GeekGround Marvel's new take on Dr. Strange

7 days ago
1/1/01

From https://www.cbr.com/marvel-doctor-strange-surgeon-supreme/

In December, Marvel will relaunch the Doctor Strange series once again with Dr. Strange: Surgeon Supreme, by Mark Waid and Kev Walker.

Strange, of course, was originally a world-renowned surgeon until an accident crushed his hands. While on a quest to receive mystic healing from the Ancient One, he took a different path, learning sorcery and becoming the Sorcerer Supreme. But what would happen if Strange's hands were no longer injured? The new book aims to explore just that.

In Waid's current run, Strange's surgical prowess was required to aid his magical skills in order to stop a hoard of demons from infecting humankind.

DR. STRANGE #1
Written by MARK WAID
Art by KEV WALKER
Cover by PHIL NOTO
The impossible has happened! Doctor Strange’s hands have been healed, restoring his surgical skills - but now he’s being torn between his obligations as the Sorcerer Supreme and as a neurosurgeon. And when he’s forced to choose which vows to uphold, who suffers most for it? After all, magic always has a cost…Be here for a brand new era of magic…and horror from Mark Waid (HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE) and Kev Walker (BLACK PANTHER)!

Dr. Strange: Surgeon Supreme #1, by Mark Waid and Kev Walker, goes on sale in Dec. from Marvel Comics.
7 days ago
1/1/01

paw comments: This might be interesting - by that I mean it's a new take. On the other hand, I very much doubt that Waid is going to consider how much Strange is going to have a metric ton of learning that Strange is going to have to do to get back up to speed.

I'm going to pass on this.

7 days ago
3/7/05
Strange and the mystic side of Marvel never manage to hold my attention. It's just too inconsistent. There have been some good story lines and ideas, but I just am not into that type of story. Same with their dalliances in vampires.
5 days ago
8/20/16

I like Kev Walker's art. It's similar to Mignola.

I feel like it's an easy decision as to which is more important: operating on brains or saving the world. It's going to be a tough sell by Waid to get me to buy the drama.