GeekGround G. Willow Wilson to write Wonder Woman!

5 days ago
1/1/01
From https://www.cbr.com/g-willow-wilson-new-wonder-woman-writer/

DC Comics has announced that G. Willow Wilson (Ms. Marvel) will be the new writer on the Wonder Woman ongoing series. Joining Wilson is artist Cary Nord, who recently launched The Unexpected with writer Steve Orlando for The New Age of DC Heroes.

The announcement came in today’s DC All Access video. Wilson will begin her run on Wonder Woman in November, with the first story arc titled, “The Just War.”

“I’m delighted to be writing such an iconic character as Wonder Woman and to be working with DC once again,” Wilson said in a DC press release. “With more than 75 years of history, Wonder Woman has a wealth of backstory and drama to draw from, and I look forward to putting a spin on Diana and her supporting cast that’s both new, yet familiar. It’ll be a challenge to do her justice, but I like a challenge and can’t wait to get started.”

“Willow’s return to DC to write WONDER WOMAN is an incredible opportunity for us, and we couldn’t be more excited,” DC Publisher Dan DiDio said. “Keeping our core audience engaged requires having the best storytellers around, and she’s definitely a great addition to our current list of writing talent.”

Wilson is the currently writing Ms. Marvel for Marvel Comics. Her previous works at DC Comics include Superman, Vixen and The Outsiders, along with Cairo and Air at Vertigo.

G. Willow Wilson and Cary Nord begin their run with Wonder Woman #58, on sale November 14 from DC Comics.
5 days ago
1/1/01

paw comments:  YMMV, but I would say G. Willow Wilson is one of Marvel's best writers.  She's only writing Ms. Marvel at the moment, so if she leaves that title...well, that will be interesting to see what will happen.

WW is a character that I've never gotten into.  To be honestly, I haven't read a WW story that I liked (or at least none that I can think of).  But, WW is supposed to be an A-list character, so kudos to Wilson for getting the gig.

5 days ago
3/7/05
Better than Bendis writing Superman.
5 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam - Better than Bendis writing Superman.

Well...that's kinda a low bar.