GeekGround Finally saw Titans (season 1)

7/8/19 10:49 AM
1/1/01

Short review: Meh. Might be ok if you pretend this is "ultimate" version of the Teen Titans.

Longer review: Not really the Teen Titans but the story was ok. Lots of characterization problems (IMO, really got Dick and Kori wrong. Donna Troy was off as well). Felt like they pulled the "this is a dream/happening only in someone's imagination"card way too often.

The best written episodes were by Geoff Johns - and those were the only ones that had solid characterization. Ever other episode missed the boat.

My god...the body count on this series was crazy - we're talking Punisher level violence.

Overall it felt like the writing staff (with the exception of Johns) doesn't know these characters and were told to be as dark and gritty as possible for some reason. Which doesn't really work for these characters, imo.

7/8/19 3:12 PM
12/25/12
paw -

Short review: Meh. Might be ok if you pretend this is "ultimate" version of the Teen Titans.

Longer review: Not really the Teen Titans but the story was ok. Lots of characterization problems (IMO, really got Dick and Kori wrong. Donna Troy was off as well). Felt like they pulled the "this is a dream/happening only in someone's imagination"card way too often.

The best written episodes were by Geoff Johns - and those were the only ones that had solid characterization. Ever other episode missed the boat.

My god...the body count on this series was crazy - we're talking Punisher level violence.

Overall it felt like the writing staff (with the exception of Johns) doesn't know these characters and were told to be as dark and gritty as possible for some reason. Which doesn't really work for these characters, imo.

I agree. The hawk and dove story was way to dark and they didn't even have powers they basically just made some shit up.

7/15/19 5:58 PM
6/8/08

Thanks for the review!

7/16/19 9:27 AM
3/7/05
Where is this available at?
7/16/19 9:35 AM
1/1/01
BigWilliam - Where is this available at?

My local public library had the complete season one, which is how I watched it. 

7/16/19 10:34 AM
3/7/05
Is it on Netflix or Amazon though?
7/17/19 11:41 AM
1/1/01
BigWilliam - Is it on Netflix or Amazon though?

I don't think so. :(  I think DC/WB wants to force you to subscribe to their service to see it.

7/17/19 11:49 AM
3/7/05
Ahhhh, library it is. Screw them.