GeekGround Thor gets a new creative team

10/7/19 11:59 AM
1/1/01

From https://www.newsarama.com/47237-donny-cates-nic-klein-crown-thor-king-of-asgard-in-new-ongoing.html

Writer Donny Cates and Artist Nic Klein will launch a new Thor ongoing series in 2020, as announced during Marvel Comics' Next Big Thing panel at New York Comic Con 2019. Colorist Matthew Wilson will be returning to Thor to work over Klein's illustrations.

"Every book that I write for this company I try to make it the biggest, baddest book I can," Cates said. "Matt Fraction once said that every Thor book should sound like Zeppelin. Well, I want mine to be like Norwegian black metal."

Cates and Klein's Thor will pit the God of Thunder against a new threat called the Black Winter.

“In all my wildest dreams, I could never have imagined a world in which I was worthy of writing Thor,” Cates said in a subsequent statement. “From Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, all the way to the legendary run I am so foolishly following by the great Jason Aaron, it is beyond an honor to enter the golden halls of Asgard, and to pave the path (Far beyond the fields we know...) for the Thunder God himself. Know that you will have my best, true believers.  For all of you. For Asgard. Forever.”

“I’m incredibly excited and honored to be working on this with Donny,” added Nic Klein. “Thor is one of my favorite comic book characters so I really tried to up my game to do Thor and all of Asgard justice.”

The trio will take over following the departure of longtime writer Jason Aaron, who has penned multiple volumes of Thor's adventures across various titles since 2012.

Here's the solicitation:

THOR #1
Writer: DONNY CATES
Artist: NIC KLEIN
A BRAND-NEW, SUPERSTAR CREATIVE TEAM TAKES THE KING OF ASGARD TO NEW REALMS OF GLORY!
The prince is now a king. All Asgard lies before Thor, the God of Thunder. And after many months of war, the Ten Realms are finally at peace. But the skies above the Realm Eternal are never clear for long. The Black Winter is coming. And the God of the Storm will be powerless before it.

10/8/19 10:14 AM
3/7/05
If this is a clean restart I will give it a look.