GeekGround Sandman is coming to Netflix

7/2/19 9:04 AM
1/1/01
From https://www.cbr.com/netflix-sandman-officially-ordered-episode-count-revealed-neil-gaiman/

Following yesterday's initial report, Netflix confirmed it has ordered a television series based on author Neil Gaiman's critically-acclaimed Vertigo Comics series The Sandman.

The streaming giant confirmed in a press release that Allan Heinberg (Wonder Woman) has been brought on to serve as writer, executive producer and showrunner on The Sandman. Additionally, the release confirms Gaiman will write and executive produce alongside David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight).

Netflix has also revealed that 10 episodes of The Sandman have been ordered, plus an additional episode. Moreover, the first episode will be co-written by the trio of Gaiman, Heinberg and Goyer.

Per Netflix's official summary of the new series,

A rich blend of modern myth and dark fantasy in which contemporary fiction, historical drama and legend are seamlessly interwoven, The Sandman follows the people and places affected by Morpheus, the Dream King, as he mends the cosmic--and human--mistakes he's made during his vast existence.

"We're thrilled to partner with the brilliant team that is Neil Gaiman, David S. Goyer and Allan Heinberg to finally bring Neil's iconic comic book series, The Sandman, to life onscreen," said Netflix vice president Channing Dungey.

She continued, "From its rich characters and storylines to its intricately built-out worlds, we're excited to create an epic original series that dives deep into this multi-layered universe beloved by fans around the world."

A release date for Netflix's The Sandman has not been revealed.
7/2/19 10:16 AM
3/7/05
The problem I have with Sandman is that I didn't like a single character in the entire book. I never finished all of the collected editions because at the end of the day I didn't care one bit about what happened to any of them.
7/2/19 11:05 PM
3/18/02

I’m not sure how to pull that off in a show. 

7/3/19 7:45 AM
7/6/06

People rate Sandman as one of the GOAT comic series. I own the books...they are just OK IMO. I dont get the hype. Maybe the show will be better.

7/3/19 9:35 AM
1/1/01
BigWilliam - The problem I have with Sandman is that I didn't like a single character in the entire book. I never finished all of the collected editions because at the end of the day I didn't care one bit about what happened to any of them.

I feel exactly the same way about Y: The Last Man.

7/3/19 9:45 AM
3/7/05
paw - 
BigWilliam - The problem I have with Sandman is that I didn't like a single character in the entire book. I never finished all of the collected editions because at the end of the day I didn't care one bit about what happened to any of them.

I feel exactly the same way about Y: The Last Man.

Have never read that one. But that can be a problem. I have to have some interest in what happens to the characters, either because I want them to succeed or fail, but something.

And yeah Limbtwister, I have to agree. I don't really dig the art for the most part, the stories are good, creative as Gaiman always is. But it's not in my top ten.