GeekGround Marvel announces Strikeforce

6/11/19 2:28 PM
1/1/01
From https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06/11/spider-woman-dons-classic-costume-for-new-comic-strikeforce-at-marvel/

All last week, Marvel teased a new series, spinning out of War of the Realms, and featuring Marvel’s “most ruthless team.” The tagline for the teasers read, “No Compromise. No Mercy.” And we knew the team would feature Blade, Spectrum, Wiccan, Winter Soldier, Angela, and Daimon Hellstrom, with the final reveal coming “next Tuesday.” Well, it’s next Tuesday. And the book is…

Strikeforce, by Tini Howard and German Peralta. And the final team member is Spider-Woman, back in her old costume in fact. Yes, that costume. A little bit more from Marvel’s website…

STRIKEFORCE #1 WRITTEN BY TINI HOWARD, ART BY GERMAN PERALTA, COVER BY ANDREA SORRENTINO

Doing the dirty jobs the Avengers and other Marvel heroes can’t do!

Angela, Blade, Spider-Woman, Wiccan, the Winter Soldier, Monica Rambeau, and Daimon Hellstrom join forces for a monsterrific bloodbath from the dark mind of rising star Tini Howard. Prepare for a tale from the underside of the Marvel Universe in STRIKEFORCE!

6/11/19 2:30 PM
1/1/01

paw comments: Interesting collection of characters. I give this less than 10 issues, though.

6/11/19 2:52 PM
3/7/05
Spectrum is that hard core? She never used to be.
6/11/19 3:31 PM
1/1/01
BigWilliam - Spectrum is that hard core? She never used to be.

If you mean ruthless and such, then I would say no. But, I guess the writer on this book has a different take. *shrugs*

6/11/19 5:26 PM
10/27/03

Must miss!

6/12/19 3:37 PM
3/7/05
paw - 
BigWilliam - Spectrum is that hard core? She never used to be.

If you mean ruthless and such, then I would say no. But, I guess the writer on this book has a different take. *shrugs*

Yeah, looking at that line up most of them are stone cold killers. Well I don't know Wiccan, but the rest are. And Spectrum was always pretty much a goody two shoes as I recall, doesn't seem like she fits.