GeekGround The Boys - Uncensored Teaser Trailer

4/17/19 8:13 PM
2/27/03

4/20/19 1:13 AM
1/1/01

I’m looking forward to this 

22 days ago
2/27/03
Show debuts tomorrow - but if change the date/clock on your computer to 26 you can watch the series now
Edited: 22 days ago
7/5/03
Show is live now on Amazon. All Amazon originals air 5-6 hours before midnight. I have seen the first two episodes good stuff good action and dark comedy. If you have a 4k set make sure to type the boys 4k and scroll a few lines to find that version
22 days ago
7/5/03
You don't have to change anything just search by the title of the show
22 days ago
2/27/03
Thanks for the info BradGluckman! Thought I had found a way to trick the system and get to watch the show early!
22 days ago
3/7/05
My problem with Garth Ennis properties is always the same. At a certain point I feel like the story telling gives way to gratuitous shock mongering and I lose interest.
22 days ago
2/27/03
Agreed, but luckily they have Eric Kripke as showrunner and writer for the series.
22 days ago
3/7/05
KeijiKadekawa - Agreed, but luckily they have Eric Kripke as showrunner and writer for the series.

If someone can reign that in a little it would be a great series. I dropped out of the comic when they hit the religious super hero that was constantly... I don't even want to talk about what he was constantly doing. But it was just too much for me.
19 days ago
6/27/02
I've binged the show, and I thought it was great. A lot of changes from the comic, which normally annoys me, but it all worked IMO. Some of the changes are even for the better. The Deep and A-Train are much more fleshed out characters than in the book. Homelander is fucking perfect, Butcher is great too. The over the top violence and peversion from the book is toned down, but still present, which is ok with me as I feel Ennis just tried too hard to be shocking sometimes.
19 days ago
3/7/05
Einar - I've binged the show, and I thought it was great. A lot of changes from the comic, which normally annoys me, but it all worked IMO. Some of the changes are even for the better. The Deep and A-Train are much more fleshed out characters than in the book. Homelander is fucking perfect, Butcher is great too. The over the top violence and peversion from the book is toned down, but still present, which is ok with me as I feel Ennis just tried too hard to be shocking sometimes.

YES, that is exactly the point I was making. And through 5 episodes I would agree on your review. The changes work so far. Karl Urban is great as the Butcher. Hughie... not as much but ok. And the guy playing Homelander really nailed it.
17 days ago
3/7/05
So finished up, definitely major changes which for the most part I liked. It is toned down which only helps I think. It is less about spectacle and more about the story. At points you even feel kind of bad for Homelander, sort of.
17 days ago
2/27/03
From recent AMA on reddit with Eric Kripke

What scene was cut from the show that you wish could have stayed in?

Loved the show and can't wait to see more.

--------------

There was ONE SCENE that Amazon said FUCK NO, you have to cut. I couldn't quite understand why considering everything else we have in the show, but: Homelander, after being dressed down by Stilwell in episode 2, was standing on one of the Chrysler building Eagles. He pulled his pants down and started jerking off, mumbling "I can do whatever I want" over and over again until he climaxed all over New York City. We shot it! Oh my God, Anthony was the BEST in that scene. Amazon seemed to think it wasn't necessary. I thought it told me something about his psyche. To be clear, they've been great, that may have been the ONLY fight I lost in Season 1.
17 days ago
3/7/05
I thought the balance was great. It definitely was edgy but didn't wallow in spectacle to the point it felt gratuitous.
17 days ago
8/20/16

I might give this a shot. Amazon is impressing me with their original content. They seem to be trying for quality projects, unlike Netflix, which has some good stuff and a lot of abominably terrible stuff.

Edited: 15 days ago
8/20/16

SPOILERS (?)

Well, I'm four episodes in and I'm not sure I'm going to continue. I seem to remember that The Boys were a tightknit group, right from the beginning, so the scene where Butcher owes Frenchie $40 000 and then Frenchie puts a gun in Butcher's face was really off-putting. These guys are basically thugs from a Guy Ritchie movie instead of highly lethal, highly capable special forces.

The fact that Hughie knows Annie is a super hero is a major change and I don't know if I like it. Maybe they looked at that sort of set-up and thought it was too lame to build tension, but, Jesus, when you write characters as well as Ennis, you can make that work. But they can't write characters as well as Ennis, so maybe it's better that they changed it.

but then... a few days after his fiance was killed in front of him and he's asking for Annie's number? That just doesn't make sense, unless it was some kind of attempt to leave the door open to use her in their mission (which really isn't a mission so much as they're a bunch of wankers in a bad spot).

I don't enjoy many TV shows these days and I don't think this is doing it for me, tbh.

Little things, but it basically comes down to me just being tired of television conventions.

13 days ago
6/30/09

Loved it. Never read the comic but thought it was great. 

Spoilers:

The scene in the finale in the chair was epic!