GeekGround List Wolverine & Batman pwned

Edited: 9/5/06 12:00 AM
01/01/2001
On Shingen: Old man, yes. Unskilled, no. Johnny Blaze, what's your deal? Were you sodomized by a short, hairy Canadian man as a child?
01/01/2001
Skarhead, Have to disagree with you on the Shingen finale...it was one of Wolverine's toughest fights.
08/01/2003
"1.) Actually the story SPECIFICALLY says that he killed over 100 Hand assasins." Maybe over the course of the limited series or something, though I can't find that reference. It certainly doesn't say that about the ninja he killed on his way to duel Shingen, or afterwards. We see about a dozen dead ninja and at least half are dead of crossbow bolts. "The fight was never close or intense and Shingen was never going to win. Shingen landed exactly one good sword thrust " lol, could someone please post these four pages? I think SKAR must not have seen the issue in 20 years or something. After the very first pass, Shingen does damage and Wolverine thinks "I'm hurt bad. He knows it." Shingen then slashes him across the back, cuts both his arms, slashes him across the gut, and skewers him before being killed.
Edited: 9/5/06 9:55 PM
05/11/2004
"Have to disagree with you on the Shingen finale...it was one of Wolverine's toughest fights."-------------------------------Yeah, we'll definitely disagree on this one. Wolverine has had MUCH tougher fights than this one. This fight was pretty quick, quiet, and not nearly as bloody as some of the REAL battles he's been in 1.) -His very 1st appearance w/ the Hulk -His bloody slobberknocker w/ the grey Hulk in Hulk#340 -His fight w/ Green Hulk as Apocalypse'horseman, Death 2.) -His 1st battle w/ Lady Deathstrike...took insane damnage and was very bloody. -His battle w/ Lady D in his own book (Larry Hama/Marc Silvestri) 3.) -Any of his battles w/ Cyber are tough bloody fights. 4)-Omega Red. Him and Omega Red fought for over 17 hours once in Omega Red's 1st appearance. It was a struggle to say the least. 5.) -Here's a guy who REALLY has given Wolverine some of his toughest battles. Their 1st 2 fights ( (Uncanny X-Men #212-213) are the are good example of someone giving him a tough fights. -Sabretooth and Wolverine had a nasty fight when Sabretooth was a prisoner in the X-mansion. Both guys took insane damage. (These 2 fights occured in 20 page comics as well. well they certainly had more than 2 -4 pages dedicated to actual battle. They were intense, back and forth , pages w/ alot of little panels. They were brutal, intense,and gorry. Long nasty battles.) 6.) -Wolverine had a much tougher fight most recently againsy Capt America (in Origins.) 7.)-Spiderman....has given Wolverine tougher fights 8.) - Even Silver Samurai did more damage to Wolverine in their 1st tussle and at least stopped Wolverine for a brief moment. 9.) Gorgan. He definitely gave Wolverine a much harder time than Shingen 10). Mr. X was a tougher fight than Shingen by far 11.) Ogun was more of a pain in the ass in a fight than Shingen on his best day. I could go on....
05/11/2004
orcus-"After the very first pass, Shingen does damage and Wolverine thinks "I'm hurt bad. He knows it." Shingen then slashes him across the back, cuts both his arms, slashes him across the gut, and skewers him before being killed"----------------Those were all superficial cuts except the one that went through his trunk all the way through. The 1st one was a little deep, but not something that would stop Wolverine and it certainly didn't slow him down. The rest were superficial or were stopped by his admantium bones. ALL OF THEM. Shingen had one good strike and it didn't even slow Wolverine in the least.....In fact Shingen was dead seconds later due to having 3 claws shoved through his head.
01/01/2001
On Shingen:

Old man, yes.

Unskilled, no.

I was being tongue-in-cheek ;-)  Other posts (perhaps even in different threads) have suggested that Shingen was no more dangerous than the average old Japanese man on the street.

08/01/2003
" 9.) Gorgan. He definitely gave Wolverine a much harder time than Shingen" Since Gorgon killed Wolverine, I guess you could say that.
05/11/2004
That's another thread onto itself...
05/11/2004
Basically if Johnny Blaze poisoned Fedor and then hit him from behind w/ a baseball bat he would consider himself a better fighter than Fedor and possibly the Pride HW champion.
08/01/2003
I'm so tempted to ttt the Conan vs Wolverine thread right now.
Edited: 9/6/06 12:00 AM
05/11/2004
Insults and no logic , continuity, or facts to back it up. What's your definition of a suckerpunch again ? LOL
09/22/2005
In the issue that ted posted on another thread(X-men vs Fantastic Four) the thing punked wolverine
01/01/2001
"BTW Namor could NOT rip Iron Man's tin suit to pieces on his best day....even in the water." Namor is class 100 strength in the water...
01/01/2001
"whats my deal? theres dude having a total denial meltdown in the same thread and you ask whats MY deal? lol! whats YOUR deal?" I'm starting to see your point.
01/01/2001
"Shingen had one good strike and it didn't even slow Wolverine in the least.....In fact Shingen was dead seconds later due to having 3 claws shoved through his head." In a fight between two samurai, one cut often meant the difference between life and death. Shingen landed the first good cut. Wolverine's mutant healing factor saved him. Wolverine eventually landed the second good "cut" (popping his claws at point-blank range) and killed Shingen. My analysis: Shingen was the superior fighter but Wolverine's mutant abilities were too much for Shingen. As it was, Shingen still nearly killed him. Not a knock on Wolvie, but definitely a good reflection on Shingen.
Edited: 9/6/06 9:20 PM
05/11/2004
I think Shingen's skill w/ a sword is a little underrated, but he's dead so we may never know. However I have to disagree w/ Shingen nearly killing Wolverine. Those were 2 good sword strikes. The 2nd (and final one) would have certainly killed a normal man, but Wolverine himself was not nearly killed. Wolverine has taken MUCH more massive damage before and after (even before his recent, exagerrated power ups). He took a VERY similar sword thrust from Silver Samurai a few months after this incident(probably right after he healed up) as well as a strike that would have decapitated him, if not for the adamantium. Wolverine was hurt, but he never came close to dying. Wolverine has also had his entrails ripped out by Cyber and Hunter in the Darkness on 2 seperate occasions. He literally scopped up his guts, held them into his stomach and ran off to heal. Those sword strikes were dangerous, but Wolverine was not going to keel over and just die right there from being stabbed. He was never even off his feet. I've had bad injuries that have taken months to heal....doesn't mean I was close to dying . Neither was Wolverine. This fight was a nice sequence art and storywise, but it's a relatively tame Wolverine fight compared to some of the real bloody slobberknockers he's been in.
Edited: 9/7/06 12:00 AM
05/11/2004
Just like Johhny and Orcus you drop a lame insult, but fail to prove me wrong on any point. I give out solid continuity that anyone can read....and you just come back w/ a cheap shot . My feelings aren't hurt and you're still wrong. True self ownage once again. Thankyou.
08/01/2003
What was my insult? And I proved you wrong on every point I argued (number of strikes landed, number of ninja killed, length of fight, etc).
05/11/2004
Only one of the strikes he landed was of any quality. The last one. The initial slice and the one Wolverine blocked with his forearms were a joke. Are you seriously trying to imply that those were brutal strikes (to someone like Wolverine) or that he was in danger of dying from those ? Only the last strike was damaging, but it did not slow him down in the least. Actually Shingen was dead on the floor 1-2 panels later. He took a VERY similar strike from Silver samurai a few months later. I doubt EITHER of these strikes could be anywhere near as dangerous as having his stomach ripped out only to have his intestines spill out > That's the kind of damage he took against Cyber and Hunter in the darkness. That's a little more serious than a stab wound.LOL at this being one of his most dangerous battles. It was patty cake compared to his fights w/ Sabretooth, Ogan, Lady deathstrike, Cyber, etc, etc, etc... As for how many Ninjas he killed, the narrative states that he killed over 100 Ninjas, but I will have to dig it up before I say anything more about it. Been awhile.
Edited: 9/8/06 12:00 AM
05/11/2004
Ted can explode all he wants. Usually something like that is the result of frustration over being proven wrong w/ continuity, facts, and a little logic. He simply got emotional after putting so much heart and soul into a debate that he ultimately lost. Girls do stuff like this all the time, it's not uncommon. I post continuity, facts, and even post actual pages and artwork from time to time. I haven't lost my cool, insulted anybody w/ childish remarks.. You just throw cheap little insults and are obviuosly a rabid Wolverine hater and everything you ever post about the character is colored by that.
Edited: 9/8/06 10:37 AM
01/01/2001

Usually something like that is the result of frustration over being proven wrong w/ continuity, facts, and a little logic. He simply got emotional after putting so much heart and soul into a debate that he ultimately lost. Girls do stuff like this all the time, it's not uncommon.

*applauds*

I nominate skarhead for geekgrounder of the year.

I stand in awe of the purity of geekitude of a man who, on a forum of geeks/nerds/social rejects who should be his brethren, STILL manages to alienate everyone around him.

Well done, good sir - even the social rejects are socially rejecting you ;-)

01/01/2001
And all kidding aside, don't try to play the psychological analysis game and interpret my behavior - you're as skilled at that as a quadruple amputee trying to run the 100 yard dash. I got snippy at you for *exactly* the same reason people on this thread are flaming you - your posts are condescending and insulting. You then feign surprise and assume moral superiority when people insult you back, when in fact they're responding to *your* lack of social skills that initiated the whole exchange. I got pissed at you because you insulted me for no reason multiple times on that old thread. If you think that makes me "girly" or "overly emotional," then I'd like to know how a real "man" responds to such behavior.
Edited: 9/8/06 1:00 PM
08/01/2003
"The initial slice and the one Wolverine blocked with his forearms were a joke." Then why did Wolverine think "I'm hurt bad"? " I will have to dig it up before I say anything more about it. Been awhile." lol, and yet you've asserted with complete conviction on three threads now that the fight was "two pages long", that Wolverine took "one good shot", that he had "just killed 100 ninja", etc.
01/01/2001
As an aside..... Batman regularly gets injured fighting various untrained thugs, or fighting members of his rogue's gallery that cannot match his athleticism or fighting abilities. Be that as it may, I can't recall seeing a list -- official or unofficial -- that doesn't have Batman in the top 5 martial artists of the DCU.
Edited: 9/9/06 12:00 AM
05/11/2004
"lol, and yet you've asserted with complete conviction on three threads now that the fight was "two pages long", that Wolverine took "one good shot", that he had "just killed 100 ninja", etc."----------------Wolverine did something he normally doesn't do, he packes a whole mess of weapons w/ him because he felt this mission was dangerous enough to need them. He had none of them when he confronted Shingen nor did he use anything but his claws......I HIGHLY doubt he's going to pack more gear than Cable for a dozen ninjas.