS4 and Far Cry 5 on PC. 

God of War, RDR 2, and Horizon Zero Dawn are next.

How is Spiderman? I have it but been so wrapped up in RDR2 I haven't even installed it yet. The few gameplay videos I've seen look very promising though. I might try and diven in this weekend if it's worth it. 

I also just downloaded mortal combat XL because it's 5 freaking bucks on PSN. Will prob be awhile before I actually play that one as well. 

12/26/18 9:25 PM
5/14/06

I just got Steep w six friends and it’s great 

12/26/18 9:27 PM
5/14/06

I’ve been playing DayZ with some friends and it’s hilarious that they called this the final release but it still has its moments and the world really is beautiful now.  

12/26/18 10:31 PM
1/1/01
2JupitersTooMany - 

Going to try this out soon. PS+ game for January
12/26/18 10:41 PM
5/14/06
cleophus -
2JupitersTooMany - 

Going to try this out soon. PS+ game for January

We were all kicking ourselves because we just saw today that it’s going to be free on PS4, but to be fair playing on a PC is more satisfying for me and worth the 10 bucks. Really fun playing with friends though. The Olympics expansion is great. The downhill stuff is fast and hard. Like Randy Couture. But faster.