GeekGround Captain Marvel Trailer 2

8 days ago
2/27/03

8 days ago
6/1/07
Not bad, though I hate that they felt the need to explain her punching the old lady in the face from the first trailer. I thought that was a brilliant and hilarious bit of fan service, and they wasted it by explaining it in the second trailer.
8 days ago
12/10/16

First one made me think this movie will be good. 

This makes me temper those expectations a bit. Not sure it's gonna be my cup of tea.

8 days ago
1/1/01
Not sure if my expectations are just higher or what, but this trailer does nothing for me. It's practically a glorified episode of Agents of SHIELD.
7 days ago
3/7/05
I am not floored by it, but I am interested. The problem now is the bar has been set so high. I have not seen Antman and Wasp yet, so the last four Marvel films for me are Avengers IW, BP, Thor 3 and Spiderman. Four of the best they have done to date. It is going to be really hard for CM to live up to that.
Edited: 7 days ago
6/1/07
If you liked Ant-Man, you'll like Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Ghost was a much better villain than Yellowjacket. The only people who didn't like it were the men's rights whiners who were pissed off that Ant-Man is played for laughs while the Wasp is played as the more competent hero, refusing to take into account that Paul Rudd was cast for that very reason, and that Evangeline Lilly's character is only there to act as a foil for him. Rudd and Michael Pena are the stars of those movies. Lilly is just the straight man eye candy (both literally and figuratively).

Personally, I love the Ant-Man movies. Marvel realized that the whole concept of an ant-sized superhero is ridiculous, so they play it for laughs and it works beautifully. I also think it was brilliant of them to go with the Scott Lang version instead of the Hank Pym version. Pym is just another boring super-genius with super-powers who is smarter than everyone in the room and has a giant ego. It's one of the most played out comic tropes in existence (Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, etc). Lang, as a dim ex-con with a heart of gold who is always trying to do the right thing but never quite pulls it off, is a much more interesting character.
7 days ago
3/7/05
I liked the first one, and yes Michael Pena stole the show in that one. I would have rented the sequel but the on demand version is only standard def. WTF is with that? Not watching a marvel film in standard def.
7 days ago
5/4/04

Still looks like Green Lantern.  But will see it nonethelss

7 days ago
3/7/05
Steve4192 - If you liked Ant-Man, you'll like Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Ghost was a much better villain than Yellowjacket. The only people who didn't like it were the men's rights whiners who were pissed off that Ant-Man is played for laughs while the Wasp is played as the more competent hero, refusing to take into account that Paul Rudd was cast for that very reason, and that Evangeline Lilly's character is only there to act as a foil for him. Rudd and Michael Pena are the stars of those movies. Lilly is just the straight man eye candy (both literally and figuratively).

Personally, I love the Ant-Man movies. Marvel realized that the whole concept of an ant-sized superhero is ridiculous, so they play it for laughs and it works beautifully. I also think it was brilliant of them to go with the Scott Lang version instead of the Hank Pym version. Pym is just another boring super-genius with super-powers who is smarter than everyone in the room and has a giant ego. It's one of the most played out comic tropes in existence (Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, etc). Lang, as a dim ex-con with a heart of gold who is always trying to do the right thing but never quite pulls it off, is a much more interesting character.

And isn't there a version of Pym that is a wife beater? Try to use him as the hero of the movie and some people will run wild with that. "MCU Promotes Wife Beating"
7 days ago
6/8/08

Trailer 2 for me was a disappointment. 

I have no problem at all  with her being the saviour of the story so far (if that is, what's going to happen). In the comics, she did reach some incredible power levels at times, so it checks out. 

But the problem is: Brie just can't sell me that she's mad, bursting with energy, powerful etc. All these moments from the trailer just... look acted. She just always looks like a cool girlfriend who's great to hang out with. 

The CGI her, is not very good, actually, kinda bad. This might also explain, why it was the cheapest Marvel movie so far (recent superhero movies). Cheaper than Ant Man.

The story - the way it comes across in the Trailer, also is not really gripping me. 

but like I said previously: Marvel has almost never disappointed, so I'll just wait and go see it and then will decide. 

@BigWilliam: Antman 2 is just great. You liked the first, you'll love the second. More of the same, no stupid "we gotta shake things up", but just "another episode" of what people liked. Also: They were once again very creative with the powers, in the way the showed and used them, the fight choreography and so on. DC would just have made them "now they're small" and "now they're big, scene over". This is not the case. 

Pena was great, but I really like TI in combination with him lol. They got alot of laughs from me. 

7 days ago
6/1/07
BigWilliam - 
Steve4192 - If you liked Ant-Man, you'll like Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Ghost was a much better villain than Yellowjacket. The only people who didn't like it were the men's rights whiners who were pissed off that Ant-Man is played for laughs while the Wasp is played as the more competent hero, refusing to take into account that Paul Rudd was cast for that very reason, and that Evangeline Lilly's character is only there to act as a foil for him. Rudd and Michael Pena are the stars of those movies. Lilly is just the straight man eye candy (both literally and figuratively).

And isn't there a version of Pym that is a wife beater? Try to use him as the hero of the movie and some people will run wild with that. "MCU Promotes Wife Beating"

Yep.

Comic Pym is just an awful 'hero'. It's one thing to give a super-smart Mary Sue character like him a fatal flaw, kind of like they did with Tony Stark being an alcoholic, but Pym is nothing but flaws. He's the worst case scenario of a super genius who is ridiculously insecure, who beats his wife, who hates himself, who is suicidal, etc. He's just a fucking mess.
7 days ago
3/7/05
Valid complaints about Brie Larson. She never seems to get the... rage and drive that comics Carol always seems to have. I don't believe her as a 'warrior bad ass'. Probably should have made a better choice in casting.
7 days ago
6/1/07
BigWilliam - Valid complaints about Brie Larson. She never seems to get the... rage and drive that comics Carol always seems to have. I don't believe her as a 'warrior bad ass'. Probably should have made a better choice in casting.

I'm going to wait and see on Brie. She's a great actress, and Marvel hasn't fucked up a casting decision yet. These are the same people who cast chubby goofball Andy from Parks and Recreation as Star-Lord and he knocked it out of the park. Ditto for casting a booze hound whose career was floundering and was considered a bit of a joke as Tony Stark and watching him fucking own the role. Until they prove otherwise, I'm going to assume Marvel has the Midas touch when it comes to casting.
7 days ago
1/1/01

She stole the golden glow from Bruce Leroy. 

7 days ago
3/22/10

Brie is a good actress but I always imagines Yvonne strahovski as the carol danvers/captain marvel. We will see

6 days ago
6/8/08
Steve4192 -
BigWilliam - Valid complaints about Brie Larson. She never seems to get the... rage and drive that comics Carol always seems to have. I don't believe her as a 'warrior bad ass'. Probably should have made a better choice in casting.

I'm going to wait and see on Brie. She's a great actress, and Marvel hasn't fucked up a casting decision yet. These are the same people who cast chubby goofball Andy from Parks and Recreation as Star-Lord and he knocked it out of the park. Ditto for casting a booze hound whose career was floundering and was considered a bit of a joke as Tony Stark and watching him fucking own the role. Until they prove otherwise, I'm going to assume Marvel has the Midas touch when it comes to casting.

This is how I approach it. I voice my critisism, but immediately point out that Marvel has made me eat crow many times. (and how I like to point out, DC only once, but then in a BIIIG way with Wonder Girl).

6 days ago
3/7/05
I hope I am wrong and she kills it. I am only really going by what I have seen in the trailers at this point. Cannot say I know Brie's other work.
9 hours ago
4/5/08
Steve4192 -

Micheal B Jordan as killmonger...marvel does screw up from time to time 

9 hours ago
6/1/07
Hoyce Chopino - 
Steve4192 -

Uhhh ... I think you are alone on that one. Jordan's Killmonger was considered one of the best villains in the history of the MCU. And with good reason IMO. I thought Jordan did a great job. The only thing I didn't like about Killmonger was that awful CGI-heavy fight at the end of the movie, but that's on Coogler, not Jordan.
9 hours ago
1/1/01
Steve4192 - 
Hoyce Chopino - 
Steve4192 -

Uhhh ... I think you are alone on that one. Jordan's Killmonger was considered one of the best villains in the history of the MCU. And with good reason IMO. I thought Jordan did a great job. The only thing I didn't like about Killmonger was that awful CGI-heavy fight at the end of the movie, but that's on Coogler, not Jordan.

"Kilmonger was considered one of the best villians in the history of the MCU?"

I don't think that's true at all.  Kilmonger might have been one of the more popular villains (not even sure about that, to be honest), but that's not the same thing.

9 hours ago
6/1/07
paw - 
Steve4192 - 
Hoyce Chopino - 
Steve4192 -

I don't think that's true at all.  Kilmonger might have been one of the more popular villains (not even sure about that, to be honest), but that's not the same thing.

It's not like the MCU is brimming with great villains. There's Loki and Thanos and .... uh .... Zemo? Vulture? Alexander Pierce? Most of the MCU villains have been one-dimensional mustache twirlers. Killmonger was one of the few who actually had a good reason for doing what he was doing, and even had a reasonable argument for holding the moral high ground over the supposed hero.
7 hours ago
1/1/01
Steve4192 - 
paw - 
Steve4192 - 
Hoyce Chopino - 
Steve4192 -

It's not like the MCU is brimming with great villains. There's Loki and Thanos and .... uh .... Zemo? Vulture? Alexander Pierce? Most of the MCU villains have been one-dimensional mustache twirlers. Killmonger was one of the few who actually had a good reason for doing what he was doing, and even had a reasonable argument for holding the moral high ground over the supposed hero.

Loki, Thanos, Hela, The Winter Soldier, Vulture, Crossbones just off the top of my head.  I wouldn't say any of them were mustache twirlers and had motivation/reasons at least as valid as Kilmonger.

This might be my bias, as I felt Black Panther (and Kilmonger) was a tremendously over-rated film.