GeekGround Marvel pushing Storm in '21

8/25/20 9:09 AM
1/1/01

https://www.gamesradar.com/very-huge-storm-story-coming-in-2021-from-x-men-line/

8/26/20 5:12 AM
10/27/03

Hopefully they replicate the movies and she just drops her African accent between story arcs because it’s too much effort.

8/26/20 11:27 AM
3/7/05
Storm has been a major character for awhile. Sometimes good, sometimes boring. Don't really have a strong opinion on this honestly. Mostly because I am so disconnected from the X books.
8/26/20 11:44 AM
1/1/01
BigWilliam - Storm has been a major character for awhile. Sometimes good, sometimes boring. Don't really have a strong opinion on this honestly. Mostly because I am so disconnected from the X books.

You might be disconnected from the X-books, but you're not wrong. Storm has been a major character for a while - sometimes good and sometimes bad.

8/26/20 11:54 AM
3/7/05
I guess what I am trying to say is this doesn't seem unusual. Could be really good, could be really bad. Storm leading the Morlocks was good, Storm leveling Silver Surfer with a space lightning bolt was bad.

It is interesting that Storm has never carried a solo book though.
8/26/20 12:41 PM
1/1/01
BigWilliam - I guess what I am trying to say is this doesn't seem unusual. Could be really good, could be really bad. Storm leading the Morlocks was good, Storm leveling Silver Surfer with a space lightning bolt was bad.

Off the top of my head, I think Marvel has tried a Storm solo book...or at least a few Storm mini-series to see if the character could carry a solo book.

Unfortunately, Storm is one of the those characters that are super popular, but don't seem to be able to carry a solo title.

8/26/20 1:37 PM
3/7/05
paw - 
BigWilliam - I guess what I am trying to say is this doesn't seem unusual. Could be really good, could be really bad. Storm leading the Morlocks was good, Storm leveling Silver Surfer with a space lightning bolt was bad.

Off the top of my head, I think Marvel has tried a Storm solo book...or at least a few Storm mini-series to see if the character could carry a solo book.

Unfortunately, Storm is one of the those characters that are super popular, but don't seem to be able to carry a solo title.

When she and T'Challa got married didn't they have a book or mini series? I seem to remember that.
8/26/20 2:06 PM
1/1/01
BigWilliam - 
paw - 

When she and T'Challa got married didn't they have a book or mini series? I seem to remember that.

Yes. Because that marriage made no sense at all and came completely out of left field, Marvel had a mini-series to try and justify it.

9/13/20 12:13 PM
10/11/18
paw - 

She's one of those characters that's in that grey area. Where they're popular enough to get a series, but not popular enough to maintain it.
9/13/20 3:07 PM
3/7/05
Mr Karate - 
paw - 

She's one of those characters that's in that grey area. Where they're popular enough to get a series, but not popular enough to maintain it.

So much depends on the creative you put on it as well. Look at Ms Marvel/Kamala Kahn, that could easily have been a book no one bought but they put a great team on it and it prospers.
9/13/20 5:06 PM
1/1/01
BigWilliam -
Mr Karate - 
paw - 

So much depends on the creative you put on it as well. Look at Ms Marvel/Kamala Kahn, that could easily have been a book no one bought but they put a great team on it and it prospers.

Two good points.