UnderGround Forums Twitter reacts to Jon Jones arrest

Edited: 5 days ago
1/1/01

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones was arrested in the early hours of Thursday morning in his hometown of Albuquerque, N.M., and booked at 4:43 a.m. on charges of driving while intoxicated, negligent use of a firearm, possession of an open container, and no proof of insurance.

KOAT Action News 7 reports that shortly after 1:00 a.m., officers responded to a report of gunshots fired and found Jones inside a vehicle with the engine on. Jones reportedly told the officers he did not know anything about the gunshots.

Officers noticed signs of intoxication and administered a field sobriety test, which Jones reportedly performed poorly, and then administered a breathalyzer, which showed at least twice the legal limit of .08 percent. Jones reportedly admitted he had been driving earlier and intended to drive now. He was of course arrested.

A black handgun and a half-empty 750ml bottle of Recuerdo mezcal was reportedly found in the vehicle. In an impossibly MMA moment, that's Jorge Masvidal's new mezcal that Jones was allegedly drinking, during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic.

Jones is no longer is in custody, but his reputation is in tattered tatters.

And Twitter reacted.

With tough love ...

Positivity (Note: This was not the usual reaction) ... 

Dark humor ...

1/1/01

The inevitable ...

Derps derping ...

The Last Memebender...

https://twitter.com/>

https://twitter.com/>

A good question ...

And what we are left with.

11/24/13

Lock him up and throw away the key. He is a piece of shit human being in every facet of his life.

He's failed more drug tests than he has had total fights. He's a serial criminal, liar, cheater, and snitch. He cheats on his wife, in his chosen profession, and in the court room. He left a pregnant woman for DEAD and fled the scene!

Between his scumbag manager Malki and Dana White, they convinced the government, USADA, and Zuffa to sponsor his egregious cheating, changing rules and removing penalties to workaround his egregious PED usage. The guy will never ever be considered anywhere close to being a GOAT in the sport of MMA. Especially since he lost his last two fights, but due to Canelo/Mayweather corruption via the judging, they artificially award him the win.

Jones is literally a disgrace to the human race. I never want to see or read about him again. Just take him behind the barn and shoot him.

5 days ago
2/23/10

A lot of people are gonna touch on how much of a jackass Jon is but no one has mentioned how this mothafucka 6 foot 6!

5 days ago
1/1/01

My hope is that the firearm shows it was not discharged recently, and this is just a DUI. That said, I was done with Jones a long time ago now, as the combination of preaching Godliness and greatness while behaving, at 32, like a drunken frat boy, has eclipsed the now sad fact that he's the best fighter in MMA history.

5 days ago
11/24/13

5 days ago
8/6/08
wonder how egg is going to spin this one
11/24/13
Kirik -

My hope is that the firearm shows it was not discharged recently, and this is just a DUI. That said, I was done with Jones a long time ago now, as the combination of preaching Godliness and greatness while behaving, at 32, like a drunken frat boy, has eclipsed the now sad fact that he's the best fighter in MMA history.

He's not a GOAT, that's a myth. DC has eclipsed his greatness before Jones went on a two fight losing streak in his last two fights.

The only reason he had a good run there was egregious PED use and being lucky enough to exist in a weight where no one was even close to as big as he was. When he finally did fight someone his size, Gustafsson  drawed/beat him (in their first fight). Santos and Reyes both clearly beat Jones.

His ability to make 205 is the only reason he had success. He'd get owned by Stipe or DC at heavyweight.

11/24/13

Ahahahahahahhahahahahaha, see below:

I actually disagree with Mike, to the point where the opposite is the case: e.g. Attempted vehicular manslaughter of a pregnant woman and then fleeing the scene leaving her for dead is far more egregious.

5 days ago
1/6/20

Jones is a young dude with a lot of cash.. Back off..haters

5 days ago
11/8/08
gokudamus - wonder how egg is going to spin this one

Why is it when Jon Jones gets does something stupid and gets arrested that people start asking what Dana and the UFC are going to do about it? Since when did your employer also become responsible for punishment over legal issues? 

11/24/13
JoeHurley -

Why is it when Jon Jones gets does something stupid and gets arrested that people start asking what Dana and the UFC are going to do about it? Since when did your employer also become responsible for punishment over legal issues? 

UFC has the best lawyers in North America, possibly the entire world. Not kidding.

You bet your sweet ass Malki and Dana are on the phone at some point today discussing how to proceed forward with this Jon thing.

The UFC has invested millions into forcing Jones to become a star. They've gone as far as Canelo rigging of the judging to ensure he isn't dethroned despite losing twice in a row. Via a ton of money and egregious corruption, they will try to get the least severe sentencing as they have in the past.

5 days ago
10/17/19
Frodo Zack -

So? 

5 days ago
5/30/09

He just needs to embrace the roll. No one still thinks he's any kind of roll model. He should just do what he does and win fights. And the next time something like this happens, which it certainly will, he can tell everyone to fuck off instead of trying to sound like an alter boy

5 days ago
11/28/03

hell yeah ufc is gona pay lawyers to protect their champ, their investment, their cash cow.

5 days ago
6/23/10

That's his proudest mugshot yet tho

5 days ago
11/8/08
Nytron -
JoeHurley -

UFC has the best lawyers in North America, possibly the entire world. Not kidding.

You bet your sweet ass Malki and Dana are on the phone at some point today discussing how to proceed forward with this Jon thing.

The UFC has invested millions into forcing Jones to become a star. They've gone as far as Canelo rigging of the judging to ensure he isn't dethroned despite losing twice in a row. Via a ton of money and egregious corruption, they will try to get the least severe sentencing as they have in the past.

Good points. I wasnt thinking about it that way

5 days ago
9/11/19
Nytron -

I actually disagree with Mike, to the point where the opposite is the case: e.g. Attempted vehicular manslaughter of a pregnant woman and then fleeing the scene leaving her for dead is far more egregious.

I know this isn't the point, but I'm curious on how one goes about an "attempted manslaughter"

5 days ago
1/1/01

Homies doing time, question is how much?

5 days ago
7/15/04
LBH_RN -

That's his proudest mugshot yet tho

Lol

5 days ago
4/26/13

6’6” ferreal

5 days ago
11/21/05
Frodo Zack - 

He's almost 33 years old and has 3 kids.

5 days ago
8/18/13
lancearmstrongsmissingtesticle -
Nytron -

I know this isn't the point, but I'm curious on how one goes about an "attempted manslaughter"

You can tell someone’s posts aren’t worth reading when think attempted manslaughter is a thing 

5 days ago
11/24/13
lancearmstrongsmissingtesticle -
Nytron -

Driving while drunk, hitting a pregnant woman, and then fleeing the scene with your booze and illegal drugs.

If you turn the key and you're drunk, and you go on to hit someone, that is attempted manslaughter.

5 days ago
5/8/13

How many times is this millionaire gonna get charged with no insurance!? It’s a charge every time he’s pulled over! Blows my mind