UnderGround Forums Jon Jones: See You In A Year Or 2 ($ Stalemate)

6 days ago
7/10/12

6 days ago
6/27/05

Whaaaaa!!!!

Whaaaaa!!!

6 days ago
5/11/13

More like see you in 5 to 10 with good behavior!!!

Edited: 6 days ago
11/24/13

Jones is gonna blow through all his money from his last two fights. Once tax day deadline nears, he'll be texting Dana in a few months at 8am Albuquerque time for another paycheck.

This might work out great though, it gives time for Santos or Reyes to heal up so Jones can try to avenge either of those loses.

6 days ago
7/10/12

6 days ago
7/10/12

6 days ago
7/10/12
Nytron -

Jones is gonna blow through all his money from his last two fights. Once tax day deadline nears, he'll be texting Dana in a few months at 8am Albuquerque time for another paycheck.

This might work out great though, it gives time for Santos or Reyes to heal up so Jones can try to avenge either of those loses.

More like 3AM

With a gun and a bottle in the car seat next to him

Or maybe his one call from the police station?

6 days ago
5/8/20

What a surprise, Jones talks himself out of the fight! 

6 days ago
3/17/14

this is a fight that would sell like crazy. everyone knows that. the fact UFC doesnt want to pay the fighters more is a shame. Jones is doing what anyone would do. its like stepping up at your job at the highest level for no extra pay, and you idiots talk shit on Jones, would you become the top dog at your job with no extra pay, with much more pressure? no.

6 days ago
1/1/01
CindyDanoisstrikingcoach -

You’re dumber than a $2 whore.

LOL @ Jones fighting Francis for the same money. Dana is trash for this.

Edited: 6 days ago
1/1/10

What's all this extra money bullshit? Does he have a contract or not? I'd love to see Egg start calling him out on the 'extra' shit they've done for this asshole, like moving events, overlooking actions that would get anyone else fired, using the UFS's resources to keep JJ from being banned from the sport, coercing regulatory officials, and on and on.

6 days ago
3/22/16
I kinda see the UFCs point in this. Jones is the one yapping his gums that he can beat Ngannou and heavyweights. This fight isnt the UFC's idea, they prefer him to rematch Reyes. So they told Jon sure, fight HW on ur current contract terms if thats the fight Jones is pushing for. They have a point that if Jones really believes this is a yuuuge fight then he would rake it in on ppv points.

Jones knows the Reyes rematch is a risk, so he wants to cash in on a big payday before risking his title. Even if he were to lose to Francis it can be brushed off as "not his weight class" and still the best LHW ever. But his stock takes a huge hit if he were to lose to Reyes
6 days ago
9/21/11

If a guy in the NFL keeps having off the field issues teams tend to not want to take a chance on them. Here comes Jones after multiple bookings, one just recently and is like "give me more money" 

6 days ago
1/24/16
Loiosh -

What's all this extra money bullshit? Does he have a contract or not? I'd love to see Egg start calling him out on the 'extra' shit they've done for this asshole, like moving events, overlooking actions that would get anyone else fired, using the UFS's resources to keep JJ from being banned from the sport, coercing regulatory officials, and on and on.

They did that for themselves not for him

6 days ago
3/11/09

On 1 hand I see his point.  On the other I think he should just be thankful he's still fighting in the UFC with all the shit he's pulled.

6 days ago
7/10/12
multiculturaljoseph -

Curious - what does $2 get me with said whore?

6 days ago
4/18/20

People like Chael called this exactly from the beginning

6 days ago
12/31/19

Dam not a good look Jon!!

6 days ago
3/19/05
LOL I personally don't care. None of his fights have been exciting in the last 2-3 and all of the criminal stuff outside of it makes it even worse.
6 days ago
6/9/16
knappster -

this is a fight that would sell like crazy. everyone knows that. the fact UFC doesnt want to pay the fighters more is a shame. Jones is doing what anyone would do. its like stepping up at your job at the highest level for no extra pay, and you idiots talk shit on Jones, would you become the top dog at your job with no extra pay, with much more pressure? no.

Good point!

6 days ago
6/9/16
Loiosh -

Also a good point! 

6 days ago
6/26/06
Diabeetus - 

On 1 hand I see his point.  On the other I think he should just be thankful he's still fighting in the UFC with all the shit he's pulled.

This is just negotiating tactics on both sides. A Jones / Ngannou match on fight Island could be Dana's Thrilla in Manilla, his Rumble in the Jungle, his Fight of the Century. He knows he has to make this fight. Matter fact, wouldn't surprise me to see a trilogy here.

First fight, Jones keeps Ngannou off him the first two rounds while firing off oblique and spinning back kicks, stiff jabs and teeps, but at the end of the third Ngannou bullrushes Jones, Jones parries the first two bombs but slips and gets caught flush on the chin and flash kayoed, ref jumps in, stops the fight, Jones jumps up ready to continue, the crowd erupts as Ngannou is declared the winner of the biggest fight in history.

In the rematch, Jones ekes out a 5 round split decision, boom, biggest three fights in UFC history to kick off Fight Island.
6 days ago
6/30/07
Rabid Bunyip -
multiculturaljoseph -

Curious - what does $2 get me with said whore?

Crabs

6 days ago
4/22/07

Suspensions have already wasted some of his prime,lets let a temper tantrum waste the rest. 

6 days ago
11/5/19
Taco Muncher - 
Loiosh -

Also a good point! 

Ya, so he can fight Gus or Santos for that contract, or he could step up and take huge fights. Would you rather fight a LHW or Ngannaou for the exact same money? It’s not like he refused Reyes or Anthony Smith and asked for more money.

If the ufc feels the fight could sell huge, the money is there to pay Jones and Ngannaou more