GeekGround Is it 3 Jokers in DC or just 1?

22 days ago
1/18/03

I received this month's previews and there is the Joker 80th anniversary 100 page super spectacular being advertised.  It says "The Clown Prince of Crime celebrates 80 years of chaos! The Joker has been the greatest villain in comics since his debut and to celebrate..."  Everything is in the singular.  Is this just supposed to be about the original joker?  They talk about his history with Gotham City, Arkham and the police.

22 days ago
1/1/01
JLK - 

I received this month's previews and there is the Joker 80th anniversary 100 page super spectacular being advertised.  It says "The Clown Prince of Crime celebrates 80 years of chaos! The Joker has been the greatest villain in comics since his debut and to celebrate..."  Everything is in the singular.  Is this just supposed to be about the original joker?  They talk about his history with Gotham City, Arkham and the police.

No idea what is in continuity for DC anymore. 

21 days ago
3/7/05

Wait they had 3 Jokers?

Edited: 21 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam - Wait they had 3 Jokers?

Yes. Maybe. I have no idea.

It wasn't until Justice League #50 that readers learned what Batman already knew. According to the Mobius Chair "There are three". Three Jokers! It was a revelation that sent waves through the DC Comics fan base. But as DC enters the second year in Post-Flashpoint continuity, none of the Clown Princes of Crime have graced the pages of DC Comics. And The publisher has remained tight-lipped about when that might change.

Until this weekend. At C2E2 in Chicago, fans got some answers during a Batman Q&A. When asked when readers can expect an answer to the three Jokers question, Batman group editor Jamie S. Rich replied "It is underway... Jay Fabok is underway on pages now. There are some scripts from Geoff [Johns]. It's coming."

Read https://www.nerditherefirst.com/new-clue-in-three-jokers-mystery/ for one take of the whole story. I'd google for more, but this makes my head hurt.

One other important note, that article was from April, 2018 - less than two years ago.

21 days ago
3/7/05

I imagine the DC offices being like a scene out of some Lord of the Flies, post apocalyptic movie with shades of the Office mixed in. Warring factions, conference rooms ablaze, some editor mumbling about a red stapler and retcons staggering through the rubble.

21 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam - I imagine the DC offices being like a scene out of some Lord of the Flies, post apocalyptic movie with shades of the Office mixed in. Warring factions, conference rooms ablaze, some editor mumbling about a red stapler and retcons staggering through the rubble.

Sounds about right.

21 days ago
1/18/03

As a comic book fan this shit pisses me off.  It's no wonder I dropped all my DC titles and switched to Manga.  Read the first three books of Goblin Slayer year 1, what a great read.  Going to order the regular series when I go to the LCS.  Already reading Berserk, One Piece, started Alita Battle Angel (but with the book after the main series fucked up and ordered the wrong one), My Hero Acedemia, Death Note, Blade of the Immortal, and I think one other that I'm forgeting.  Had it not been for DC fucking up I would never have read these gems.

20 days ago
1/1/01
JLK - 

As a comic book fan this shit pisses me off.  It's no wonder I dropped all my DC titles and switched to Manga.  Read the first three books of Goblin Slayer year 1, what a great read.  Going to order the regular series when I go to the LCS.  Already reading Berserk, One Piece, started Alita Battle Angel (but with the book after the main series fucked up and ordered the wrong one), My Hero Acedemia, Death Note, Blade of the Immortal, and I think one other that I'm forgeting.  Had it not been for DC fucking up I would never have read these gems.

I am a HUGE Blade of the Immortal fanboy. Samura is starting a new manga soon, the name of which escapes me. It has to do with a waitress working in late night radio.

Goblin Slayer has been pretty solid. I particularly love how Goblin Slayer is utterly ruthless (and intelligent) in his business. He acts how someone in those situations would act. It's a nice change of pace from the character acting like they are in a video game and there's no fear of injury or death.

20 days ago
11/16/08

As many as they want.  They're using the cop out that the Joker isn't really a character but an idea that anyone willing to put on makeup and a smile can identify as.

20 days ago
1/18/03
paw -
JLK - 

I am a HUGE Blade of the Immortal fanboy. Samura is starting a new manga soon, the name of which escapes me. It has to do with a waitress working in late night radio.

Goblin Slayer has been pretty solid. I particularly love how Goblin Slayer is utterly ruthless (and intelligent) in his business. He acts how someone in those situations would act. It's a nice change of pace from the character acting like they are in a video game and there's no fear of injury or death.

I also enjoy how they throw in RPG terms.  It may take away from the "realism" but I enjoy the humour it adds for me.

19 days ago
3/7/05
I No Kung Foo - 

As many as they want.  They're using the cop out that the Joker isn't really a character but an idea that anyone willing to put on makeup and a smile can identify as.

Because just anyone is THAT batshit crazy, psychotic and sadistic? WOW
19 days ago
11/15/05

So as of right now there is only one joker.

The 3 jokers book was held up because other DC books were also put on hold. The theory is golden age joker, killing joke joker, and modern joker. There has been a ton of multiverse stuff going on and it should tie into all that.

DC has also said it may not be canon but as of right now in the comics they are rrrating it as 1 joker

Edited: 18 days ago
1/1/01
Silhouette - 

DC has also said it may not be canon but ...

DC's official statement on eveything ;)

18 days ago
11/15/05
paw -
Silhouette - 

DC has also said it may not be canon but ...

DC's official statement on eveything ;)

Its true.

Batman/detective was the only big 2 book I was still reading until tom king ruined that. 

14 days ago
10/11/18

I gave up caring years ago because its obvious Didiot and the rest of the clowns at DC ave up caring years ago as well.