GeekGround Netflix's The Witcher teaser trailer

28 days ago
2/27/03

28 days ago
10/27/03

Can’t wait to see

27 days ago
5/14/06

I absolutely love the game, and something about that Geralt isn’t sitting with me right, but hopefully it’ll be great 

26 days ago
10/27/03
2JupitersTooMany -

I absolutely love the game, and something about that Geralt isn’t sitting with me right, but hopefully it’ll be great 

Henry Cavill is bigger, more jacked and better looking than the book or game character.

But I’m hoping that having a legit movie star seeking out the role and signing on will massively increase the hype and casual viewers checking it out and ensure we get a long big budget run.

26 days ago
12/10/16

Hope they don't spend much time on the sorceresses. They're all hideous. Was hoping Yen and Triss would be hot. But I guess diversity is important or some shit. 

26 days ago
12/10/16
2JupitersTooMany -

The casting is horrible across the board. 

Ciri's actress is too old. Henry Cavill looks too young and squeaky clean. Yennefer is some ugly Indian woman. The rest of the sorceresses are from Wakanda or some shit despite the basis for the show being Medieval Poland. 

26 days ago
10/27/03
Abradolf Lincler -
2JupitersTooMany -

The casting is horrible across the board. 

Ciri's actress is too old. Henry Cavill looks too young and squeaky clean. Yennefer is some ugly Indian woman. The rest of the sorceresses are from Wakanda or some shit despite the basis for the show being Medieval Poland. 

Every medium is its own entity so I’m fine with it.

But in terms of Gerald looking younger, the books are set a fair way before the games so he should younger here (as this is based on the books)

26 days ago
1/1/01

What do I (a complete n00b) need to know before this starts?

26 days ago
3/7/05
Have seen the game, never played it. I like Cavill so hopefully this is at least fun.

Paw all I really know is Geralt (Cavill) is a Witcher which is basically a monster hunter for hire. Much more magic than in something like GoT, and from what I have seen there is a very strong story background as well.
24 days ago
11/15/05

This is not going be connected to the games at all, only the books.

Geralt is a witcher, witcher are shunned by most of society as freaks. They are very few witchers left in the world...due to old laws he is intwrtwined with a girl of Destiny. buts not really like GOT other magic.

There are comics that are decent dark horse published them

Edited: 23 days ago
10/27/03
paw -

Nothing really. It’ll all be in the show.

But is you want a basic idea ....

The world is a cross between Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones. 

There are elves and dwarves but they’ve been marginalised by the humans who rule everything now in divided kingdoms.

The kingdoms are always at war and politicking against each other.

Human females have been able to successfully learn and use magic, taught by the Elves. They are powerful but dangerous and kept under tight control by their respective kingdoms.

The Witcher’s were an order of forcibly mutated human males, made in order to combat monsters .... but most of the monsters have been hunted to extinction now and the Witcher’s have little left to do,  the last of them wandering Samurai-freaks, working for coin.

23 days ago
3/18/02
FingerorMoon -
2JupitersTooMany -

Henry Cavill is bigger, more jacked and better looking than the book or game character.

But I’m hoping that having a legit movie star seeking out the role and signing on will massively increase the hype and casual viewers checking it out and ensure we get a long big budget run.

I feel weird about it too but am hopeful. 

I really wanted Madds to play Geralt - especially with his gymnast background. 

23 days ago
3/18/02
FingerorMoon -
paw -

Nothing really. It’ll all be in the show.

But is you want a basic idea ....

The world is a cross between Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones. 

There are elves and dwarves but they’ve been marginalised by the humans who rule everything now in divided kingdoms.

The kingdoms are always at war and politicking against each other.

Human females have been able to successfully learn and use magic, taught by the Elves. They are powerful but dangerous and kept under tight control by their respective kingdoms.

The Witcher’s were an order of forcibly mutated human males, made in order to combat monsters .... but most of the monsters have been hunted to extinction now and the Witcher’s have little left to do,  the last of them wandering Samurai-freaks, working for coin.

There are also male sorcerers but the females are better politically organized. 

Additionally the witchers used a bastardized form of magic of magic in addition to being mutated into faster, stronger, more agile, and better perceptions. 

23 days ago
3/7/05
The trailer looks good, I am looking forward to seeing it.
13 days ago
1/2/15
Abradolf Lincler -

Hope they don't spend much time on the sorceresses. They're all hideous. Was hoping Yen and Triss would be hot. But I guess diversity is important or some shit. 

You think an ugly chick is sjw? 

How sensitive are you...