GeekGround Color me concerned (X-Men)

12 days ago
1/1/01
From https://www.newsarama.com/49474-x-men-editor-teases-post-x-of-swords-plans.html

X-Men Group Editor Jordan D. White has opened up about what's coming for Marvel's mutants following their upcoming summer crossover X of Swords, including plans for a series of special issues.

"We’ve got lots of ideas for what comes next," White told Newsarama. "In fact we’ve begun cooking a new series of specials that starts after X of Swords is over that everyone involved is really excited about... but it’s too early to tell you much about those. Soon!"

It's unclear if these specials are part of Marvel's previously noted X-Men plans for December, which White foreshadowed in January  prior to X of Swords' announcement. The X-Men line has included a series of Giant-Size X-Men one-shots focusing on individual characters, with artist Russell Dauterman recently announced to wrap up the series of five one-shots with a Storm-centric tale. This could be a similar format for the post-X of Swords specials.
12 days ago
1/1/01

paw comments:  IIRC, X of Swords is being written by Hickman (primarily) and call me biased, but I forgive Hickamn everything at this point and consider him one of the best writers currently in comics. But when editors are excited to talk about what happens afterwards, it brings to mind all the Marvel events that were "meh".  But the fans were supposed to be excited about the "meh" because "Look at what this sets up".

Color me grumpy, but a good story should be a good story. A crummy story that ends with lots of possibilities is still a crummy story. And for my money, there were more than a few Marvel events that were crummy stories (most of the events since 2010 seem to fit).

To be fair, kudos to Marvel for having a plan and trying to be consistent through the entire X-Men line of books. This X-Man appreciates that tremendously (although I'm still p!ssed about Kitty/Peter)

10 days ago
12/10/16

Wasn't the most recent X-men storyline that Wolverine and Cyclops sucked each others dicks? 

The crazies have taken over the comic industry. Only the movies are going to represent these characters well, and even those are slipping down the SJW slope. 

10 days ago
1/1/01
Abradolf Lincler -

Wasn't the most recent X-men storyline that Wolverine and Cyclops sucked each others dicks? 

The crazies have taken over the comic industry. Only the movies are going to represent these characters well, and even those are slipping down the SJW slope. 

If you actually think that happened, I have ocean front property in Montana for sale...very cheap.

Edited: 9 days ago
6/30/09

Ive been trying desperately to power through the new xmen series and its been a slog. Basically im down to just the main book and. Xforce. I speed thru Excalibur because apocalypse but the other books are just trash. The jean grey+Emma frost solo book was good but the cable solo was flipping awful (geez i hate young cable) and if it's the first book in this "swords" series, i do not have high hopes.

8 days ago
12/10/16
paw -
Abradolf Lincler -

If you actually think that happened, I have ocean front property in Montana for sale...very cheap.

Just because they put Jean Grey in there to have a devil's threeway doesn't make Wolverine or Cyclops any less gay. 

8 days ago
1/1/01
Abradolf Lincler - 
paw -
Abradolf Lincler -

Just because they put Jean Grey in there to have a devil's threeway doesn't make Wolverine or Cyclops any less gay. 

Either you need to work on your troll game or you really have no idea what you are talking about. Although now that I"ve typed that I suppose both could be true.

Have fun flexing in front of your monitor and have a nice day.

8 days ago
10/11/18
paw - 
Abradolf Lincler -

While they will never confirm one way or another because they're cowards they will continue to tease the hell out of it to keep getting their virtue signalling brownie points. Much like that Lesbian kiss in Rise of Skywlaker. Included it to pander to LGBT crowd. Made it easily removable by making them non important characters to pander to China.
7 days ago
1/1/01
Mr Karate - 
paw - 
Abradolf Lincler -

While they will never confirm one way or another because they're cowards they will continue to tease the hell out of it to keep getting their virtue signalling brownie points. Much like that Lesbian kiss in Rise of Skywlaker. Included it to pander to LGBT crowd. Made it easily removable by making them non important characters to pander to China.

So you're saying that the company that had bi/trans characters before that was a thing, the company that has had gay marriages and flat out said Iceman and Pyro had sex is suddenly going to find this a bridge too far.

Suuuure. 

7 days ago
3/7/05
Am so glad I tuned out X Men right after Hickman ended his set up. It just had all the signs it was not going to weather well.
6 days ago
12/10/16
paw -
Abradolf Lincler - 
paw -
Abradolf Lincler -

Either you need to work on your troll game or you really have no idea what you are talking about. Although now that I"ve typed that I suppose both could be true.

Wtf are you talking about? That's literally the story I saw.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/10/16/marvel-x-men-1-cyclops-wolverine-jean-grey-love-triangle-threesome-polyamorous/

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-polyamorous-relationship-marauders-pyro/

https://www.polygon.com/2019/10/16/20916145/x-men-1-wolverine-cyclops-jean-grey-love-triangle-hickman

The fuck you getting so mad over this shit for? 

6 days ago
1/1/01
Abradolf Lincler - 
paw -
Abradolf Lincler - 
paw -
Abradolf Lincler -

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/10/16/marvel-x-men-1-cyclops-wolverine-jean-grey-love-triangle-threesome-polyamorous/

https://www.polygon.com/2019/10/16/20916145/x-men-1-wolverine-cyclops-jean-grey-love-triangle-hickman

What makes you think I'm mad? Is that a new "thing"? If someone doesn't agree with you they must be "mad"?

I'm just pointing out your claims are false and always have been. In the off chance that aren't trolling I'll explain this again and then I'm done. Honestly, the only people who actually believe the links you posted:

• don't read comics
  • or have HUGE issues 
  • I suppose both coud be true
and I'm being very kind.

The articles you posted are perfect examples of someone taking 1 adding 1 and getting 74. They are making all sorts of assumptions about things that AREN'T on the page and twisting the meaning of everything to get the result they want and then they are reporting it as IF IT MUST BE TRUE. That's disingenious at best. And if you actually read the comics, you would know that.

Marvel has literally and clearly shown in artwork and words in comics they published:
  • gay, bi and trans characters
  • had gay kisses
  • had gay marriages
  • has shown characters having sex (granted in a pg-13 way, but it's very clear)
  • has had gay/straight characters talking about how they had sex 
  • has shown incest in alternate universe stories 
  • retconned popular characters to be gay and bi (Iceman immediately comes to mind)
but this is the time Marvel is going to be "wink, wink, nudge, nudge, read between the lines"? Suuuuure.

Those articles are the same thing as saying "Superman is a serial killer. DC just doesn't show that on the page, but if you look at this picture and this dialog and read between the lines.....". That's just nonsense and everyone knows it. 

As the old saying goes, you can't disprove a negative. If you want to believe something that isn't in the pages, no one can stop you. But as I said before, I'm done. The reason is simple: if you insist that things that aren't on the page are true, we (you and I) have no basis to have a conversation. It's not possible. I'm presenting demonstratively true facts and you're talking about mystical unicorns that only exist in your head. Without common ground it's pointless.

6 days ago
12/10/16
paw -
Abradolf Lincler - 
paw -
Abradolf Lincler - 
paw -
Abradolf Lincler -

What makes you think I'm mad? Is that a new "thing"? If someone doesn't agree with you they must be "mad"?

I'm just pointing out your claims are false and always have been. In the off chance that aren't trolling I'll explain this again and then I'm done. Honestly, the only people who actually believe the links you posted:

• don't read comics
  • or have HUGE issues 
and I'm being very kind.

The articles you posted are perfect examples of someone taking 1 adding 1 and getting 74. They are making all sorts of assumptions about things that AREN'T on the page and twisting the meaning of everything to get the result they want and then they are reporting it as IF IT MUST BE TRUE. That's disingenious at best. And if you actually read the comics, you would know that.

Marvel has literally and clearly shown in artwork and words in comics they published:
  • had gay kisses
  • had gay marriages
  • retconned popular characters to be gay and bi (Iceman immediately comes to mind)
but this is the time Marvel is going to be "wink, wink, nudge, nudge, read between the lines"? Suuuuure.

Those articles are the same thing as saying "Superman is a serial killer. DC just doesn't show that on the page, but if you look at this picture and this dialog and read between the lines.....". That's just nonsense and everyone knows it. 

As the old saying goes, you can't disprove a negative. If you want to believe something that isn't in the pages, no one can stop you. But as I said before, I'm done. The reason is simple: if you insist that things that aren't on the page are true, we (you and I) have no basis to have a conversation. It's not possible. I'm presenting demonstratively true facts and you're talking about mystical unicorns that only exist in your head. Without common ground it's pointless.

Lol, you're right I don't read the comics because they have gay shit like Wolverine sucking Cyclops dicks, and even when you come to discuss it there are fanboys like you who whig out and post paragraph after paragraph gatekeeping the fucking fandom. 

No wonder this subforum is just you spamming links to yourself all day and commentating to yourself. Fucking dick. 

6 days ago
1/1/01
Abradolf Lincler - 
paw -
Abradolf Lincler - 
paw -
Abradolf Lincler - 
paw -
Abradolf Lincler -

• don't read comics
  • or have HUGE issues 
and I'm being very kind.

• had gay kisses
  • had gay marriages

Lol, you're right I don't read the comics because they have gay shit like Wolverine sucking Cyclops dicks, and even when you come to discuss it there are fanboys like you who whig out and post paragraph after paragraph gatekeeping the fucking fandom. 

No wonder this subforum is just you spamming links to yourself all day and commentating to yourself. Fucking dick. 

I'm not you've realized that you are here by choice. So let me make this clear: you don't have to come to this subforum, nor do you have to participate in threads.

6 days ago
1/18/03
Not sure why you won't take the loss on this one Abradolf. You are arguing with a guy that actually reads the comics. The sites you've listed are known for click bait articles and have gotten things wrong before. Unless the comic specifically says Cyclops and Wolverine are doing the deed then they aren't.
6 days ago
3/7/05
To me it does not matter if Wolverine and Cyclops did the nasty or not. I have ALWAYS HATED that bullshit relationship with Jean playing both of them and both of them being complete suckers. This is just another crap version of the same crap story line.
6 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam - To me it does not matter if Wolverine and Cyclops did the nasty or not. I have ALWAYS HATED that bullshit relationship with Jean playing both of them and both of them being complete suckers. This is just another crap version of the same crap story line.

Jean is ....

Well, when I first started reading X-Men, I would have said that Jean had no personality, she was just "the girlfriend" or "the love interest". She wasn't terribly interesting by herself. Then she died a few times.

Then Bendis pulled the original X-Men from the past and brought them to the present. On the plus side, Jean finally had a personality. On the minus side, Jean was a horrible human being (I know she's fictional, but I think you get the point): she was tremendously hypocritical, mean, nasty and self-centered. Then the young Jean went back to the past.

Now Jean's back and she really hasn't done anything so far. She's back to "the love interest", which isn't very interesting to me, but of course, ymmv.

Anyway a long way to get to this point: I pretty much agree with you. Wolverine's had more important relationships and Cyclops is better off with Emma (who actually loves him, and has a personality).

6 days ago
3/7/05
paw - 
BigWilliam - To me it does not matter if Wolverine and Cyclops did the nasty or not. I have ALWAYS HATED that bullshit relationship with Jean playing both of them and both of them being complete suckers. This is just another crap version of the same crap story line.

Jean is ....

Well, when I first started reading X-Men, I would have said that Jean had no personality, she was just "the girlfriend" or "the love interest". She wasn't terribly interesting by herself. Then she died a few times.

Then Bendis pulled the original X-Men from the past and brought them to the present. On the plus side, Jean finally had a personality. On the minus side, Jean was a horrible human being (I know she's fictional, but I think you get the point): she was tremendously hypocritical, mean, nasty and self-centered. Then the young Jean went back to the past.

Now Jean's back and she really hasn't done anything so far. She's back to "the love interest", which isn't very interesting to me, but of course, ymmv.

Anyway a long way to get to this point: I pretty much agree with you. Wolverine's had more important relationships and Cyclops is better off with Emma (who actually loves him, and has a personality).

And it always irritated me that neither of them was man enough to just tell her, make a choice or fuck off. Don't let someone play you like that for year after year. The only way, for me, to redeem that was come out that Jean was using telepathy to keep them both on the hook. That gives all three of them some depth and texture while making the situation make some kind of sense.
6 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam - 
paw - 

Jean is ....

And it always irritated me that neither of them was man enough to just tell her, make a choice or fuck off. Don't let someone play you like that for year after year. The only way, for me, to redeem that was come out that Jean was using telepathy to keep them both on the hook. That gives all three of them some depth and texture while making the situation make some kind of sense.

That's a pretty good resolution and would fit into the characterization of Jean that Bendis started.

5 days ago
12/10/16
JLK - Not sure why you won't take the loss on this one Abradolf. You are arguing with a guy that actually reads the comics. The sites you've listed are known for click bait articles and have gotten things wrong before. Unless the comic specifically says Cyclops and Wolverine are doing the deed then they aren't.

Didn't realize this was a contest, lol. 

Thought it was a place to come and talk about comics freely. 

Wtf am I supposed to "take a loss" on? Is talking about comics like Call of Duty to you or something? 

I literally do not read the comics because they're super woke, and because the other side is full of gatekeeping neckbeards like you and paw. 

So... congrats? You neckbeard gatekeeped me out of the conversation? 

Good job! You win! You're the best virgin! 

Now paw can keep spamming himself opinions while his loser club of 4 active users licks his asshole to propel his shitty ass gatekeeping.

No one knows as much about comics as you, paw! WOW! Congrats! You can totally prove it by being a fucking loser and proving that over and over and making sure no one with a single chin wants to talk to you.