GeekGround The most popular hero is.... (poll results)

14 days ago
1/1/01
https://www.newsarama.com/49393-superman-is-the-most-popular-superhero-in-america-but-marvel-beats-dc.html

A research poll conducted by OnePoll shows that Superman is the most popular superhero in the United States - but Marvel still beats DC overall.

The study, conducted in advance of the opening of the Avengers Campus attraction at Disneyland's California Adventure Park, measured the favorite superheroes, villains, and comic book universes of respondents.

Superman was voted the most popular superhero in the country, followed by Spider-Man, Batman, Captain America, and Iron Man, in that order. Marvel was voted as the most popular superhero universe over DC, with almost twice as many respondents preferring Marvel.

Additionally, fans voted the Avengers as their favorite super team, and the Joker as their top choice for villains - while also voting that Superman would beat Batman in a fight.

fRespondents were also asked if they considered themselves "fans" of superheroes, with 64% saying yes, and 48% agreeing they enjoy superhero movies. Another 32% said they have attended or would attend a convention or fan event.

Fans also voted invisibility the most desirable super power, followed by super healing, super strength, and super intelligence.

Here are the lists of the top ten superheroes and villains, according to the poll, along with the list of the most popular super powers:

AMERICA’S TOP 10 FAVORITE SUPERHEROES
1. Superman
2. Spider-Man
3. Batman
4. Captain America
5. Iron Man
6. Wonder Woman
7. Aquaman
8. Captain Marvel
9. Black Panther
10. Wolverine

AMERICA’S TOP 10 FAVORITE VILLAINS
1. Joker
2. Catwoman
3. Venom
4. Thanos
5. Lex Luthor
6. Magneto
7. Penguin
8. Harley Quinn
9. Mystique
10. Loki

THE SUPERPOWERS AMERICANS WANT MOST
1. Invisibility                           37%
2. Healing                              35%
3. Time travel                        35%
4. Superhuman strength       33%
5. Superhuman intelligence  33%    
14 days ago
1/1/01

paw comments: I will be trolling all the fans of Batman with this article. But it is a bit odd, as I think Batman dominates Superman in sales on every level I can think of.

My guess is this poll also shows the impact of films on general popularity. 

14 days ago
3/7/05
Wait that's not possible, the MCU assures us Captain Marvel is the MOST popular! Somehow brie larson's natural charisma and charm failed to elevate Captain Marvel into the top five?

On a serious note, who the hell takes invisibility as their top choice for a super power? That would not even make my top ten.
13 days ago
12/7/17

Donald Trump 

13 days ago
1/18/03
BigWilliam - Wait that's not possible, the MCU assures us Captain Marvel is the MOST popular! Somehow brie larson's natural charisma and charm failed to elevate Captain Marvel into the top five?

On a serious note, who the hell takes invisibility as their top choice for a super power? That would not even make my top ten.

Invisibility is chosen by horny guys to spy on naked chicks.  Funny how none of this popularity brings in comic sales though.

12 days ago
3/7/05
JLK - 
BigWilliam - Wait that's not possible, the MCU assures us Captain Marvel is the MOST popular! Somehow brie larson's natural charisma and charm failed to elevate Captain Marvel into the top five?

Invisibility is chosen by horny guys to spy on naked chicks.  Funny how none of this popularity brings in comic sales though.

If those guys were thinking they would take telepathy, ride along in the mind of some wicked hot lesbians for an orgy!
9 days ago
2/4/07

Top 2 and 4/10 Villains are Batman villains. Find it hard to believe Superman is more popular, but people might pick him cause in a way he is almost an American ideal.

8 days ago
3/7/05
If you ask ten random non comic fans to name a super hero, 7 will say Superman. He just has that instant name recognition beyond anyone else.