GeekGround Recommend some Manga?

8/10/19 11:49 AM
8/20/16

I love realistic art and mature stories, but sooooo much manga has cartoon faces and high school kids as the protagonists and it's a struggle to find good stuff.

Some of my favourites:

Pluto (a monstrous, unstoppable killer set in the Astro Boy universe)

Monster

Sanctuary (a massive epic of a young gangster and a young politician trying to take over Japan)

Gunsmith Cats

Akira

Domu

Legend of Mother Sarah

Ghost In The Shell

Appleseed

Crying Freeman

Sun Ken Rock (best martial arts scenes ever drawn, imo)

One Punch Man

Any other stories you can recommend?

8/10/19 4:17 PM
1/18/03
Blade of the Immortal.

I don't know if Lone Wolf and Cub count but I enjoyed it.

I'm reading Berserk now but that has loads of nudity and rape in it so heads up on that.
8/10/19 6:21 PM
8/20/16
JLK - Blade of the Immortal.

I don't know if Lone Wolf and Cub count but I enjoyed it.

I'm reading Berserk now but that has loads of nudity and rape in it so heads up on that.

Lone Wolf and Cub! I forgot about that... absolutely gorgeous. That should definitely be on my list.

I'll check out both of those recommendations. Blade of the Immortal sounds familiar, but I dont' remember if I ever checked it out or just heard about it.

8/10/19 9:02 PM
1/1/01

Blade of the Immortal.

Goblin Slayer (if you role playing games)

8/11/19 5:17 PM
7/11/10

Anyone read ‘The Guyver’? 

I never read the comic but loved the latest Anime. 

Is there news on more of the Anime? 

8/12/19 9:07 AM
2/18/17
Vinland saga
Shamo
Golden Kamui
Kingdom
Crows
Worst
Koukoku no Shugosha
Kokou no Hito
8/13/19 11:41 PM
5/14/13

Steins;Gate, if you haven't given it a try.

8/17/19 3:15 PM
8/20/16

So many great recommendations here! Thanks, guys. I googled a bunch of these and they sound awesome. Steins;Gate has me tripping: using a microwave to send messages in time. I love goofy premises that get turned into good stories.

In the course of my googling, I found a couple of websites that have thousands of English-translated Manga stories available to read online. I'm assuming it must be piracy, but it's hard to believe the effort they went through to present this for an English audience if they're not legit. Manga Rock and Kiss Manga.

8/17/19 5:26 PM
5/14/13
blabbermouth -

So many great recommendations here! Thanks, guys. I googled a bunch of these and they sound awesome. Steins;Gate has me tripping: using a microwave to send messages in time. I love goofy premises that get turned into good stories.

In the course of my googling, I found a couple of websites that have thousands of English-translated Manga stories available to read online. I'm assuming it must be piracy, but it's hard to believe the effort they went through to present this for an English audience if they're not legit. Manga Rock and Kiss Manga.

Give the anime a try too if that's your thing. I know you weren't about high school age characters, and most of Steins;Gates characters are, but it's a much more mature story that's going on.