GeekGround Cowboy Bebop Movie

7/21/20 1:32 PM
3/7/05
So Netflix is doing live Cowboy Bebop. But... John Cho as Spike? Come on, that guy is comedy relief. He looks like Edward would kick his ass. The rest of the casting seems fine, but damn. And I don't see Edward on the cast list? How?
7/21/20 1:42 PM
1/1/01

I actually don't mind Cho as Spike. 

My big concern is what story are they going to tell. If they faithfully follow the series, well, I've already seen that. 

7/21/20 6:12 PM
3/7/05
I just don't see Cho pulling it off at all. Not the delivery, not the underlying feel of menace. It's like having eisenberg play Luthor. They maybe should have gone with someone lesser known that could really do the part justice.
7/21/20 6:38 PM
10/27/03

It’s not a movie it’s a series.

Should have been out by now but Cho tore his knee up in rehearsals a year ago.

I don’t mind him but he’s not an athletic dude and had spoken out in the past about the stereotype of Asian guys knowing martial arts and it not being his thing.

Guessing the fight scenes will be Iron Fist level quality...

Edited: 7/22/20 12:00 AM
1/1/01
Should have just gotten Hollywood's greatest asian actor.... Keanu.
7/22/20 7:34 AM
1/1/01
BigWilliam - I just don't see Cho pulling it off at all. Not the delivery, not the underlying feel of menace. It's like having eisenberg play Luthor. They maybe should have gone with someone lesser known that could really do the part justice.

Interesting. I never got the feeling of menace from Spike watching the series.

7/22/20 10:02 PM
12/27/19

I wanna see a tri gun live action. I thought the story for the full metal alchemist story was meh, but the character were spot on and special effects looked good

7/23/20 9:45 AM
3/7/05
paw - 
BigWilliam - I just don't see Cho pulling it off at all. Not the delivery, not the underlying feel of menace. It's like having eisenberg play Luthor. They maybe should have gone with someone lesser known that could really do the part justice.

Menace, bad assery, competence in a fight, whatever you want to call it, John Cho doesn't have it.
7/23/20 5:30 PM
1/1/01
BigWilliam -
paw - 

Menace, bad assery, competence in a fight, whatever you want to call it, John Cho doesn't have it.

Ah. Didn't Cho have a fight scene in Star Trek?

7/24/20 4:08 AM
1/1/01
paw - 
BigWilliam -
paw - 

Ah. Didn't Cho have a fight scene in Star Trek?

IIRC, it was a stunt-double doing flying karate kicks!
7/28/20 10:06 AM
3/7/05
He did have a fight scene, but it was kind of a throw away reference to Sulu doing fencing in a Star Trek episode. But this is more what I see as his inability to come off like a bad ass in general.
7/29/20 4:47 PM
10/11/18
They'll screw it up some how.

I hope they leave Black Lagoon alone.
7/29/20 6:23 PM
1/1/01
Mr Karate - They'll screw it up some how.

A live action Black Lagoon could be wonderful.

8/6/20 2:38 PM
10/11/18
paw - 

They'll find a way to screw it up. Like remove the Christianity influence from the Lovelace family [which is crucial to Roberta's quest for redemption] or something stupid.
8/6/20 2:46 PM
1/1/01
Mr Karate - 
paw - 

They'll find a way to screw it up. Like remove the Christianity influence from the Lovelace family [which is crucial to Roberta's quest for redemption] or something stupid.

I LOVE Roberta.She's awesome

8/6/20 7:53 PM
10/11/18
paw - 
Mr Karate - 
paw - 

I LOVE Roberta.She's awesome

Roberta was awesome. They did her dirty in the OVA compared to the manga though.