GeekGround Save your pennies - Uncanny X-Men Omnibus HC

18 days ago
1/1/01
From https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07/30/john-byrne-she-hulk-power-pack-uncanny-x-force-black-widow-get-omnibuses-and-other-marvel-big-books-for-2020/

Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender Omnibus

March 17, 2020 928 pages

Killing to save a world that hates and fears them – this isn’t the X-Men, this is uncanny X-Force! Rick Remender puts the Uncanny into X-Force in an epic, critically acclaimed run! Psylocke, Archangel, Deadpool and Fantomex sign up for Wolverine’s secret squad of assassins, but their first mission – to find and deal with the reborn Apocalypse – casts a long shadow. As the members of X-Force struggle to come to terms with their actions, one among them unravels in what could only be called the “Dark Angel Saga.” Startlingly familiar Deathloks; a return to the Age of Apocalypse, a warring Otherworld, and the all-new, all-deadly Brotherhood of Evil Mutants await in Remender’s extraordinary exploration of the ethics of execution.

COLLECTING: UNCANNY X-FORCE (2010) 1-35, 5.1, 19.1; MATERIAL FROM WOLVERINE: THE ROAD TO HELL (2010) 1, ALL-NEW WOLVERINE SAGA (2010), X-MEN SPOTLIGHT (2011)

18 days ago
1/1/01

paw comments: This looks like it will be spendy - like $100 US take or give a bit.  However, this run on Uncanny X-Men is the beloved (dare I say acclaimed?) darling of the GG.  

If you haven't read it, I'd strongly encourage you to check it out. If you enjoyed it, this is probably your one chance to get the complete run in hardcover.

18 days ago
3/7/05
I see apocalypse in the break down, I am out. That doofus is probably my least liked marvel villain of all time. Behind even Stilt-Man.
18 days ago
1/18/03
BigWilliam - I see apocalypse in the break down, I am out. That doofus is probably my least liked marvel villain of all time. Behind even Stilt-Man.

Don't talk shit about Stilt-Man. He should be up there with Doctor Doom and Magneto imo.
18 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam - I see apocalypse in the break down, I am out. That doofus is probably my least liked marvel villain of all time. Behind even Stilt-Man.

You really need to read the story, because it's not what you think it is. I really can't explain in detail without spoiling the story. 

18 days ago
8/20/16
paw -

You really need to read the story, because it's not what you think it is. I really can't explain in detail without spoiling the story. 

I haven't read much of Remender's work, but I didn't like the stuff that I have read. Why is his X-men Run so beloved here?

Also, what Uncanny X-men issues should I pick up to see the run in question?

17 days ago
1/1/01
blabbermouth - 
paw -

I haven't read much of Remender's work, but I didn't like the stuff that I have read. Why is his X-men Run so beloved here?

re: which issues

It was in the first post:

COLLECTING: UNCANNY X-FORCE (2010) 1-35, 5.1, 19.1; MATERIAL FROM WOLVERINE: THE ROAD TO HELL (2010) 1, ALL-NEW WOLVERINE SAGA (2010), X-MEN SPOTLIGHT (2011)

re: why so beloved

A bunch of reasons. Anyhoo, here's the set-up: A group of X-Men set out to resolve issues -- and by "resolve issues" I mean kill villains dead before that villain goes off and does whatever villain-thing they were planning to do. And first on the list is Apocalypse.  

17 days ago
3/7/05
The problem is I hate apocalypse almost more than any other character in the marvel universe. And not the I want to see him defeated kind of hate, but the I never want to read about this bad plot device, pull powers out of his ass, oh look ANOTHER regeneration chamber and more ancient paintings of him because apparently he invented the ENTIRE UNIVERSE hate.
17 days ago
8/20/16
paw -
blabbermouth - 
paw -

re: which issues

It was in the first post:

re: why so beloved

A bunch of reasons. Anyhoo, here's the set-up: A group of X-Men set out to resolve issues -- and by "resolve issues" I mean kill villains dead before that villain goes off and does whatever villain-thing they were planning to do. And first on the list is Apocalypse.  

"re: which issues

It was in the first post:"

Oh, my bad. When you said his Uncanny X-Men run I thought you were talking about a different series. If I see it on shelves, I'll give it a read.

14 days ago
12/27/16

Really?   Is this good?  I’ve been out of the loop for a while but isn’t this where they all dress in black and grey?

cause I always thought that looked dumb

13 days ago
6/30/09

This is one of my favorite Marvel runs ever.  Up there with ww Hulk and the first Age of Apocalypse.  I actually loathe famtomex as a character but even he cant ruin this series.

I honestly don't remember apocalypse being in it that much. (Although conversely, he's prob my fav villain)

If anyone is looking for a series to go through, this is a great choice.