GeekGround This makes me happy (if true...Y:The Last Man)

4/15/19 4:48 PM
1/1/01

paw comments: I bolded the part that makes me happy. You can read the rest of the article if you want...

From https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04/15/fx-cancels-y-the-last-man-tv-show/

Bleeding Cool has received a tip off from a tv source close to the situation that FX has cancelled their order for a TV series based on the DC/Vertigo critically acclaimed, bestselling and fan-favourite comic book series Y: The Last Man by Brian K Vaughan and Pia Guerra. This happened just over 3 months after they ordered it to series.

Edited: 4/15/19 4:48 PM
1/1/01

so happy i posted it twice? (stupid, stupid, stupid site)

4/15/19 10:04 PM
10/27/03

Why does this make you happy?  I like Vaughan. He deserves some of that sweet TV money.

4/16/19 9:28 AM
1/1/01
FingerorMoon - 

Why does this make you happy?  I like Vaughan. He deserves some of that sweet TV money.

Y: The Last Man is total rubbish. It might be the most over-hyped collection of nonsense in comicdom. In particular Yorick is one of the worst characters I have ever had the mispleasure of reading about.  So much so that I simply cannot read Y as a result.

Vaughan might be the nicest fellow in the world and he's certainly written some comics that I enjoy a great deal. Y, however, is not one of them.

4/16/19 10:36 AM
1/1/01
Showrunners quit, but it's still on.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/15/y-the-last-man-adaptation-moving-forward-fx-new-showrunners/
4/16/19 5:56 PM
10/27/03
paw -
FingerorMoon - 

Y: The Last Man is total rubbish. It might be the most over-hyped collection of nonsense in comicdom. In particular Yorick is one of the worst characters I have ever had the mispleasure of reading about.  So much so that I simply cannot read Y as a result.

Vaughan might be the nicest fellow in the world and he's certainly written some comics that I enjoy a great deal. Y, however, is not one of them.

Ah ok.

I read it at the time but found it pretty unmemorable compared to majority of the stuff from the golden age of Vertigo