GeekGround Vanilla WoW - Name for a Rogue?

7/13/19 10:16 PM
1/1/01
I'll probably reactivate my WOW account when they roll out Vanilla Wow next month. I'll probably roll a two rogues, a Human female and an Ork male.

I need cool, funny names for them.

For the longest time my main was a Human female rogue called Stabetha. I might try to recycle that name, unless you guys can come up with a better one.

What about a male Ork? For a while I was running a male Ork warrior called Latrine. I don't think that would fit for a rogue.

What do you guys say?
7/13/19 10:59 PM
1/1/01
Just logged in and made sure I had a full set of Heirlooms for a Rogue - Armor, weapons for various specs, trinkets, neck piece.
7/14/19 6:15 PM
1/1/01
My male Ork was named WetWork. I'll probably stick with Stabetha & WetWork. Unless the forum wants to suggest something.
7/15/19 7:01 AM
3/16/11

You can’t use heirlooms on classic. Toys and mounts won’t carry over either. 

7/15/19 6:04 PM
10/21/14
looking forward to Classic. Going to roll a rogue as well.

and ya, as mentioned above, Classic has nothing to do with the current version of WoW so heirlooms won't matter.
7/15/19 8:44 PM
1/1/01
Well, so much for "bound to the account."

I didn't join until Burning Crusades, but I seem to recall it taking FOREVER to level back in the day. Full heirlooms was the only way I saw to make it tolerable.
7/15/19 8:52 PM
5/13/02

Name him DanMcstabby 

7/15/19 10:53 PM
10/21/14
phydeau - Well, so much for "bound to the account."

I didn't join until Burning Crusades, but I seem to recall it taking FOREVER to level back in the day. Full heirlooms was the only way I saw to make it tolerable.

the whole point of WoW Classic is to recreate the vanilla experience. And ya, 1-60 is gonna take a LONG time. I'm looking forward to it but have doubts I will even get to 60.

7/15/19 11:03 PM
1/1/01

HorseCaulk is the only proper name in honor of playing with Steve. 

7/16/19 10:38 AM
11/8/11
phydeau - Well, so much for "bound to the account."

I'm not sure you get the point of Classic if you want to powerlevel with heirlooms.

7/16/19 3:15 PM
5/13/02

Play a Druid and beat everyone 1v1 using the worst class in the game

7/16/19 9:05 PM
1/1/01
I thought Paladin was the worst class in Vanilla?
Edited: 7/16/19 10:25 PM
5/13/02

Paladin is THE BEST healer in vanilla for both PvE and PvP.  

Worst class is arguably Druid. Their DPS is shit (unless you're Shedo farming MCPs), their heals are pretty meh, and they can kinda tank.  Don't get me wrong, they are FUN AS FUCK. And you can WPvP with them and do some crazy shit with skill if you go Balance/Resto + Engineering, and you can do really well in BGs too playing the objectives, but you're gonna almost bore people to death killing them because of all of the kiting and how long it takes.

If you want the best class in vanilla WoW, play a mage. 

7/17/19 10:15 AM
3/7/05
How many classes are in WoW after all these years? Must be dozens.
7/17/19 10:24 AM
5/13/02

Doesn’t matter Big William - all of the classes do the same shit now. Also they all look the same because of transgendermog and people play to collect mounts now. It’s gayer than a bag of dicks

7/17/19 10:30 AM
3/7/05
Wait transgendermog? That is a thing?
7/17/19 11:24 AM
10/21/14
BigWilliam - Wait transgendermog? That is a thing?

i think he meant transmogging. basically you can make your gear look like other pieces of gear. so if you had a helm you really liked, and then replaced it with a better one, you could 'transmog' it to make it look like your old one but with the new stats.
7/17/19 11:32 AM
10/21/14
BigWilliam - How many classes are in WoW after all these years? Must be dozens.

they only added 3 i think. Death Knight, Monk and Demon Hunter. but as Sean said, the classes have lost their uniqueness. Every class has a self heal, snare, stun, etc. Part of the reason I think there is such interest in Classic is to get the old class roles back.
7/17/19 1:08 PM
5/13/02

Yeah, that’s why I said roll a Druid and gank people with what is considered the worst class in the game (it’s not). Feral is shit for PvP but Balance/Resto is lulz and you slowly chop down someone’s health while kiting, FF spam rogues with moonfire and insect swarm, NS to full, root and starfire shit all over people using Engineering. It’s the truly unique class that’s really hard to kill and can fuck with you endlessly.  No better flag runner in WSG, no better node defender in AB (kite/dot), and ninja stuff in AV, and WPvP if shit goes sideways you just run away.  I was being dead serious 

takes some skill though

7/17/19 6:47 PM
1/1/01

Sean is correct on the Mage thing. Once you’re high level, GLASS CANON HERE I COME! 

28 days ago
1/1/01
theseanster - 

Vanilla Druid was a beast...up until you hit 60.

Catform range bug was absurdly broken and Feral just didn't scale (apart from bear armor)

OOMkin was unworkable and the 25 point talent LITERALLY didn't work.

Resto was innervate bot in raids and the HoTs didn't stack.

Running the flag in WSG was the only place Druid excelled.
Edited: 27 days ago
5/13/02
Squatdog - 
theseanster - 

Catform range bug was absurdly broken and Feral just didn't scale (apart from bear armor)

Not disagreeing, Classic will have that range bug fixed (Google "classic wow melee leeway"), feral will still be shit but using Manual Crowd Pummeler some tryhards will make that work (Google "Shedo druid"), and I didn't like vanilla druid myself, and didn't play it until TBC where it was disgustingly good.  Druid is also really good in AB as flag defense as you can tag people and kite endlessly, and I've seen teammates do it on Northdale pserver. 15 years later a lot of pserver players have figured out how to make it work, though it doesn't compete with mage or top DPS at all, but as healers they get pieces for WPvP and go balance/resto in various forms. Some even doing 29/11/11 stuff. It's not great, I wouldn't play it either except to humiliate people w/ engineering, cosumes, etc...

That being said....

Edited: 27 days ago
5/13/02

In addition to their awesome WPvP, not sure how Classic is going to unfold as far as druid tanking, but guys like this who play both Warrior and Druid tanks are pservers, I read this guy is going to roll Druid tank first and he cleared Naxx. So druids may be viable tanks at least for many of the fights.  HOTW spec is pretty common for tank off-healing.  Again, I wouldn't want to heal on a druid because of rejuv not stacking and HT is a shit mess cast time, but I think it will be more popular this time around but still will be the least played class in the game because it's gotta be a pain in the ass to work with

26 days ago
1/1/01
theseanster - 
Squatdog - 
theseanster - 

Not disagreeing, Classic will have that range bug fixed (Google "classic wow melee leeway"), feral will still be shit but using Manual Crowd Pummeler some tryhards will make that work (Google "Shedo druid"), and I didn't like vanilla druid myself, and didn't play it until TBC where it was disgustingly good.  Druid is also really good in AB as flag defense as you can tag people and kite endlessly, and I've seen teammates do it on Northdale pserver. 15 years later a lot of pserver players have figured out how to make it work, though it doesn't compete with mage or top DPS at all, but as healers they get pieces for WPvP and go balance/resto in various forms. Some even doing 29/11/11 stuff. It's not great, I wouldn't play it either except to humiliate people w/ engineering, cosumes, etc...

That being said....

Engineering, consumables and obscure items.
Edited: 26 days ago
5/13/02

Yeah I don’t disagree Squatdog. It’s a lot of hackery for sure but that player has a ton of skill and is doing it on a fresh server named Silver Hand at level 45ish 1v2 people in WPvP. Some people just have it down to a science and make it work. A lot of those items like Nifty Stopwatch are just quest rewards with long CDs. Anyone who is going to PvP will have Engineering, not only that they will reroll it to have both Globlin and Gnomish items.