GeekGround Lucasfilm going to retcon prequel trilogy spoilers

4/6/20 9:15 AM
1/18/03

Watched a video by Mike Zeroh where he is claiming that Lucasfilm will retcon the prequel trilogy.  He has multiple videos on this and I'm not sure which one I watched but in one of the videos he claims that it will be Palpatine that kills Amidala with a new force power, and that Yoda will have a vision given to him by the Whills that shows Rey killing Palpatine.

4/6/20 9:21 AM
1/1/01

That sounds very unlikely to me. Disney owns Star Wars. Lucasfilm can't do a thing. Right?

4/6/20 9:47 AM
1/18/03
Disney owns Lucasfilm which is in charge of the Star Wars franchise for Disney.
4/6/20 9:50 AM
3/7/05
The more they tighten their grip the more fans slip through their fingers.
4/6/20 10:08 AM
1/18/03
Yeah I tapped out for some of it. Stopped getting the comics and the books. Still getting toys, board games and card games though. Anything not original Expanded Universe I just consider an add on. The Mandalorian I consider it's own universe as I enjoy it. Didn't bother buying any of the sequel trilogy or Solo (although I did get Rogue 1). It's too bad but nothing I can really do about it.
4/6/20 9:15 PM
1/18/03
Also reported that Luke's great grandson from the comics is now going to be Rey's son.
4/12/20 12:41 AM
6/30/07

Zeroh makes alot of shit up, I wouldn't take it seriously.

4/12/20 5:14 AM
1/18/03
Did not know that. Thanks
4/27/20 11:24 AM
10/11/18
Mountain Medic - 

Zeroh makes alot of shit up, I wouldn't take it seriously.

The way they crapped on the previous movies to prop up Rey I can easily see them doing this.
Edited: 21 days ago
1/1/01

Can they retcon the prequels and eps 7-9? I'd be happy to have them all handed over to Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau. Filoni's created some of the best Star Warsc onscreen of all time. Sure he's had a few misses too, but the way he brought back Maul and everything he did with him in both Clone Wars and Rebels was fantastic (Obi Wan vs Maul in Rebels is IMO top 5 lightsaber fights of all time). Clone Wars just finished with an epic 4 part finale, Rebels ended really well.. he just gets Star Wars. And with Favreau we've had the Mandalorian which again was proper Star Wars.

Such a shame that Disney and Kathleen Marshall didn't have the brains to give the story for all 3 new movies to Filoni so that it really felt joined up. We wouldn't have had Mary Poppins Leia or that utterly pointless Canto Bight story in TLJ. Even if they had no faith in him as a director, just let him write the scripts

20 days ago
1/18/03
Sir Taps - 

Can they retcon the prequels and eps 7-9? I'd be happy to have them all handed over to Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau. Filoni's created some of the best Star Warsc onscreen of all time. Sure he's had a few misses too, but the way he brought back Maul and everything he did with him in both Clone Wars and Rebels was fantastic (Obi Wan vs Maul in Rebels is IMO top 5 lightsaber fights of all time). Clone Wars just finished with an epic 4 part finale, Rebels ended really well.. he just gets Star Wars. And with Favreau we've had the Mandalorian which again was proper Star Wars.

Such a shame that Disney and Kathleen Marshall didn't have the brains to give the story for all 3 new movies to Filoni so that it really felt joined up. We wouldn't have had Mary Poppins Leia or that utterly pointless Canto Bight story in TLJ. Even if they had no faith in him as a director, just let him write the scripts

At that point do a complete reboot. Start from scratch and tell a consistent story.
18 days ago
3/7/05
Hopefully Taika will get that chance, a complete cut in a different era.
17 days ago
1/18/03
One of the writers on the Lucasfilm story group said what is written doesn't matter because it's all fake anyway. Shows how much they care.