Train Judo Ground Any history questions about judo or aikido?

18 days ago
1/1/01
I'm possibly interviewing Senseis Tadayuki Satoh and Hal Sharp in Portland in about 2 weeks after a re-do in a week in Miami (because of the construction noise) of the Mario Sperry interview for my YouTube Channel: Invincible Self Defense.

Satoh's father and teacher Kenji Tomiki studied under the founder of both judo (Jigoro Kano) and aikido (Morihei Ueshiba) and he teaches the Tokyo Police.

Hal Sharp studied judo back in the 1950s at the Kodokan in Japan. He knew "the god of judo" Mifune and all the rest.
Edited: 18 days ago
3/28/07

Their thoughts on the state of judo today and would they like to see any improvements.  How can judo be made better in the US realistically?  

18 days ago
1/1/01
judoblackbelt - 

Their thoughts on the state of judo today and would they like to see any improvements.  How can judo be made better in the US realistically?  

Great, thanks
Edited: 18 days ago
12/21/04
How do Japanese judoka obtain such a high level of proficiency in both tachi-waza and newaza.
14 days ago
3/28/07

Aaron, I was told practicing 2-3hrs./day 6 days a week.  10-12 rounds each of tachi-waza and 10-12 rounds of newaza.   The japanese are the best conditioned judoka.  They are always attacking and can go deep into golden score without a reduction in intensity.

12 days ago
1/1/01

Yeah my instructor was in the Marines and mentioned all the University and Police Clubs practiced a ton of randori in Okinawa and Japan.