GeekGround DC can't keep it's current continuity straight

20 days ago
1/1/01

Here's the link that explains in detail (WARNING: SPOILERS and HEADACHE)

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02/05/justice-league-40-before-snyder-alfred-alice-superman/

NON-SPOILER version:

The writer of Justice League (Scott Synder) goes on twitter and says when Justice League #40 takes place. Only that cannot be true because it contradicts, well...everything (not really. Just Superman, Action Comics and Justice League...and probably Lois Lane).

20 days ago
1/1/01

I know I'm kicking a dead horse at this point, but this is why I've dropped nearly all DC comics. How Dan Didio still has a job is utterly beyond me. 

20 days ago
3/7/05

How is this all affected by WW being retconned to be the basis of all super heroes in the DC universe? Whatever, DC is a damn dumpster fire and Marvel is not far from it. I have not bought a title from either in months now. I am all indie and back issue collected.

20 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam - How is this all affected by WW being retconned to be the basis of all super heroes in the DC universe? Whatever, DC is a damn dumpster fire and Marvel is not far from it. I have not bought a title from either in months now. I am all indie and back issue collected.

Keeping in mind that I'm not reading DC, my perception is that the WW retcon is being completely ignored, just like all things WW. 

WW doesn't matter to DC (I'm talking about the comics here). Never has. I challenge anyone to mention anything that WW did that was significant to the DCU. I'll wait....

20 days ago
8/20/16

Whaaaat? When did Wonder Woman just become the basis for DC superheroes? What's the deal? I thought they just made Dr. Manhattan the basis for DC superheroes.

Fucking D.C..

19 days ago
3/7/05
blabbermouth - 

Whaaaat? When did Wonder Woman just become the basis for DC superheroes? What's the deal? I thought they just made Dr. Manhattan the basis for DC superheroes.

Fucking D.C..

There was a thread about it here recently. They retconned the time line to WW was the first super hero to show up in 1939 and all the others were inspired to follow her example. She would then be the basis for the JSA. This was in a recent WW book I think.
19 days ago
3/7/05

Found it, link to WW 750 here.

https://www.newsarama.com/48569-wonder-woman-750-marks-the-debut-of-dc-s-new-official-timeline-with-scott-snyder-bryan-hitch.html

14 days ago
8/20/16

Ok, that's not so terrible. I thought they just retconned the universe again.

14 days ago
8/20/16

No chance in Hell I'll read it, though.