GeekGround *head desk* Claremont retcons...again

7 days ago
1/1/01

From https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12/05/today-chris-claremont-rewrites-the-history-of-the-x-men-spoilers/

(just excepts --- visit the link for the entire story complete with images -- paw)

Chris Claremont said he would be doing this, at MCM London Comic Con a couple of months ago. And he seems to have followed through. We reported back then,

Claremont’s story is set when Cable was but a baby, the young Nathan Summers. With Scott Summers as his dad, Madelyne Pryor his mother and Cable, even as a baby analysing, understanding and remembering everything.

With the Summers visiting Madelyne’s parents, with Scott suffering from postpartum depression as the reason he leaves them all and joins X-Factor (which was never a very satisfying set-up) with Jean Grey.

Except – is it possible that in this version of the story, Scott doesn’t do that at all and goes back to his family? And changes the timeline?

In his non-continuity series X-Men Forever, Chris Claremont write a different history where Scott didn’t leave. And Nathan grew up with Scott in this timeline, looked after by his grandparents.

And in today’s The Exterminated #1, Chris Claremont does what he promises. Rewrites continuity. Keeps Scott and Madelyne together, with Nathan.
7 days ago
1/1/01

paw comments:  I started reading comics with Claremont's Uncanny X-Men.  But now, everything I read by Claremont makes me want to throw my face into a wall.  Repeatedly.

7 days ago
3/7/05
Since when do guys get post partum depression?
7 days ago
6/30/09

WTF they killed off cable?  He's one of the best characters ever.  Last I heard inklings of was a younger cable from the past trying to take out the young xmen.   Is it worth going back and reading any of this?

6 days ago
1/1/01
TwoFatNuts - 

WTF they killed off cable?  He's one of the best characters ever.  Last I heard inklings of was a younger cable from the past trying to take out the young xmen.   Is it worth going back and reading any of this?

It's not finished yet. Issue 5 of that miniseries has been delayed and not released yet.
6 days ago
1/1/01
This is going to end up being X-Man rewriting the universe and getting undone, right?
6 days ago
1/1/01
BiggGunn - This is going to end up being X-Man rewriting the universe and getting undone, right?

You mean like:

• Age of Apocalypse?
  • Age of X?
Probably.