GeekGround List Wolverine & Batman pwned

Edited: 8/31/06 12:00 AM
08/08/2003
"he punked DD in one of those same outings. It was clever" Sound bomb. Proved a good point too. Frank chained DD to a tower and strapped a gun to his hand. Pun: "Look mister goody too shoes, I'm about to shoot this mobster. There is one bullet in the gun your holding, if your so gung-ho about stopping me there is only one way your going to do it." DD: "Oh God, No Frank! what's wrong with you? stop!God forgive me!(Pulls trigger *GunSound*) *scene of the mobster dead. Scene of Pun with a smoking sniper rifle* Pun to DD: "The gun in your hand had the firing pin removed. Not such an easy choice is it? Think about it when you wake up." *cold cocks DD Lidell style*
11/22/2005
I never understood why Magneto never just made Wolverine punch himself oin the balls over and over again.
01/01/2001
"he writer of Wonder Man was trying his hardest to make Wonderman popular and relevent...Easiest way to do this ? Write him beating up on someone more badass and popular. Wolverine has gone several rounds w/ the Hulk (Wonderman never could), has beaten the Thing and wendigo. I don't think he's worried about Wonderman." This fight happened in Infinity War, not in a Wonderman book. Plus Wolverine matches up very poorly with Wonderman. Wolvie is faster than Hulk, Thing and Wendigo, not faster than Wonderman who is like a mini superman. BTW, I like both Wolverine and Batman I just don't like that they have so many fan boys that they have to be written like they're almost invincible. Namor would whoop Wolverine but of course the writer had to make in a punch from behind so that Wolvie fans wouldn't cry.
Edited: 8/31/06 7:40 PM
01/01/2001
Double post
05/12/2003
i dont understand why namor would whup wolverine. as has been mentioned before wolverine has fought the hulk and not gotten his face knocked off his skull. namor is not faster than wolverine. he is not a more skilled fighter. and he gets sliced up just as easy as anyone. i would agree that namor is a tough guy and no joke, but his only advantages over wolverine are strength and the little wings on his feet. and since wolverine has hung with the hulk i wouldnt think strength is something wolverine would be all that concerned about.
08/01/2003
"as has been mentioned before wolverine has fought the hulk and not gotten his face knocked off his skull." ...and that's equally ridiculous. One punch from a guy who flattens buildings would turn Wolverine to jelly; the hardness of his skeleton would be irrelevant. And if nuclear blasts can't hurt the Hulk, some knives -- no matter how hard the metal -- wouldn't do shit. Wolverine could never in a billion years generate enough force to penetrate the skin.
01/01/2001
A lot of people have hung with the Hulk. Wolverine matches up ok with Hulk due to his speed and healing factor. His claws are sharp enough to cut Hulks skin. Oh yeah, another great Wolive pwnage was when Wolvie and Hulk were in the Savage Land and Wolvie sliced Hulks throat. Hulk covered his neck fearing it was going to be all fucked up then realized Wolverine had bone claws. "Bone? Hahahahahahaha!" then he proceeded to pummel Wolverine. Has Hulk survived a nuclear blast?
05/11/2004
"No, he found pictures of guys in Punisher's belongings and made comments about him being a fag. The Punisher was yelling that they were targets and adamantly insisting upon his heterosexuality"-------------Wrong. He found a bunch of those weird men's fitness magazines (the really gay ones masked as fitness mags, but filled w/ "Baroni" style homos in daisy dukes all oiled up posing). Punisher didn't even really defend himself well. He sat on his ass and weakly tried to justify it as "research", but it wasn't convincing at all. Punisher is obviously gay and Wolverine also pointed out some of his other gay tendencies and Punisher just sat there....outted.
05/11/2004
"I seem to remember wolverine getting sliced up pretty bad by Shingen."-----------------------------He took one good stab to the trunk (immedietly after fighting and killing over 100 of Shingen's Hand assasins) . He then immedietly popped his claws through Shingen's head. Short fight (less than 2 pages)and he was never off his feet.
05/11/2004
"BTW, the Punisher has punked Wolverine a couple of times through the use of simple Stragery. First, he caused a rampaging hulk to knock him into Boston. Second, he parked a steam roller on him. Not every fight is in the Octagon kids."--------------------------------Ist fight was out of continuity (LOL at Punisher being able to find the Hulk and getting him to do anything). BTW Wolverine has gone SEVERAL rounds w/ the Hulk on numerous occasions. Punisher fought Hulk one time in Hulk's book. The fight consisted of Punisher giving Hulk everything he had.....Hulk then KOed the Punisher w/ (literally) ONE FINGER. LOL !! The steamroller bit happened, but the writer ( Garth Ennis)has gone on record as saying he HATES all superheroes and he specifically went out of his way to make Wolverine look bad. Punisher made Spiderman look even worse in the very next issue (made a fool out of him). LOL at Punisher doing anything to Spidey except getting webbed and KOed. Regardless Wolverine got his revenge a few months later........and Punisher was also FORCED out of the closet. Wolverine and Punisher crossed paths for the 1st time in Punisher War Journal. The fight consisted of Wolverine EASILY owning the punisher, hacking him up, and leaving him for dead like trash in the swamps. Punisher survived and later tried to stop Wolverine w/ a machine gun but did very little damage and certainly didn't win.
05/11/2004
"spawn slapped batman around like a bitch. the hulk has torn wolverine's legs off and thrown them up a mountain in the ultimates universe"----------------------------------------------The Ultimate universe has NO BEARING on the regular MU. You're talking about a place where Juggernaut is a mutant, Proff. X has TK ability, Wolverine is 6ft tall, Collossus is gay (and easily beat up Thor and Iron Man), and Nick Fury is black.
05/11/2004
"Namor would whoop Wolverine but of course the writer had to make in a punch from behind so that Wolvie fans wouldn't cry."------------------------they've fought 3 times and Namor didn't whoop anything. as a matter of fact they fought just last year (when Wolverine was controlled by the Hand). Wolverine took on Namor, US Agent, and that weird Ghost Rider looking character ( Flaming Skull ??) from WW2. Namor came on strong, but was hacked up like sushi and tossed like a bitch. The other 2 didn't do too well either and ended up having to jump on a helicopter to flee from a pissed off Logan.
01/01/2001
lol at SKARHEAD. I appreciate your knowledge but you 'LOL' at the times Wolverine loses and try to shrug them off like they don't count, blaming Ennis as a bitter writer. Cable took on Wolverine and Bishop at the same time in Xcutionar's Song or whatever it was called.
05/11/2004
You have to admit, all those losses were weak ....and you do have to blame Ennis to an extent. He did NOT approach the Punisher vs Wolverine or Spiderman fights w/ and honest thought or reflection on how the Marvel Universe works. He just hates heroes (he said it himself) and he used the Punisher book as a platform to sh!t on Marvel's 2 most popular heroes. I'm sure he probably feels like some cool indie rebel or something, but those fights (while in continuity) were obviously a joke. Wolverine has lost convincingly before, but you didn't really list any losses that were solid / clean victories . Wolverine being KOed by the Hulk in Hulk #181 is a clean victory. Ennis would probably have Punisher KO the Hulk somehow.Do understand that if Ennis had his way he would write the Punisher as easily embarrassing Superman, Thor, Silver surfer, the Avengers, etc.
05/12/2003
"and that's equally ridiculous. One punch from a guy who flattens buildings would turn Wolverine to jelly; the hardness of his skeleton would be irrelevant. And if nuclear blasts can't hurt the Hulk, some knives -- no matter how hard the metal -- wouldn't do shit. Wolverine could never in a billion years generate enough force to penetrate the skin." very true, but thats just not how things work in the marvel universe. if we stop and apply real world rules to hulk punching wolverine then we might as well start asking why the flash doesnt punch mile wide craters with his feet while running at the speed of light, or why when spiderman punches something with his class 10 or whatever strength he doesnt accidentally launch himself across the city. or why professor x didnt make his fortune telling people who killed kennedy. as far as wolverine getting owned, well, you can find that in nearly every book wolverine is in. getting owned and recovering is his power after all. sometimes he owns them back, sometimes he does not. anyway, most of the most significant ownages i would think wouldnt even be physical, imo: 1. sabretooth kills silverfox on wolverines birthday :{ 2. brainwashed, bones coated with adamantium, mindfucked 3. forced to kill x-fiance 4. sabretooth kills silverfox again. 5. crucified and left for dead in australia
Edited: 9/1/06 12:00 AM
05/11/2004
All of those are solid ownages. However #5 was done by a gang of individuals, each of which have been owned HORRIBLY by Wolverine. He's trashed Lady Deathstrike, Macon, Cole, Reese, and the other Reavers individually or all at once. This group banded together to get revenge for those ownages.
08/01/2003
"He took one good stab to the trunk (immedietly after fighting and killing over 100 of Shingen's Hand assasins) . He then immedietly popped his claws through Shingen's head. Short fight (less than 2 pages)and he was never off his feet." I can't believe you're still giving this wildly biased description of this fight. First, it was four pages (in a 20 page comic). Second, Wolverine took months to recover from the injuries he took. Third, the number of ninja he killed before the fight is irrelevant since his healing factor means he basically never fatigues. Fei -- well, yeah, you have to suspend some kind of disbelief and not try to apply physics to everything, but at the same time, when one guy's main thing is that he punches through mountains, it seems really stupid that his punches don't liquefy a 5'2" guy. No one without some degree of invulnerability (Juggernaut, Thing, etc) should be able to take a punch from the Hulk).
05/11/2004
Fei"...I can't believe you're still giving this wildly biased description of this fight."--------Stop making it out to be more than it was. That was not some huge knockdown, drag out fight like he's had w/ Sabretooth, Lady deathstrike, Hulk, or even Capt. America. Wolverine took one solid stab through the trunk and maybe 2 slashes. The Shingen got shish ka bobbed. It was over quick. Wolverine does not take direct punches from the Hulk. If he did (like in Hulk #181) he gets KOed....but not liquified. However he has been thrown around pretty damn hard by the Hulk and kept fighting.
01/01/2001
I know you don't want to accept it but the Wonderman fight was pure ownage. I'll agree with you that the fight between Punisher and Wolverine/Spiderman was kind of gay. That's why I don't read most of Ennis stuff. I'm looking forward to the new Punisher: War Journal. Batman being owned by the Preditor was pretty awesome.
01/01/2001
I can't believe you're still giving this wildly biased description of this fight. First, it was four pages (in a 20 page comic). Second, Wolverine took months to recover from the injuries he took. Third, the number of ninja he killed before the fight is irrelevant since his healing factor means he basically never fatigues. Claremont treats mutant powers as plot points, and this is an excellent example. In Weapon X, Wolverine is shot 100s of times, and doesn't even blink, now one sword through the stomache takes months to heal....that isn't remotely consistent. But I digress.... His healing factor is strong enough so that he can fight to the death against 100s without slowing down, but suddenly he gets stabbed and it takes him a month to recover? Honestly, does that seem right to you? (that's a retorical question) Wolverine has been owned, no doubt about it. And Wolverine has pulled out victories when, logically, he shouldn't have. But I strongly believe Wolverine, like all comic book characters, has suffered from lazy writing and lack of editorial consistency. Ymmv, of course.
08/01/2003
"Wolverine took one solid stab through the trunk and maybe 2 slashes." After the very first exchange: "I cut deep. Shingen cuts deeper. I'm hurt bad. He knows it." "In Weapon X, Wolverine is shot 100s of times, and doesn't even blink" That came years and years later. Why would that be the "correct" version of Wolverine's powers and not the one the creator of the character defined a decade before? Messed up by the Brood: seriously injured. Messed up by Shingen: seriously injured. Messed up by Silver Samurai: seriously injured. Messed up by dragon in Asgard: fatally wounded. Seems pretty consistent to me, before they began Wolverine's ridiculous power ramp-up years later. "His healing factor is strong enough so that he can fight to the death against 100s without slowing down, but suddenly he gets stabbed and it takes him a month to recover?" I would assume he didn't take many injuries against the Hand cannon fodder. He didn't before the Shingen fight, at least, and anyway, we only see a dozen or so dead, most of those with his crossbow bolts in them. I don't know where this "hundreds of ninja" is coming from. Previously he fought 10 Hand at once and took no wounds other than an arrow through the forearm. I don't think there was a point where he was in the middle of a field surrounded by 100 ninja like Neo vs Agent Smith.
08/08/2003
"he would write the Punisher as easily embarrassing Superman, Thor, Silver surfer, the Avengers, etc." Maybe that needs to happen from time to time. It's the Ric Flair syndrome. Lose a non-title match to show you, win the main event but put on a good show. One thing that seperates Spider man from Super man is that from time to time he gets beat. Silver Surfer, and Thor's power levels make them one deminsional to the point I don't care about them. If Ennis wants to roll Wovlerine over with a steam roller so he can't chase Castle fine. But making him beat everybody with no effort is crap. Think about the Magneto/Wolverine fight where his skeleton was pulled out. If Wolverine just Beat Magneto no problem everybody would think it sucked. But because Wolverine was put down and came back dispite the fact he was almosted killed we cheer. In the lastest "origens" he had a good fight back and forth with Cap... why was it good... There was no cleat "I'm the man" winner... Two guys got hurt. "we might as well start asking why the flash doesnt punch mile wide craters with his feet while running at the speed of light," Or why he isn't dead after running into somthing. "or why when spiderman punches something with his class 10 or whatever strength he doesnt accidentally launch himself across the city." Or how he doesn't break his hand "or why professor x didnt make his fortune telling people who killed kennedy." Skip that, why not pull hotties?
08/01/2003
lol
01/01/2001
That came years and years later. Why would that be the "correct" version of Wolverine's powers and not the one the creator of the character defined a decade before? Claremont doesn't "own" Wolverine, his opinion about the character's capabilities are hardly authoritative. And my point isn't that one version is "correct" and another version "wrong". My point is there's an inconsistency, and always has been, even when Claremont was the only one writing Wolverine. For example, when Rouge was introduced in Uncanny X-Men, Silver Samurai carves up Wolverine fairly well, and Wolverine doesn't blink...despite being severly poisoned. Messed up by the Brood: seriously injured. Messed up by Shingen: seriously injured. Messed up by Silver Samurai: seriously injured. Messed up by dragon in Asgard: fatally wounded. Seems pretty consistent to me, before they began Wolverine's ridiculous power ramp-up years later. Seriously injured? He's up and about without having to heal for "months". Personally, I think a careful reading of Claremont will show that when he needs mutant-x to be massively powerful, they suddenly become so (especially if they become "evil"). And when he doesn't...they don't. Look at the treatment of Kitty Pryde in Uncanny vs X-Treme X-Men (both written by Claremont). Look at Rachel, Storm, etc.... in Uncanny X-Men.
08/01/2003
Obviously you have a point, especially if you look at Claremont's writing over a very long period. But in general, as Wolverine was written for at least the first 10-15 years of his existence, he wasn't running around shrugging off major injuries like nothing. He wouldn't die of serious injuries, but he wouldn't be getting into any serious action immediately after, either. Your example of Wolverine vs Silver Samurai, in the Rogue intro story, actually supports my argument. He was practically crippled from that fight ("moving like an old man, no speed and less strength") and had to be saved by Rogue when Viper was about to shoot him, because he could do nothing about it due to his injuries. Also, he said in the beginning of the issue that he recovered from the poison before he and Rogue went sloothing. "Seriously injured? He's up and about without having to heal for "months"." I don't know how long it took him to heal from the SS wounds. All he was doing was standing around getting married, so for all I know he could barely walk. The only thing that kept him from dying from the dragon wounds was the intervention of the New Mutants, the X-Men, and half of Asgard on his behalf. Also, the "months" of healing thing comes from the MU; as far as I know, his recovery time from the Shingen fight was never actually written about in a comic.