GeekGround Spider-Woman

24 days ago
1/1/01
From https://www.newsarama.com/47935-spider-woman-spins-a-solo-web-once-more-bigger-badder-than-she-s-ever-been-before.html

Jessica Drew is returning as Spider-Woman in a new solo ongoing title launching in March 2020. 

Written by Karla Pacheco with art from Pere Perez, the series puts Spider-Woman in a mysterious new job, taking on a mysterious new foe.

“I love Spider-Woman, and I'm incredibly excited to share this series with both new and old Jessica Drew fans alike,” said Pacheco in the series announcement. “This is big, can't miss, over-the-top action, some very surprising ‘venom blasts from the pasts,’ and also a ton of helicopter explosions.”

“It's a super fun adventure with a lot of twists and turns...and seriously, so many helicopter explosions,” Pacheco continued. “We're taking Jess bigger and badder than she's ever been before, and I can't wait for readers to see what we've cooked up.”
24 days ago
1/1/01

paw comments: Now that is how you announce a new solo title. Have a super-excited writer with an emphasis on fun and adventure. (In other words, there's no pandering to a specific crowd, just a broad appeal to comic book fans who like run and adventure)

24 days ago
3/7/05
Any idea what else she has written? I am not familiar with the name. Is she good?
23 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam - Any idea what else she has written? I am not familiar with the name. Is she good?

I don't recognize the name, so I'm inclined to think this is her first comic or she's written a few one-shots and this is her first ongoing title. In either case, I've never read anything that she wrote. That said, this is the "traditional" way to do things - give a new/newish writer a known, but not A-list character and see what happens.  

I'm not a big fan of Spider-Woman, but unless future solicitations/interviews turn me off, I'll probably give the first issue a try as a show of support. What little I do know of Spider-Woman leads me to think the character is really complicated/boarderline "broken" with an overly complex backstory and not being a regular member of any group (read: characterization all over the place), so Pacheco has her work cut out for her.

23 days ago
3/7/05
I will probably check out #1 to see how it goes.

Paw did you get disney+? I am resisting.
23 days ago
1/1/01
BigWilliam - I will probably check out #1 to see how it goes.

Paw did you get disney+? I am resisting.

I did not. I'm trying to resist

23 days ago
3/7/05
Vive La Resistance!
23 days ago
10/11/18
And Jessica is permanently back in her classic costume.
18 days ago
1/1/01

Cup size?

18 days ago
10/11/18
Stronghold - 

Cup size?

That glorious rack better be back.