GeekGround 15 year anniversary Avatar: The Last Airbender

22 days ago
1/1/01
From https://www.cbr.com/avatar-last-airbender-steelbook-collection/

To celebrate 15 years since the show's debut, all three seasons of Nickelodeon's hit series Avatar: The Last Airbender will be coming to Blu-ray in the form of a new steelbook collection.

Next February, the three books of the animated series will debut on Blu-ray in a limited steelbook featuring artwork by Caleb Thomas. According to the press release, Avatar co-creator Bryan Konietzko personally chose Thomas for the task after seeing his work online. Only 20,000 units of the steelbook will be released.

The collection will have a price tag of $97.99, but it will offer plenty of bonus features alongside the episodes. There are 11 featurettes (including an interview with M. Night Shyamalan), commentary from the actors and creators, animatics of several episodes, and Escape From the Spirit World, an animated graphic novel. The Avatar Super Deformed Shorts will also be included.

Avatar launched a franchise after becoming a hit, leading to a maligned live-action film and a follow-up series, Legend of Korra, which ran for four seasons. Recently, it was announced that the show's original creators would return for a live-action series from Netflix, which looks to retell the beats of the first show.

Avatar: The Last Airbender – The Complete Series Blu-ray 15th Anniversary Limited Edition Steelbook Collection arrives on February 18, 2020.
19 days ago
6/22/09

Such a good series. 

Iroh is one of my favorite characters of all-time.

18 days ago
3/7/05
Oh I thought this was a tribute thread for the movie... damn.
14 days ago
12/10/16

If you enjoyed Avatar, there is a show on Netflix called The Dragon Prince that has been created with a fairly similar style to it. It's more medival European lore than East Asian but it's still good. Similar animation and focus on character development. 

11 days ago
3/7/05
Damn, I slow pitched that movie joke in there and no one slammed it? I am disappointed!