GeekGround Dark Phoenix help

13 days ago
5/4/04

Just started watching Dark Phoenix.  Unclear on a few things.  So its set in 1992.  Xmen First Class was the early 60s.  So how did the Beast Xavier and Mystique not age?  Assuming they become Patrick Stewart Kelsey Grammar and Rebecca Romjin 10 years after this?

12 days ago
3/7/05
It's X-Men tradition for timelines not to make sense.
12 days ago
1/1/01

Your first mistake was watching Dark Phoenix. 

Your second mistake is trying to figure out how it fits in with the other Fox movies.

My advice is not worry about such things and to forget you ever watched the films.

12 days ago
1/1/01
jujitsujamo - 

Just started watching Dark Phoenix.  Unclear on a few things.  So its set in 1992.  Xmen First Class was the early 60s.  So how did the Beast Xavier and Mystique not age?  Assuming they become Patrick Stewart Kelsey Grammar and Rebecca Romjin 10 years after this?

I can't answer Beast or Xavier, but Mystique's a shapeshifter. That removes aging (unless intentional) from the entire equation.
12 days ago
5/4/04

Finished it last night.  Wasnt completely horrible.  Cant determine if it was better or worse than the first time they tried a Dark Phoenix movie.  

I started reading Xmen during the Dark Phoenix saga.  Certainly not easy to translate to film in 2 hours.

12 days ago
1/18/06
jujitsujamo - 

Finished it last night.  Wasnt completely horrible.  Cant determine if it was better or worse than the first time they tried a Dark Phoenix movie.  

I started reading Xmen during the Dark Phoenix saga.  Certainly not easy to translate to film in 2 hours.

If you just started reading the actual Dark Phoenix saga then you should realize after a single page that the movie Dark Phoenix is entirely unrelated to that story other than sharing SOME of the characters, and not even close to all of the important ones.
12 days ago
5/4/04

Obviously one of the main differences between Marvel and Fox is that Marvel is able to tie the stories together and not completely shit on the source material.

11 days ago
1/1/01
It's not meant to make sense. The decades gimmick is simply to give each movie an aesthetic feel. 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s. Don't think too hard about it!

That's my take anyway.