Train Judo Ground Help me understand the shidos in this match.

11/27/18 5:22 PM
12/21/04

Dorjsuren was disqualified in this match for receiving three shidos for non-combativity. I don't see it. Help me understand why she was penalized at the 1:40, 3:20 and 7:20 marks.  

11/28/18 6:48 AM
12/21/04

Okay. Here is the response I got on another page from a very experienced referee. The shidos were a result of Dorjsuren not attacking enough throughout the match, not simply for something she did right before matte was called.

"First Shido. White is out attacked by 3 or 4 unanswered Tachiwaza attempts, White is fending off the grip, and is dominated by Blue's offensive Newaza exchanges. The Referee has allowed sufficient time to pass, more than 45 seconds of active movement in Tachiwaza, before dinging White with a non-combativity (passivity) Shido. Second Shido. White has attacked a few times but is out attacked at 3 :1 by Blue. Blue is not obligated to engage Newaza, and White is unable to break through Blue's defenses. White is still fending off the grip. Blue is advancing, and launching quick, turning attacks, often followed by a remise, or secondary attack. White is backing off, bending, and circling, in a negative posture. The Referee has allowed more time to pass, more than 1.5 minutes of active movement in Tachiwaza, before dinging White again for non-combativity (passivity). Third Shido. Blue maintains a steady pace of drop attacks, White is advancing, but NOT ATTACKING in Tachiwaza, White is trying to capitalize on Blue's drop attacks, by engaging Newaza, but is unsuccessful. Blue is circling, and backing off, from White's advance, potentially negative, but is then abruptly beating White to the punch, with a valid attack nearly each time White engages the grip. White simply does not respond with a solid turning attack of their own. The Referee gets a call in from his judges, and the third non-combativity (passivity) penalty ends the match by a cumulative Hansoku-make disqualification. Blue's strategy of attacking into White each time White was preparing their attack, was a highly successful tactic."

11/28/18 9:01 PM
3/28/07

Dorjsuren (#2, 75k)had only 1 throw attempt in the match.   Klimkait (#7, 57k) had throw attempts throughout the match.  I didn't understand Dorjsuren gripping with her sleeve hand it was a sode grip to attack to Dorjsuren left side but she never tried the throw.  But when Klimkait got her sode grip with her right sleeve hand she attacked to her left side. She also attacked with double sleeve grip. Dorjsuren had double sleeve grip and didn't attack.  Not sure why Dorjwuren let her have these grips.   I see no fault in the 3 shido's.  Dorjsurem was not aggresive for some reason.  Klimkait took 1st place in this event. Dorjsuren tied for 7th place.

Klimkait beat Silva (BRA) 1st round.  Her constant movement and attacking I think frustrates/wears down the opponent.   Most of her opponents have at least 2 shido's.   She is relentless.  

11/28/18 9:10 PM
3/28/07

Thanks for your contribution to the judo forum.  

Edited: 11/28/18 10:48 PM
12/21/04
judoblackbelt -

Dorjsuren (#2, 75k)had only 1 throw attempt in the match.   Klimkait (#7, 57k) had throw attempts throughout the match.  I didn't understand Dorjsuren gripping with her sleeve hand it was a sode grip to attack to Dorjsuren left side but she never tried the throw.  But when Klimkait got her sode grip with her right sleeve hand she attacked to her left side. She also attacked with double sleeve grip. Dorjsuren had double sleeve grip and didn't attack.  Not sure why Dorjwuren let her have these grips.   I see no fault in the 3 shido's.  Dorjsurem was not aggresive for some reason.  Klimkait took 1st place in this event. Dorjsuren tied for 7th place.

Klimkait beat Silva (BRA) 1st round.  Her constant movement and attacking I think frustrates/wears down the opponent.   Most of her opponents have at least 2 shido's.   She is relentless.  

I have to wonder if Dorjsuren's arm was hurt doing that Huizinga Roll at the beginning. I've never seen anyone escape that submission. Dorjsuren got out, but maybe she hurt her arm in the process. Or maybe Klimkait is just that good. She was on fire this tournament.  

11/29/18 8:02 AM
3/28/07

Good point Aaron.  I wondered how she escaped from the Huizinga roll.   Klimkait was going for the pin and maybe during the situp  escape by Dojsuren (never seen this before) the arm was hurt.   

Klimcait beat # 2,14,20,51,74 ranked women to win this.  Her win vs. Silva was not this tournament. My mistake, it was 1st round 2018 World Championships.  Klimkait's judo frustrates and wears down her opponents.  Want to see her fight other top 5 opponents like (Yoshida, Gjakova or Smythe) who have very aggressive/physical styles also. Silva to me has a lot of judo years wear and tear on her for 26 yrs. old. It takes time for her to set up her throws. (Klimkait is 21 yrs. old.)  

12/4/18 10:38 AM
1/1/01

She also looked gased out and just not agressive?